Sarge2155

May 2022 - AOS Filers

178 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I would call uscis today and ask this question. Congratulations on your approval! What a great start of 2023! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Received our NOA for AOS, in the mail this weekend.

Still have not decided what we are gonna due with our medical RFE, we have a couple of months wait time till due, so we are gonna play it by ear.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Great to see some of the May filers are getting their I-485 approved, congrats to all so far. Did you see the status change online or did you get an e-mail? 

I a masking because when our I-140 was approved, I just saw it when I checked my cases, I didn't receive an email about it. After a week or so I did however, receive the decision by snail mail too. 

Also, what was the status of your case before it changed to approve? 

Does it need to be "under review" first?. Thank you for any insights you can provide, appreciate it! 

Caroline 

Timeline
17 hours ago, SandyR said:

did you try calling and asking about the medical RFE?  

we are gonna wait a month to see what happens on the uscis website, basically to see if our status changes to 'card printed' or if we get a request for interview.

1 hour ago, Hardship waiver said:

I was checking my online account and noticed that the EAD and Advance Parol cases were not there anymore. Has this happened to anyone? I called uscis but they will get back to me in a week or so. Thank you!

Can you re-add your Receipt numbers to track? Can you track your case with the Receipt numbers?

Timeline

Our card was picked up by USPS and tracking number provided.

I guess we are not doing the medical RFE🤣

So, I assume the interview got waived too?  Or is it normal to do the interview after receiving the greencard?

Edited by Milmauka

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Update: no action on EAD/AP, but we got the request for the I-693 medical form today. It wants a sealed copy of one. But he did the K-1 exam overseas already and got this handled, AND we were told there's an extended validity due to processing time.

1 hour ago, quinnscribe said:

Update: no action on EAD/AP, but we got the request for the I-693 medical form today. It wants a sealed copy of one. But he did the K-1 exam overseas already and got this handled, AND we were told there's an extended validity due to processing time.

Consider yourself lucky that USCIS has at least seen your I-485.

The I-693 RFE seems to be the fast track to the AOS GC nowadays so I would pay whatever for the Civil Surgeon as soon as possible and not ask questions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, quinnscribe said:

did you get a notice prior to the RFE asking you to get medical?  We got a notice saying get the 693 but hold it for either interview or RFE.  

and, as recommended, get it done and hopefully you are on the way to a green card.  Note that everyone charges different prices for the 693 medical.  I called about 6 places and picked the cheapest.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, SandyR said:

did you get a notice prior to the RFE asking you to get medical?  We got a notice saying get the 693 but hold it for either interview or RFE.  

and, as recommended, get it done and hopefully you are on the way to a green card.  Note that everyone charges different prices for the 693 medical.  I called about 6 places and picked the cheapest.

We didn't get a notice before, just a "please send us this". What did your pre-notice look like?

There's only 1 in range of us so we have one choice, unless we feel like taking a train or bus for a couple hours. (Which we would do for the interview in Buffalo but would be expensive and effortful given an overnight stay in a hotel, and that pricing difference would outweigh savings most likely.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
33 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

We didn't get a notice before, just a "please send us this". What did your pre-notice look like?

There's only 1 in range of us so we have one choice, unless we feel like taking a train or bus for a couple hours. (Which we would do for the interview in Buffalo but would be expensive and effortful given an overnight stay in a hotel, and that pricing difference would outweigh savings most likely.)

attached is the notice we received.  so we got the exam and are just sitting on it.  hopefully not for too long!

IMG_2112.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.