podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,592 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Angel678 said:

I don't have w2 or tax return from 2023 or previous years. Have recently started working. Maybe if I submit the AOS of my dad and the joint sponsor and have my husband take my new job letter along for interview.

Yes employer letter for verification and recent paystubs too when is your interview do it accordingly he can tell Co that my wife just started a job and here is her verification with updated AOS of your dad.

Timeline
7 hours ago, podeena said:

@Kuchiki hope and pray they will keep this speed and u will get your IL soon too.🙏🏽

Thank you! Couple of more months I guess. Been waiting since 2019 for this journey to come to an end. It's been a long and painful one not gonna lie. 

Alright everyone wish my wife luck on Wednesday for her interview! And hopefully she will be able to get urdu translation as well. 

@podeena wish you guys best of luck and  yeah let us know how the immigration process goes.

@Kuchiki yes everyone here has waiting very long time and painful journey and hopefully you get yours within a month or two if they go by this speed. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Thank you! Couple of more months I guess. Been waiting since 2019 for this journey to come to an end. It's been a long and painful one not gonna lie. 

@Kuchiki I can totally relate your situation bcuz we were in same situation since 2019 and I was following you since then I can tell you in this painful immigration journey there was some times even we were thinking of finishing this long distance relationship but our love and faith keep us together, I'm sure this painful journey will end in happy ending soon then u don't remember this pain our all prayers are for you guys you will IA get IL sooner than expected and get together. Ameen 🙏🏽 

Timeline
3 hours ago, podeena said:

@Kuchiki I can totally relate your situation bcuz we were in same situation since 2019 and I was following you since then I can tell you in this painful immigration journey there was some times even we were thinking of finishing this long distance relationship but our love and faith keep us together, I'm sure this painful journey will end in happy ending soon then u don't remember this pain our all prayers are for you guys you will IA get IL sooner than expected and get together. Ameen 🙏🏽 

So relatable. Ameen inshALLAH and thank you for the kind words. Appreciate it. 

Timeline

Hey all you guys whose interview is coming this month Good luck to all of you and  also prayers for those who are waiting for IL please share your experience for the rest of members here thx.🙏🏽

Edited by podeena

Timeline

@Machinecorpse62 Good luck to your wife on her interview, I'd recommend going to where the visa shuttle is the day before just get used to the location and just a heads up a line starts forming ~5 am in the parking lot so be sure to get there early. Also not sure if this was discussed please make sure your wife has a picture without any headscarf (dupatta) because a lot of folks my wife told me got theirs rejected (even with a signed statement saying they wear a headscarf), unless it's a proper hijab and is shown through out all of the documents. And not to overwhelm you here's some questions (has some duplicates so ignore them) that my wife and I have gathered over the past few months from different threads: 

Probable Questions at Interview:

- Who is calling you there?  
- Address of my spouse?   
- Siblings of your spouse? 
- Who sponsored your wife?
- When did you get married?  
-How long you have been married? 
- Where did you get married? 
- Was your marriage arranged or love?  
- How many guests invited at wedding?
- Are you guys related?  
- How did you guys meet? 
- What does she do for living? 
- Is this her permenant/full time job? 
- What does she do in her current job? 
-when did she graduated ? 
- Where does she work ?  
- Whom does she live with?  
- What do you do for living? 
- Tell me about your education? 
- What will you do in the US? 
- When was the last time she visited you?  
-where is your wife now ? 
- Is it your first marriage?  
- Do you both have any children? 
-when was your son born ?  
-which hospital he was born at ? 
- Who is your joint sponsor? 
- What does your Joint Sponsor do?
- Whats your wife’s age?  
- Whats her date of birth?  
-what kind of car your wife drives?
- Do you have any travel history?  
- When did your wife arrive in the US for the first time & when?  
- Where did she land for the first time?   
- When did she become a US Citizen?  
- Places she has lived before the present one?  
-How many times she have visited you till now ?

1. Who is calling you?
2. What's his name?
3. In which states he live?
4.She asked me you live here and he lives in USA how you Guys met( I told her we’re first cousins then she checked the state and told me your marriage is legal where your husband lives but if you guys Wants to change the state in future you have to be careful. 
5. How many times he visited Pakistan( he didn’t came to Pakistan after marriage so I told her I went to turkey with him in Nov 2022 with MIl and FIl) 
6. She asked why he doesn’t visit you in Pakistan 
7. How many days you spent in turkey 
8. Asked my how many cities we visited together I told her and she also loved Cappadocia and Bursa. 
9. From his family who came to attend the wedding 
10. How many people lives at their house 
11. Who arranged this marriage 
12. Who arranged this marriage?
13. How’s my MIL with me 
14. How my Husband’s Father went to USA 
15. How my husband went to USA 
16. Since when he’s living in USA 
17. What’s my husband Job explain it to me 
18. Is he good at his job 
19. How we communicate with each other 
20. How long we’ve been married 
21. Show me your wedding photos and gave compliment that your wedding pictures are Stunning 
22. How many hours took me to get ready for the wedding 
23. I’ve any other travel history other then turkey
24. Did he came for marriage 
25. How much time before we start talking to each other before the marriage
26. Did this marriage was fixed since the childhood or I happens to know it after grown up
27. How you guys managed your relationship like time difference is a lot 
28. How we communicate 
29. For how long we communicate whenever we talk

These are just common questions that can be asked by the CO but prepare accordingly to your case you should know all the details as they just want to see if you know anything or not. Be confident at the interview don't be nervous everything will be fine inshallah. 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, VisaNoob said:

@Machinecorpse62 Good luck to your wife on her interview, I'd recommend going to where the visa shuttle is the day before just get used to the location and just a heads up a line starts forming ~5 am in the parking lot so be sure to get there early. Also not sure if this was discussed please make sure your wife has a picture without any headscarf (dupatta) because a lot of folks my wife told me got theirs rejected (even with a signed statement saying they wear a headscarf), unless it's a proper hijab and is shown through out all of the documents. And not to overwhelm you here's some questions (has some duplicates so ignore them) that my wife and I have gathered over the past few months from different threads: 

Probable Questions at Interview:

- Who is calling you there?  
- Address of my spouse?   
- Siblings of your spouse? 
- Who sponsored your wife?
- When did you get married?  
-How long you have been married? 
- Where did you get married? 
- Was your marriage arranged or love?  
- How many guests invited at wedding?
- Are you guys related?  
- How did you guys meet? 
- What does she do for living? 
- Is this her permenant/full time job? 
- What does she do in her current job? 
-when did she graduated ? 
- Where does she work ?  
- Whom does she live with?  
- What do you do for living? 
- Tell me about your education? 
- What will you do in the US? 
- When was the last time she visited you?  
-where is your wife now ? 
- Is it your first marriage?  
- Do you both have any children? 
-when was your son born ?  
-which hospital he was born at ? 
- Who is your joint sponsor? 
- What does your Joint Sponsor do?
- Whats your wife’s age?  
- Whats her date of birth?  
-what kind of car your wife drives?
- Do you have any travel history?  
- When did your wife arrive in the US for the first time & when?  
- Where did she land for the first time?   
- When did she become a US Citizen?  
- Places she has lived before the present one?  
-How many times she have visited you till now ?

1. Who is calling you?
2. What's his name?
3. In which states he live?
4.She asked me you live here and he lives in USA how you Guys met( I told her we’re first cousins then she checked the state and told me your marriage is legal where your husband lives but if you guys Wants to change the state in future you have to be careful. 
5. How many times he visited Pakistan( he didn’t came to Pakistan after marriage so I told her I went to turkey with him in Nov 2022 with MIl and FIl) 
6. She asked why he doesn’t visit you in Pakistan 
7. How many days you spent in turkey 
8. Asked my how many cities we visited together I told her and she also loved Cappadocia and Bursa. 
9. From his family who came to attend the wedding 
10. How many people lives at their house 
11. Who arranged this marriage 
12. Who arranged this marriage?
13. How’s my MIL with me 
14. How my Husband’s Father went to USA 
15. How my husband went to USA 
16. Since when he’s living in USA 
17. What’s my husband Job explain it to me 
18. Is he good at his job 
19. How we communicate with each other 
20. How long we’ve been married 
21. Show me your wedding photos and gave compliment that your wedding pictures are Stunning 
22. How many hours took me to get ready for the wedding 
23. I’ve any other travel history other then turkey
24. Did he came for marriage 
25. How much time before we start talking to each other before the marriage
26. Did this marriage was fixed since the childhood or I happens to know it after grown up
27. How you guys managed your relationship like time difference is a lot 
28. How we communicate 
29. For how long we communicate whenever we talk

These are just common questions that can be asked by the CO but prepare accordingly to your case you should know all the details as they just want to see if you know anything or not. Be confident at the interview don't be nervous everything will be fine inshallah. 

I red all of your post you gave useful information regarding interview preparation but i have some objections about some of your comments relating Hijab, as far as my knowledge & experience is, Embassy personnel reject the picture who are modified Like applying some cosmetics filter on face through some studio photo editing softwares but they can’t object on a photo who is proper in hijaab and you have hijab statement unless it is edited as I mentioned earlier.

Advising people not to wear hijab just to come to USA is against our religion.

Just for the Information,

These Americans people appreciate who follows their own cultures.

Thanks

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

@VisaNoob why are they not allowing hijab or burka in the embassy?? Usually my wife does wear it when she outside the home. Also you think she will be able to get translation because she does not speak English. So hopefully there will be translation available. Also we have her interview prepared already 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Loading.... said:

I red all of your post you gave useful information regarding interview preparation but i have some objections about some of your comments relating Hijab, as far as my knowledge & experience is, Embassy personnel reject the picture who are modified Like applying some cosmetics filter on face through some studio photo editing softwares but they can’t object on a photo who is proper in hijaab and you have hijab statement unless it is edited as I mentioned earlier.

Advising people not to wear hijab just to come to USA is against our religion.

Just for the Information,

These Americans people appreciate who follows their own cultures.

Thanks

@Loading.... Just to for the record I by no means say take off your hijab for something as little as visa, my commentary was if you do have one just be prepared for it in regards to your visa 2x2 photograph (apologies if it came out the wrong way). A proper hijab is fine as long as the hairline is showing along with a paper stating that you are wearing it for religious purposes (https://ustraveldocs.com/id/id-niv-photoinfo.asp#:~:text=For applicants who wear a,or clothing obscuring the face.&text=Your photo must be square,the same as its width.) what's not fine is if you have a loosely put on dupatta (as my wife did) that's what will get rejected. I dont have a pic but just image putting on a scarf over your head lol. 

@Machinecorpse62 my comment was in regards to the 2x2 photograph. Hijab is fine, I have no idea about burkha I think it's probably okay to enter the embassy, but the CO will probably ask to verify the identity. Also pretty sure a burkha will not work for the passport picture (if it did super easy to scam the entire process). 

@podeena @Machinecorpse62 @VisaNoob question guy. I did afadavit of support (i864) for my wife case at NVC (submitted 2020 IRS trasncripts) and it was approved. However now i have a child so my income is not enough for both of them. So i will need a joint sponsor, my sister will help me in this and her income is good so no issue. But the question is since my sister (joint sponsor) is married and filed jointly with her husband i have heard that her husband needs to fill out i864A, can you guys confirm this if my sisters husband needs to fill out form i864A or any other document. Please share your experience if you had same issue as me, thank you. My wifes interview is next month so we are just getting ready.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zs10102 said:

@podeena @Machinecorpse62 @VisaNoob question guy. I did afadavit of support (i864) for my wife case at NVC (submitted 2020 IRS trasncripts) and it was approved. However now i have a child so my income is not enough for both of them. So i will need a joint sponsor, my sister will help me in this and her income is good so no issue. But the question is since my sister (joint sponsor) is married and filed jointly with her husband i have heard that her husband needs to fill out i864A, can you guys confirm this if my sisters husband needs to fill out form i864A or any other document. Please share your experience if you had same issue as me, thank you. My wifes interview is next month so we are just getting ready.

@Zs10102 from my understanding it should be the person that actually made the income. If your sister has some sort of income (e.g. W2, self employed, etc.). If your sister does not make any money it will show on the 1040 as 0 so the sponsor should be her husband in this case, but if she does and it passes the income threshold It should be fine. 

21 minutes ago, VisaNoob said:

@Zs10102 from my understanding it should be the person that actually made the income. If your sister has some sort of income (e.g. W2, self employed, etc.). If your sister does not make any money it will show on the 1040 as 0 so the sponsor should be her husband in this case, but if she does and it passes the income threshold It should be fine. 

Yes but im asking if my sister who is my  joint sponsor does her husband need to fill form i864A and i believe yes he does because they filed taxes together. A expert on this site just confirmed this with me. Thanks for the help brother.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.