Richard2022

Your urgent comments please! (merged)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Can a friend who make $50,000 and above annually on his federal income taxe return with two dependants i.e his wife and step daughter stand a chance to sponsor an immigrant visa applicant? He want to stand as a joint sponsor to an immigrant visa applicant because the principal immigrant visa applicant wife didn't make enough to sponsor her husband..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Dozie said:

Can a friend who make $50,000 and above annually on his federal income taxe return with two dependants i.e his wife and step daughter stand a chance to sponsor an immigrant visa applicant? He want to stand as a joint sponsor to an immigrant visa applicant because the principal immigrant visa applicant wife didn't make enough to sponsor her husband..

Moved to NVC forum as sponsorship is part of the NVC process   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes, they make more than enough for a household of 4

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

If a US citizen who's married, filed taxes jointly with his wife wants to stand as a joint sponsor to an immigrant visa applicant, after filling out I864 form, will his wife fill out I864EZ form? since his is using their joint tax return documents to sponsor an immigrant visa applicant.

39 minutes ago, Dozie said:

If a US citizen who's married, filed taxes jointly with his wife wants to stand as a joint sponsor to an immigrant visa applicant, after filling out I864 form, will his wife fill out I864EZ form? since his is using their joint tax return documents to sponsor an immigrant visa applicant.

I-864EZ 

You may use Form I-864EZ if ALL the following conditions apply: 1. You are the person who filed or is filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for a relative being sponsored; 2. The relative you are sponsoring is the only person listed on Form I-130; and 3. The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on one or more Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-2s provided by your employers or former employers.

Is this related to your previous questions?

Who is the petitioner is it the wife or the husband in your above question? 

Or is the US citizen in this latest question a joint sponsor because your wife (your friend's wife???) doesn't make enough money. 

Is this also related to the RFE for 2020 tax transcripts? You should still obtain that paperwork even if the petitioner (wife) did not make enough money last year. 

Try to keep all your questions in one thread. These short questions do not give the entire story. 

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please start only one thread for the same or related topic.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Ontarkie changed the title to Your urgent comments please! (merged)
Timeline
On 4/24/2022 at 5:31 PM, Lil bear said:

Moved to NVC forum as sponsorship is part of the NVC process   

On 4/24/2022 at 5:25 PM, Timona said:

Yes

On 4/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, etrangais said:

yes, they make more than enough for a household of 4

1 hour ago, ROK2USA said:

I-864EZ 

You may use Form I-864EZ if ALL the following conditions apply: 1. You are the person who filed or is filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for a relative being sponsored; 2. The relative you are sponsoring is the only person listed on Form I-130; and 3. The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on one or more Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-2s provided by your employers or former employers.

Is this related to your previous questions?

Who is the petitioner is it the wife or the husband in your above question? 

Or is the US citizen in this latest question a joint sponsor because your wife (your friend's wife???) doesn't make enough money. 

Is this also related to the RFE for 2020 tax transcripts? You should still obtain that paperwork even if the petitioner (wife) did not make enough money last year. 

Try to keep all your questions in one thread. These short questions do not give the entire story. 

The US citizen is a joint sponsor. I would like to know after filling out form I864, will his wife fill out form I864EZ if the husband ( the joint sponsor) uses their joint tax return to sponsor an immigrant visa applicant whose wife ( the petitioner) didn't make enough money. 

1 hour ago, Dozie said:

The US citizen is a joint sponsor. I would like to know after filling out form I864, will his wife fill out form I864EZ if the husband ( the joint sponsor) uses their joint tax return to sponsor an immigrant visa applicant whose wife ( the petitioner) didn't make enough money. 

Only the petitioner is allowed to fill out the I-864EZ.

Joint sponsors and household members should fill out the I-864 and I-864a (if household member wants their income included)

If the joint sponsor is not using the wife's income to qualify. The wife does not have to complete any forms. 

The joint sponsor should include all their W2s and 1099s to show how much they earn/they earn enough. 

You should send the joint sponsor these two links and tell them to read the instructions carefully. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

and have them complete this quiz to figure out what supporting documentation they should include. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/financial-evidence-assistant.html.html

And remember. Your friend received an RFE for the wife's taxes so you should get make sure to submit that paperwork when you send in the joint sponsor information. 

ETA: I would request your friend and/or his wife join the site so they can ask questions. This way nothing is lost when you pass on the message. 

Edited by ROK2USA

Timeline
4 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

Joint sponsors and household members should fill out the I-864 and I-864a (if household member wants their income included)

If the joint sponsor is not using the wife's income to qualify. The wife does not have to complete any forms. 

The joint sponsor should include all their W2s and 1099s to show how much they earn/they earn enough. 

You should send the joint sponsor these two links and tell them to read the instructions carefully. 

and have them complete this quiz to figure out what supporting documentation they should include. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/financial-evidence-assistant.html.html

And remember. Your friend received an RFE for the wife's taxes so you should get make sure to submit that paperwork when you send in the joint sponsor information. 

ETA: I would request your friend and/or his wife join the site so they can ask questions. This way nothing is lost when you pass on the message. 

Ok... thanks so much 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

If the joint sponsor files the taxes, married files jointly with the wife, would we still need to provide i-864a for the wife? wife does not earn anything. joint sponsor earns enough income to qualify. 

4 hours ago, waterlooengineer said:

If the joint sponsor files the taxes, married files jointly with the wife, would we still need to provide i-864a for the wife? wife does not earn anything. joint sponsor earns enough income to qualify. 

I-864a is only filed if wife wants her income included. 

Instructions for I-864 are there but sometimes hard to see 😅

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864ainstr.pdf

Timeline
11 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

I-864a is only filed if wife wants her income included. 

Instructions for I-864 are there but sometimes hard to see 😅

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864ainstr.pdf

Alright got it thanks. I read a few comments here on the forum that the joint sponsor's spouse would have to fill in the i-864a as well regardless.

so just to confirm again.

only the joint sponsor needs to file the i864 even though joint sponsor files taxes married files jointly with the spouse. the spouse of the joint sponsor is a stay at home wife and does not earn any income. 

income qualification will be qualified only on the basis of joint sponsor alone.

Just now, waterlooengineer said:

Alright got it thanks. I read a few comments here on the forum that the joint sponsor's spouse would have to fill in the i-864a as well regardless.

so just to confirm again.

only the joint sponsor needs to file the i864 even though joint sponsor files taxes married files jointly with the spouse. the spouse of the joint sponsor is a stay at home wife and does not earn any income. 

income qualification will be qualified only on the basis of joint sponsor alone.

That's how I understand it...

I am so so WORRIED about this NVC stage. I've been reading and reading issues and a friend has had two separate 3 months apart RFE's because they live overseas and have a joint sponsor who is married. 

Make sure the joint sponsor uploads W2s/1099s and I think proof of income? 

Really wish they gave us a bullet point list of what to provide. 

OR told people UPLOAD EVERYTHING and if you don't have it/ don't have to submit it WRITE A LETTER 😅

Timeline
2 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

That's how I understand it...

I am so so WORRIED about this NVC stage. I've been reading and reading issues and a friend has had two separate 3 months apart RFE's because they live overseas and have a joint sponsor who is married. 

Make sure the joint sponsor uploads W2s/1099s and I think proof of income? 

Really wish they gave us a bullet point list of what to provide. 

OR told people UPLOAD EVERYTHING and if you don't have it/ don't have to submit it WRITE A LETTER 😅

i know the AOS part is stressing me out too. 

Any expert members that can confirm if joint sponsor's spouse need to file i864A if the spouse income is not being used to qualify.

@pushbrksir? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.