Sarge2155

May 2022 - AOS Filers

178 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

PD: 05/23/2022

Biometrics: 06/22/2022

still waiting to hear anything, it just says it's in review. I wish we'd been one of the lucky ones who had the same day approval.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hello fellow May 2022 filers!

My husband came in on a K1 and he is filing for AOS (concurrent I-765 only).

Timeline:

PD: 05/31/2022

Biometrics: 06/30/2022

EAD approval: 06/30/2022

EAD received: 07/11/2022

I-485 still shows that case is being actively reviewed. I was a bit annoying with contacting USCIS agents through Emma by contacting them pre-maturely. I spoke with 3 agents total.

1st agent (sometime in July): told me an "interview was requested and then it was canceled. I am not sure at this time if you will be required to attend an interview. If you are scheduled USCIS will send you an interview notice". Didn't know if that meant the interview as waived?

2nd agent (sometime in August): would not tell me anything beyond something like "an interview has not been scheduled at this time. USCIS will send you an interview notice if they do" even when I asked if they could tell me why the first interview was requested then canceled.

3rd agent (sometime in September): told me they didn't know why the interview request was canceled, but to stop contacting them until the 2nd week of November lol

103 days since the last case update... here's to more waiting!

Edited by violetveela

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

I am new to Visa Journey, so looking for experiences from other May 2022 filers, especially as it seems like there's been some movement as of Oct.

We are a family of 5 from the Netherlands and have been here on a L-1A/ L-2 since 2019.

Here is our overview:
May 23rd: filing of I-140, I-765, I-485, AOS employment-based (L-1A), including medical
June 3rd: RD at Nebraska Service Center
July 11th: biometrics completed
Sept 20th: EAD dependent (husband) approved (expedited through congress representative)
Oct 7th: I-140 approved, PD set to May 23rd
Oct 31st: Case Transferred To Another Office
Nov 1st: Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

My I-765 (EAD) has not been approved yet and case shows the following status: Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

We haven't filed for AP as our L1-A and L-2 are both valid and were told we can travel without being seen as abandoning our AOS application. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 10/11/2022 at 9:26 PM, violetveela said:

Hello fellow May 2022 filers!

My husband came in on a K1 and he is filing for AOS (concurrent I-765 only).

Timeline:

PD: 05/31/2022

Biometrics: 06/30/2022

EAD approval: 06/30/2022

EAD received: 07/11/2022

I-485 still shows that case is being actively reviewed. I was a bit annoying with contacting USCIS agents through Emma by contacting them pre-maturely. I spoke with 3 agents total.

1st agent (sometime in July): told me an "interview was requested and then it was canceled. I am not sure at this time if you will be required to attend an interview. If you are scheduled USCIS will send you an interview notice". Didn't know if that meant the interview as waived?

2nd agent (sometime in August): would not tell me anything beyond something like "an interview has not been scheduled at this time. USCIS will send you an interview notice if they do" even when I asked if they could tell me why the first interview was requested then canceled.

3rd agent (sometime in September): told me they didn't know why the interview request was canceled, but to stop contacting them until the 2nd week of November lol

103 days since the last case update... here's to more waiting!

Update! My husband’s I-485 was approved on 11/2/22 without an interview (I’ve been seeing a lot that interviews have been being waived) and the card was produced today on 11/5/22! Shouldn’t be long now :)

Timeline

Amazing! Congratulations 🎉

On 11/5/2022 at 6:22 PM, violetveela said:

Update! My husband’s I-485 was approved on 11/2/22 without an interview (I’ve been seeing a lot that interviews have been being waived) and the card was produced today on 11/5/22! Shouldn’t be long now :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Our status for EAD just now changed to ‘Card Being Produced’ 🥳 hoping this means good news for more of us May filers!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hardship waiver said:

Congratulations to all of those whose EAD card is being issued. I haven’t heard anything back. My biometrics were automatically reused, so I didn’t have an appointment. Still, sadly, this didn’t shorten the process. Who else is still waiting on their EADs? Leave a comment :)

Ours was sent to Nebraska. I am still waiting on my EAD. My case states "case updated to show fingerprints were taken", which happened on July 11th. Fingers crossed mine will be approved soon. One less thing to worry about. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We called USCIS yesterday as it’s been quite some time and the worker said it was approved just now, as in within minutes of being on the phone with them! Was completely blown away by that coincidence. I asked if that means our interview was skipped. She paused, then said sorry wait a second and put us on hold. After the hold she said it was not approved but “it’s going to the next step”. A big disappointment but we just went back to our well practiced waiting again. At least the next step meant…something?

Then today, just five minutes ago it went to case approved!!! Waiting for the sweet sweet card to be produced and shipped and then happy to be done with this process at least until the lifting of restrictions. 

Just curious what others put in their timeline for their AP and EAD sections if you jump right to the AOS and green card being approved first? Just the same approved date as your AOS?

15 minutes ago, Reikan said:

We called USCIS yesterday as it’s been quite some time and the worker said it was approved just now, as in within minutes of being on the phone with them! Was completely blown away by that coincidence. I asked if that means our interview was skipped. She paused, then said sorry wait a second and put us on hold. After the hold she said it was not approved but “it’s going to the next step”. A big disappointment but we just went back to our well practiced waiting again. At least the next step meant…something?

Then today, just five minutes ago it went to case approved!!! Waiting for the sweet sweet card to be produced and shipped and then happy to be done with this process at least until the lifting of restrictions. 

Just curious what others put in their timeline for their AP and EAD sections if you jump right to the AOS and green card being approved first? Just the same approved date as your AOS?

Glad to hear that things are moving for you :) I am just curious to know why you called USCIS. Was it to say that you haven’t seen any action on your case? T

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hardship waiver said:

Glad to hear that things are moving for you :) I am just curious to know why you called USCIS. Was it to say that you haven’t seen any action on your case? T

Yes exactly. Just had to tell the robot we lost our case number (we didn’t) to get to a human and then just asked about the status once we got one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.