Reed1812

USA Entry Testing & Vac Status

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am due to travel back to England and will be returning to USA a couple of weeks later. Can someone please help me on the below.

I am twice vaccinated. I have not gotten around to getting a booster yet, do I need it prior to coming back to America?

The test states that it has to be taken no more than 1 day before my flight. I fly 11:20am Saturday, could I arrange a test for say 8am Friday morning or does it have to be within 24hr of the departure time?

Thank you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Reed1812 said:

I fly 11:20am Saturday, could I arrange a test for say 8am Friday morning or does it have to be within 24hr of the departure time?

1 day before not 24 hours. Friday 8AM or even earlier works.

Booster is optional.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

PCR test was required for Adil to enter Moroc

and he took it within the 24 hours as CDC said

results were suppose to come by email 

that was in May and he still has not gotten the results as labs are backed up (although it  and paid for by his insurance)

so good luck 

7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

PCR test was required for Adil to enter Moroc

and he took it within the 24 hours as CDC said

results were suppose to come by email 

that was in May and he still has not gotten the results as labs are backed up (although it  and paid for by his insurance)

so good luck 

This is not relevant for me. I do not require a test to enter the UK. I am talking about testing to enter America

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Reed1812 said:

This is not relevant for me. I do not require a test to enter the UK. I am talking about testing to enter America

He just did the regular covid test to come back with his mom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You’ve been given the information that is correct as of today. Make sure you check again a few days before returning, these requirements change continuously.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You can also take an Abbot rapid test with you. I have used these at least 6 times for my wife and I to reenter the US. Simple observed test via a video call on your laptop or cellphone, and you have results in 15 min updated and sent as a QR code to your phone. These are accepted by the CDC for reeentry to the US, and I have had no issues so far. American airlines, and United actually recommend them. Here is a link to where to buy a 2 pack.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.