144 posts in this topic

June 2022 is here I seen a couple of June filers already posting elsewhere in the forum so I decided to make the June 2022 ROC filers thread for you to gather in. Good luck to all that will be sending in their ROC packet this month. Do not hesitate to ask your questions. My your journey be quick or at least bearable! Be sure to keep your timelines updated with the current dates and stats, this will help everyone!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

I knew I saw two couples applying for ROC in June I guess they must have gotten lost... lol hopefully they'll be along shortly!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 hours ago, Gyyomme said:

Sent packet out on Monday, got delivered today. Hoping for a stress free journey. Good luck to everyone.

Welcome to the thread!

Citizenship Complete!

1 hour ago, palp said:

Hello. Can you please guide on what all docs ( examples) need to be submitted along with I-751. Uscis website does not elaborate much. Thanks.

Go check out this thread it may give you an idea. As far as assembling  your packet it depends on what evidences and documents you have. Also look at the instructions for the 751 it lists documents you may need there. Bank statements. Wills medical DNR, utilities bills, leases, taxes the things married couples accumulate. Insurance,  all these items in joint (both names).

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Hi everyone! I just shipped my I-751 packet via FedEx this afternoon, self-prepared. The wait begins... Who else is in the same boat?

12-18-19: Married (on H-1B) 
01-20-20: Filed for AOS by mail via FedEx
01-22-20: Package signed for
01-28-20: NOA1's (dated 01-22-20)
02-07-20: Received biometrics appt. notice
02-14-20: Biometrics appointment (early walk-in) + case status updated

04-30-20: I-485 Ready to schedule interview

06-16-20: EAD/AP card in production
07-03-20: EAD/AP card in hand

08-04-20: I-485 Interview has been scheduled

08-24-20: Interview. IO recommending I-130 & I-485 for approval. New card is being produced.
09-11-20: Green card in hand.

06-13-22: Filed for ROC by mail via FedEx

3 minutes ago, Ad3line said:

Hi everyone! I just shipped my I-751 packet via FedEx this afternoon, self-prepared. The wait begins... Who else is in the same boat?

Welcome to the thread!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We posted ours yesterday June 13th via USPS. That was the first date available for us and we did it despite being the 13th :)

The good thing about being on the 13th is that I've sent our original documents for K-1 on January 13th 2018 and got approved fast. 

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

We posted ours yesterday June 13th via USPS. That was the first date available for us and we did it despite being the 13th :)

The good thing about being on the 13th is that I've sent our original documents for K-1 on January 13th 2018 and got approved fast. 

Let's  hope it continues to bring you luck. Hopefully USPS will not super fast deliver!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We file ROC next month and I'm lining up the packet... my question is regarding filing fees, with respect to waived interviews: are folks sending 2 authorizations, one for the form and one for biometrics or just one for the total AND if just one charge authorization is sent are people receiving partial refunds?

...will also link to this post in the May filers thread.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

We file ROC next month and I'm lining up the packet... my question is regarding filing fees, with respect to waived interviews: are folks sending 2 authorizations, one for the form and one for biometrics or just one for the total AND if just one charge authorization is sent are people receiving partial refunds?

You can do one for all fees,just make it clear on the form / coverletter ,that it is for both forms.And,if they for example reuse your biometrics from AOS,you don't get a refund.gotta pay it,no matter what🤷‍♀️

Edited by Caligirl1
Missed something

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Caligirl1 said:

You can do one for all fees,just make it clear on the form / coverletter ,that it is for both forms.And,if they for example reuse your biometrics from AOS,you don't get a refund.gotta pay it,no matter what🤷‍♀️

We didn't AoS.

So biometrics fees continue to exist even if interviews where said biometrics are/were taken are waived?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

5 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

We didn't AoS.

So biometrics fees continue to exist even if interviews where said biometrics are/were taken are waived?

Yep, there's always a biometrics fee that has to be paid with the application fee. No refunds if they use old ones. 

2 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

We just sent one check totalling to 680$. That's it. And like other people said, I don't think they'll refund wauved biometrics etc. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.