164 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 minute ago, newyork1234 said:

ohh.. didn't know that.

I though Toronto process that.

but based on your comment, one month is very good time frame though.

Maybe this should give you some peace of mind

https://visawhen.com/consulates/montreal/cr1ir1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Chancy said:

Your case will go to Montreal, not Toronto.  Montreal is the only consulate in Canada that processes immigrant visa applications, including CR1/IR1 visas.  Montreal has cleared their backlog for CR1/IR1, so the recent wait time for IL after DQ is short, maybe just 1 month or so.

That is the best news I have gotten regarding this whole process! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Simplytex said:

The K3 is just a little bit of Internet rumor that by filling in the I129F, you might get lucky and be processed in 2-4 months. Seems to "work" for some people, and not for others, it's free so besides a couple hours of my time filling it out, I decided to do it. 

I'm not expecting that a k3 visa would be issued, since basically none get issued anymore, I'm just hoping for a faster processing time.

That is interesting!  You just file I129f and send it out?  Isn't that the same form for K1?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, MRJ9987 said:

That is interesting!  You just file I129f and send it out?  Isn't that the same form for K1?  

Same exact form, but one of the first boxes on the front page (choose either 4a or 4b) will indicate if you are filing it as a K1 fiancé or K3 spouse. Really the major difference is that you don't have to resubmit evidence related to your ongoing relationship (since that should already be in the I-130) and there is no fee for it. You do have to mail it in, there is no online option for it.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Simplytex said:

Same exact form, but one of the first boxes on the front page (choose either 4a or 4b) will indicate if you are filing it as a K1 fiancé or K3 spouse. Really the major difference is that you don't have to resubmit evidence related to your ongoing relationship (since that should already be in the I-130) and there is no fee for it. You do have to mail it in, there is no online option for it.

8 hours ago, Simplytex said:

Hope that I get an update from someone here regarding this I129F. I'm following

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My update

USC filing for spouse abroad

SC- California,  Filed online

I130 PD- May 19, 2022
NOA1- May 19, 2022

AR- June 18, 2022

I129F- June 27, 2022

🤞🏾

According to VJ my I130 approval estimate is March 22, 2023😲

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As probably one of the last filers in May... I just hit 30 days. Possibly 10% of the way there 🤞 

But, I did file K-3 the week after NOA1, so, maybe I could be one of the lucky people to get approved in 3-4 months! 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, SabJeff said:

USC filing for spouse abroad

SC- Texas transferred to Nebraska,  Filed online

I130 PD- Apr 27, 2022
NOA1- Apr 27, 2022

I-130 approved Jun 30, 2022

I129F- May 10, 2022

I'm happy for you. All the best towards the next steps.

On 5/15/2022 at 11:25 PM, thinpea said:

I don't think a thread for the May 2022 I-130 filers has been started so I wanted to take the initiative and be able to talk to people in the same boat as me! :)  Feel free to remove if there is already a thread for this! 

My current timeline:

Date Filed: May 9th, 2022

NOA1: May 13th, 2022

Good luck to all of you :) 

When you guys think we heard the good news? 🥺

My current timeline: 

Date filed: May 6,2022

NOA1: May 6,2022

Service center: Nebraska 

Edited by Kriselle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.