Jotter

My fiancee can't remember every job she's had in the last 5 years

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My fiancee (who is a US citizen) and I are filing the I-129F form but we're stuck on the part where she is supposed to fill out her employment history for the last 5 years. She has had 1 job for the past year but prior to this job, she had a bunch of short term jobs where she stayed for a few weeks-months. The problem is, she doesn’t remember every place she has worked at nor does she remember the exact dates.

How important is this? Does the employment history have to be 100% correct or is it okay if she misses to list a couple of short term jobs? It was all warehouse jobs or fast food jobs btw.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

TheWorkNumber can likely provide her employment history. It knows mine all the way back to the mid 1990s. 

Also most banks keep 7 years of records. She can look at her bank deposits.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
27 minutes ago, MarJhi said:

Uh....did your fiance not file taxes in that 5 years? Seems like she could just pull up her tax records (W2's) and get that job information off of there. If she didn't file taxes, then that's a whole other set of problems. 

Yes she did, we submitted a request for social earnings information instead (3 months ago) and we're still waiting to hear back, so I was mainly just asking in case a detailed record wasn't needed so we could start filing for the k1 now. But I guess we'll just keep waiting, since it seems like the processing time for getting the tax records could be up to 75 days?

14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

TheWorkNumber can likely provide her employment history. It knows mine all the way back to the mid 1990s. 

Also most banks keep 7 years of records. She can look at her bank deposits.  

Thanks for the suggestion, will definitely look into that!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jotter said:

Yes she did, we submitted a request for social earnings information instead (3 months ago) and we're still waiting to hear back..... But I guess we'll just keep waiting, since it seems like the processing time for getting the tax records could be up to 75 days?

Well if she filed taxes whether by herself or used a service like HR Block she should have copies of those records from the tax preparer or from herself. You don't need to go through the government and wait 75 days to look at her tax records, just get the copy from whoever prepared them. Find out who prepared her taxes, tell her to send them an email or call them and she can get a copy right away. If she did it online by herself,  then she  can just sign in and download a copy in seconds.

you could also get a "wage & income transcript" from the IRS site. this will show all employers by year but does not provide dates.

theworknumber would be better with dates else you can approximate the dates and add a comment in the comments section

On the IRS website where you can get your return transcript also

3 hours ago, Jotter said:

How important is this? Does the employment history have to be 100% correct or is it okay if she misses to list a couple of short term jobs? It was all warehouse jobs or fast food jobs btw.

Absolutely no need to delay. List the period prior to current job as follows:  Name of employer: Various short term . Address : Str unknown, City /State . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 hours ago, Family said:

Absolutely no need to delay. List the period prior to current job as follows:  Name of employer: Various short term . Address : Str unknown, City /State . 

Have you seen applications approved that were this vague? Not arguing, just genuinely curious

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.