Sarge2155

May 2022 - AOS Filers

178 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Heads up to everybody.

My Greencard got approved yesterday. Interview got waived. Seems like if you receive your EAD, they are more likely to work on the Greencard after a month. But could be different from case to case, I saw it on most timelines here.

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, thekevkev said:

Heads up to everybody.

My Greencard got approved yesterday. Interview got waived. Seems like if you receive your EAD, they are more likely to work on the Greencard after a month. But could be different from case to case, I saw it on most timelines here.

Congratulations! I think it really does vary from case to case. My husband received his EAD (not a combo card) back in early July, but the AOS is still “being actively reviewed.” We have an IOE receipt number and hoped that the electronic processing would speed things up, but doesn’t seem to be happening for us. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Called again, was told we're still in "actively reviewed", 485 interview waived, she can't give an EAD estimate. This is frustrating b/c my spouse has been taking it SO hard that he can't work and its affecting his mental health and our relationship horribly.

Timeline

Called today. We were told our interview was waived back in May 2022 (i.e. when we filed) but that the application is still being processed. As for time frame, all she would tell us is that it's at the Orlando field office, that they process 80% of their applications within 17 months, so everything is going normally. Sit tight and wait, essentially.  🙄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So we submitted my wife's AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131) packet on 05/23/22, she had her biometrics appointment on 06/27/22, we received an RFE for the I-864 on 06/13/22 (most likely for a form that was out of date), we returned it on 08/24/22, and we still haven't heard anything whatsoever since then; her USCIS account just says the response was received as of 08/31/22.

This is very frustrating and her still not being able to work is becoming a problem. Does anyone know if it's normal for updates to take this long, or should we call them to try to get an update?

K-1 Process                                                                                            AOS Process

11/06/20: I-129F packet shipped via UPS                                         05/23/22: I-485, I-765, I-131 packet shipped via UPS

11/11/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)             05/26/22: AOS packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

11/12/20: Backdated I-129F "received date" (NOA1)                      05/31/22: NOA "notice date" (x3)

02/09/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account                                06/01/22: Text alert with receipt #s received (x3)

02/10/21: Text alert with receipt # received                                     06/02/22: AOS fees charged to bank account

02/16/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(1) received                   06/06/22: Mailed I-797C Notice(s) of Action received (x3)

03/30/21: I-129F petition approved (NOA2)                                     06/13/22: RFE received

04/04/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(2) received                   06/27/22: Biometrics appointment

04/28/21: NVC case # assigned                                                         08/24/22: RFE response shipped

10/29/21: Case sent to Montreal consulate                                     08/31/22: RFE response delivered

11/02/21: Consulate received (first ready)                                       03/11/23: 2nd RFE received

11/15/21: Packet 3 mailed (second ready)                                      03/23/23: AP & EAD approved

11/20/21: Packet 3 received (by U.S. petitioner via mail)              04/28/23: AOS APPROVED!

11/20/21: Packet 3 submitted                                                            05/08/23: Green Card received

11/24/21: Packet 4 received (interview date assigned)

12/10/21: Medical exam (Dr. Cheema in Surrey)

12/14/21: Medical results emailed to the consulate

01/11/22: K-1 interview: APPROVED!

01/14/22: Visa in hand (received via Purolator)

03/29/22: US entry (YYZ Toronto)!

04/04/22: Marriage!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
41 minutes ago, hedgemaze said:

So we submitted my wife's AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131) packet on 05/23/22, she had her biometrics appointment on 06/27/22, we received an RFE for the I-864 on 06/13/22 (most likely for a form that was out of date), we returned it on 08/24/22, and we still haven't heard anything whatsoever since then; her USCIS account just says the response was received as of 08/31/22.

This is very frustrating and her still not being able to work is becoming a problem. Does anyone know if it's normal for updates to take this long, or should we call them to try to get an update?

Hello! My I-765 hasn't changed status since we did the biometrics (7/11). I would indeed try to get through Emma and say you lost your case number, in order to get someone on the phone. I did that about a month and a half ago, to enquire if my I-765 was still in the same location as where it was sent originally, as our I-485 got transferred to another office. They confirmed the I-765 was still at Nebraska and said it could take up to another 12 months. However, the person on the phone said the following on my I-485 (which was transferred to NBC): "I have an indicative timeline of 4-5 months". Just to say that it might be good to check both, as whichever comes first will enable your wife to work, right?
My husband got his I-765 expedited through the congresswoman in the district of his company's office location) in California, so his has already been approved. Maybe going through a congress person could be an option for you? My husband's work got a lawyer to write the request, and they managed to get it approved within 3 weeks. Combination of great lawyer, his employer (Non-profit) and a congress woman with amazing connections did the trick. Unfortunately, our I-140 at the time wasn't approved yet, or she said mine could have been approved as well.

Good luck!

Timeline

Well something interesting just happened. Previously when I logged into our myUSCIS accounts, it showed the I-485 and I-131 and I-764 all as separate instances, even though everything was filed the same day. Logged in now and I see that I-131 update address reminder, and now the I-131 and I-764 are tied together and listed as concurrent. I wonder if that means they're going to grant the combo, and also if that means it'll be granted soon (because it did not look like this on Wednesday).

update.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

@quinnscribeI really hope so for you! We all need some positive news this holiday season, even if it's someone else's good news 😉

Fingers crossed!

Timeline

Hey everyone, I also am a May 2022 AOS filer. I recently got a RFE (Request for Evidence). I believe that I have all my documents in order. I was wondering if anyone knows if its better to mail the documents or upload through uscis.gov. If upload, should I upload all the documents merged or upload each pdf. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office : Hialeah FL
Date Filed : 2022-05-23
NOA Date : 2022-05-25
RFE(s) : 2022-12-06
Bio. Appt. : 2022-06-22

Employment Authorization Document
Event Date
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2022-06-22
Approved Date : 2022-06-22
Date Card Received : 2022-07-01
Comments : 06/27/2022 - Card Was Produced
Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your EAD was approved in 30 days.
Advance Parole
Event Date
Filing Method :  
Filing Instance : First

On 12/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, quinnscribe said:

Well something interesting just happened. Previously when I logged into our myUSCIS accounts, it showed the I-485 and I-131 and I-764 all as separate instances, even though everything was filed the same day. Logged in now and I see that I-131 update address reminder, and now the I-131 and I-764 are tied together and listed as concurrent. I wonder if that means they're going to grant the combo, and also if that means it'll be granted soon (because it did not look like this on Wednesday).

update.png

I have the same thing now on my account. I am not sure if it means anything, but here’s hoping!

Hi all, filed on May 5 and got I-485 approved yesterday out of the blue. 
My wife has the full timeline on her profile: Gail and Derrick

In short, received a biometrics appointment for June but at the same time my AP application was returned in error. We sent it back with notes and so after my June appointment I had biometrics done again in July separately for AP.

AP got approved on its own soon after that.

AOS and EAD remained in “active review” from June with no further update from USCIS or inquiry from us. Naturally we were frustrated, especially as the average processing time at Nashville for I-485 got increased by a year in the meantime.

However:

AOS went from Review to Approved at some point mid morning on December 19, no interview. I viewed the notification being mailed on my USCIS account, it is a form letter confirming approval and saying I may be called for biometrics but otherwise to wait, unless 90 days have passed without receiving either my card or an appointment. There’s a number to contact in that eventuality.
The EAD application remains in review but obviously is no longer required.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Feeling extremely disheartened as I look things up to find that there's visual evidence of how much is being approved in later ranges than in mine... I'm assuming other May filers are in the 09-16X range with me? It feels completely unfair they're approving some right after biometrics and making others wait 6+ months, I feel like it should be a universal short-term approval for work and travel when you get in on K-1 that can be revoked up if they see trouble - start from assuming they'll be good and take away from fraudsters rather than have to manually ascertain. The red flags would be found in the 485 process then. A man can dream.

ranges.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha,

2 days ago, we got an RFE for medical.  I the letter said they want us to see an approved physician to conduct the examination.  Sounds like they want to make sure we are up to date on all vaccinations.  So we happily made our appointment for Monday the 9th.  Unfortunately, the examination is not covered by insurance and it will cost us $340.  Oh well, cost of marrying a foreigner.

Fast forward 2 days later, we got an email saying our AOS application has been approved!  We are happy, but wondering, why would they RFE us on the medical and still approve our AOS.  So my question is, should we postpone our medical and hope no one knows any better later on?  Perhaps when we get the official approval document, it will have a contingency clause pending medical RFE approval.  Anyone experience this before?

Thanks Mil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Follow up on our AOS application...

we got an email for AOS approval.  still waiting for official mail and i guess the greencard.

so i have a dilemma...do we need to address the RFE for I-693 medical or if we get our greencard before the RFE expiration date, no need to submit form I-693?  i mean, we got our greencard, so why bother?  or do you think they will come after us for failure to address the RFE even after issuing our greencard?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.