SiameseCatLover

Re-establishing domicile(merged)

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

What sort of plans have you made to relocate to the US? Did you write a letter explaining your situation? Some members have been able to overcome the 221G domicile issue with documentation of searching for a rental or submitting a letter written by family member/friend inviting them to stay at their residence while they search for a new home. They've also overcome the issue by submitting proof of job searches. 

You might be able to get your husband's visa approved without moving to the US before him. 

The easiest thing to do would be to move before him and stay in the US. But, you can also try to secure housing while you are still living together and not have to move back before him. 

Several correct maybes in there.  Safe bet is to move back, lease something, and stay until he has his visa.  Flying back to make the trip WITH him would be AFTER visa issue.  No problem there.  She really CAN try all those any of the other possible approaches, but if they fail, then what???

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

4 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

What sort of plans have you made to relocate to the US? Did you write a letter explaining your situation? Some members have been able to overcome the 221G domicile issue with documentation of searching for a rental or submitting a letter written by family member/friend inviting them to stay at their residence while they search for a new home. They've also overcome the issue by submitting proof of job searches. 

You might be able to get your husband's visa approved without moving to the US before him. 

The easiest thing to do would be to move before him and stay in the US. But, you can also try to secure housing while you are still living together and not have to move back before him. 

4 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

Thank you for the suggestion! I thought about this, but I am scared that it won’t be enough.

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Several correct maybes in there.  Safe bet is to move back, lease something, and stay until he has his visa.  Flying back to make the trip WITH him would be AFTER visa issue.  No problem there.  She really CAN try all those any of the other possible approaches, but if they fail, then what???

Yes, I agree and this was precisely what I am thinking of doing.

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

This is why I first asked where the OP interviewed at... 

Here in Korea visa can be issued after 2-3 days with proof of domicile evidence:

Read Mr Genius's "Our Story"

https://www.visajourney.com/profile/311123-mr-genuis/

First interview was 2019-03-26

Second interview 2019-03-29

Visa Received 2019-04-01

US Entry 2019-04-02

Unfortunately not a lot of reviews coming out of Macedonia so we don't know what 221G timelines are... 

Edited by Kor2USA

3 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

This is why I first asked where the OP interviewed at... 

Here in Korea visa can be issued after 2-3 days with proof of domicile evidence:

Read Mr Genius's "Our Story"

https://www.visajourney.com/profile/311123-mr-genuis/

First interview was 2019-03-26

Second interview 2019-03-29

Visa Received 2019-04-01

US Entry 2019-04-02

Unfortunately not a lot of reviews coming out of Macedonia so we don't know what 221G timelines are... 

Yes, unfortunately not a lot of reviews from here…still, thank you very much! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have decided to go to the USA and do all these things.

I have another question unrelated to this. They kept my husband’s passport at the Embassy. Can he request to get it back or does it have to stay until we send the additional documents?

Hello everyone!

I am a US citizen and my husband went to his visa interview in the US Embassy and got denied because he didn’t have enough proof of my US domicile.

I will go to the US to establish residence and get proof of domicile, but before I go, we would like to take a short vacation to a country where he would need his passport. Will we be able to do that? 

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, SiameseCatLover said:

Hello everyone!

I am a US citizen and my husband went to his visa interview in the US Embassy and got denied because he didn’t have enough proof of my US domicile.

I will go to the US to establish residence and get proof of domicile, but before I go, we would like to take a short vacation to a country where he would need his passport. Will we be able to do that? 

Thank you!

So his passport is still with the embassy?

Was he actually denied or did he get an RFE for you to provide more evidence of domicile?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
2 hours ago, SiameseCatLover said:

Hello everyone!

Thank you!

What kind of proof did you submit if you don’t mind me asking 

• Ontarkie changed the title to Re-establishing domicile(merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

On 4/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, MMDG said:

What kind of proof did you submit if you don’t mind me asking 

I had a bank account statement, voting record from voting abroad and a passed exam to further my education 

On 4/30/2022 at 12:08 PM, Mike E said:

So his passport is still with the embassy?

Was he actually denied or did he get an RFE for you to provide more evidence of domicile?

Yes, his passport is still with the Embassy and he got an RFE and I have to provide more evidence of domicile which I am going to do in a few weeks by going to the US and getting proof, but before I go, we wanted to take a short vacation and I was wondering if that’s something we can do

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
41 minutes ago, SiameseCatLover said:

Yes, his passport is still with the Embassy and he got an RFE and I have to provide more evidence of domicile which I am going to do in a few weeks by going to the US and getting proof,

So he wasn’t denied.  

41 minutes ago, SiameseCatLover said:

but before I go, we wanted to take a short vacation and I was wondering if that’s something we can do

Out of sight out of mind. Once his passport is out of the possession of the embassy, don’t be surprised if it is months or more than a year before they ask for it back.  

This close to the finish line, I think you should take the next flight to the USA establish domicile ASAP.  

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

So he wasn’t denied.  

Out of sight out of mind. Once his passport is out of the possession of the embassy, don’t be surprised if it is months or more than a year before they ask for it back.  

This close to the finish line, I think you should take the next flight to the USA establish domicile ASAP.  

Yes, I see. I will leave it be then.

I have a plane ticket to the USA for next week and I am getting that done ASAP.

Thank you! 

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.