Sarge2155

May 2022 - AOS Filers

178 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 5/16/2023 at 8:00 PM, EatBulaga said:

I've only heard of one case where the CBP agent didn't know the procedure to open and inspect the sealed envelope. The K1 called USCIS to inquire what to do with the envelope, and USCIS told them to immediately go back to the airport to drop it off with the CBP.

There are supposed to be other documents inside the sealed envelope besides the medical like police report, etc. so all those are supposed to be with the USCIS already when you file the AOS.

Yes, good thing that you kept the envelope sealed. I read posts that in the near future this passing of the sealed envelope procedure will be updated to electronically transferred.

Wow really? I didn’t realize that, but I’m glad it didn’t cause any huge problems. We just got notice that our case was approved not too long ago so I guess it turned out fine :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Happy to report that my husband’s AOS had been approved! 1 year and 3 days from when we filed…no interview and they never asked us for evidence of a bona fide marriage. 

Edited by MCOBAQ
Typo

6 hours ago, MCOBAQ said:

Happy to report that my husband’s AOS had been approved! 1 year and 3 days from when we filed…no interview and they never asked us for evidence of a bona fide marriage. 

That’s awesome. Congrats! Was it ever sent to your field office or did it get approved from NBC. Also how long have you been married for?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, BI22 said:

That’s awesome. Congrats! Was it ever sent to your field office or did it get approved from NBC. Also how long have you been married for?

Thanks! Yes it did go to our field office - they sent us an RFE in March because some paperwork had gone missing from the file. The approval comes about 4 weeks after we sent in our response directly to the field office. We did a fiancé visa and then AOS, so we we’ve been married a little over a year now. 

1 hour ago, MCOBAQ said:

Thanks! Yes it did go to our field office - they sent us an RFE in March because some paperwork had gone missing from the file. The approval comes about 4 weeks after we sent in our response directly to the field office. We did a fiancé visa and then AOS, so we we’ve been married a little over a year now. 

We also got a request for a marriage cert from orlando (despite sending three in the original package) and I've been waiting since March to hear back. The case went back into review two weeks ago but I'm just impatient 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, sourumeboshi said:

We also got a request for a marriage cert from orlando (despite sending three in the original package) and I've been waiting since March to hear back. The case went back into review two weeks ago but I'm just impatient 

Yikes. I won’t tell you to be patient, because I know I wasn’t! It took nearly 2 weeks for our case to go back into review from when the post office delivered our response, and then another week to get the approval. I bet you hear something soon - good luck!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I-485 approved 7/8/2023 (filed 5/25/2022). No RFE. EAD received Sept. 2022. AP never received. Local field office for I-485 was supposed to be San Francisco. Case was transferred to San Jose in January 2023. Happy to answer any questions. Good luck everyone! 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone! I just logged onto my USCIS account and something's off. There is nothing underneath each case. Anyone else has the same issue?

Screenshot 2023-08-25 114832.jpg

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Hello everyone,

First of all, happy new year!

Not sure if this topic is still active as it seems a lot of people have had their GC approved and issued; congrats to you all.

Unfortunately, we are still waiting and there has been 0 movement on our cases since our I-140 was approved (Oct 2022) and our I-485's were transferred to another office (Nov 2022).

According to the lawyers I should look at the processing times for our field office (Seattle) for an indication, and in December 2023 the time was met for 80% of cases to be completed - just not ours.

In December I reached out to our congresswoman to help with an enquiry and they got back to me within a few days with the answer from USCIS, which was their standard copy/paste response.

In the meantime, someone I know with the same nationality and L1-A starting point, who filed 3 months after us, got their GC within 9 months.

I don't really have a question, just wanted to come here as I am feeling sorry for myself and wonder if we will ever see this GC being approved. I know that 19.5 months doesn't seem long, but it is for someone who is keen to look for another internal job and was told 12 months ago the best thing now is to sit tight, it's been hard to remain patience. 

For those of you in a similar boat, may 2024 bring you all good health and good news from a green card perspective!

C

4 minutes ago, Comlor said:

Hello everyone,

First of all, happy new year!

Not sure if this topic is still active as it seems a lot of people have had their GC approved and issued; congrats to you all.

Unfortunately, we are still waiting and there has been 0 movement on our cases since our I-140 was approved (Oct 2022) and our I-485's were transferred to another office (Nov 2022).

According to the lawyers I should look at the processing times for our field office (Seattle) for an indication, and in December 2023 the time was met for 80% of cases to be completed - just not ours.

In December I reached out to our congresswoman to help with an enquiry and they got back to me within a few days with the answer from USCIS, which was their standard copy/paste response.

In the meantime, someone I know with the same nationality and L1-A starting point, who filed 3 months after us, got their GC within 9 months.

I don't really have a question, just wanted to come here as I am feeling sorry for myself and wonder if we will ever see this GC being approved. I know that 19.5 months doesn't seem long, but it is for someone who is keen to look for another internal job and was told 12 months ago the best thing now is to sit tight, it's been hard to remain patience. 

For those of you in a similar boat, may 2024 bring you all good health and good news from a green card perspective!

C

I’m so sorry to hear this…have you tried reaching out to the Ombudsman? Also you can write to the White House. They are able to reach out to USCIS on your behalf especially if the case has taken too long. Give it a shot and see what happens. Do not lose hope. I wish you all the best. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hello everyone! So last week we received letters from USCIS in the mail, asking for RFE of  medicals. Big hooray! First news from USCIS since Nov 22. We (family of 5) all scrambled and got everything done in 1 week (Flu shots, extra vaccines and lab results) and just sent everything back to the filed office on Saturday. Fingers crossed that it won't be long now.

#hopeful

Edited by Comlor

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Comlor said:

Hello everyone! So last week we received letters from USCIS in the mail, asking for RFE of  medicals. Big hooray! First news from USCIS since Nov 22. We (family of 5) all scrambled and got everything done in 1 week (Flu shots, extra vaccines and lab results) and just sent everything back to the filed office on Saturday. Fingers crossed that it won't be long now.

#hopeful

Hooray! Best of luck to you all.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

• 1 month later...
Timeline

At last! We have finally been approved, just short of 2 years since filing. I logged into my USCIS account yesterday to read that our case was approved (no interview). Also, it now mentions that new cards have been ordered. We are over the moon!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.