mhan27

Interview scheduled but at a different city..

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I live in Atlanta but my interview has been scheduled at Montgomery, Alabama, which is about 2.5 hrs away.  I just had a newborn so I cannot be away from home that long and I am not sure if I can leave my two kids at home and arrange childcare. Is there anyway to reschedule to Atlanta office even if I have to wait months? 

1 hour ago, mhan27 said:

I live in Atlanta but my interview has been scheduled at Montgomery, Alabama, which is about 2.5 hrs away.  I just had a newborn so I cannot be away from home that long and I am not sure if I can leave my two kids at home and arrange childcare. Is there anyway to reschedule to Atlanta office even if I have to wait months? 

You can but it’s a gamble. Not because of waiting in months but I read some people got issue when they want to reschedule and move to different FO end up their case being “closed” because USCIS and the field office is lacking of communication and they “think” you are no show. Even though you already talk with an agent 

my suggestion is find nanny, family who can help you with the kids 

15 hours ago, mhan27 said:

live in Atlanta but my interview has been scheduled at Montgomery, Alabama, which is about 2.5 hrs away.  I just had a newborn so I cannot be away from home that long and I am not sure if I can leave my two kids at home and arrange childcare. Is there anyway to reschedule to Atlanta office even if I have to wait months? 

Yes you can request change. Write a letter to N-400 Supervisor, Montgomery address of Field Office on your Interview Notice , example “ Request to Reschedule/ Transfer N-400 Interview  “ . State your reasons ( as in your post..newborn and health/safety concerns and unavailable child care  for other children during Pandemic ). Mail it by certified mail along w copy of your interview letter. You will be fine..just wait a bit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 4/2/2022 at 7:09 AM, mhan27 said:

Believe me, it’s very dangerous to reschedule, this could be what you’ve been waiting for. Your situation is understandable but don’t miss it. Try to go as @misscloud suggested or prepare and go with your kids. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If it were me, I'd find any way possible to make this date work.  I haven't heard good things about rescheduling. 

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/2/2022 at 7:09 AM, mhan27 said:

I am based in Orlando, but I was scheduled for interview in West Palm Beach which almost 3 hours away. The officer was saying they are helping out Orlando and does this to spread out the load. I would attend, even if you get rescheduled, it's not a guarantee that you will be interviewed in Atlanta.

10/26/2017: Priority Date - AOS

11/29/2017: Biometrics Appointment

12/21/2017: EAD/AP Approval in 56 Days

12/18/2018: Interview Day | Approved on the Spot

12/22/2018: Received Green Card (10 Years)

N-400 Application (Orlando)

09/20/2021 - Early Filing Online (3 year -married to US Citizen)

09/20/2021 - Received NOA & status changed to "Case being actively reviewed" & Biometric Reuse

03/31/2022 - Interview in West Palm Beach Fl

- Recommended for Approval & Oath Ceremony will be scheduled notice (My application includes request for name change)

06/16/2022 - Judicial Naturalization Ceremony 

My daughter applied for citizenship just over a week ahead of me prior to Covid, and had my biometrics done prior to shutdown. I had my interview rescheduled to Montgomery (I live in Columbus) and had my oath ceremony in August 2020. My daughter’s file stayed in ATL (she lives there). It took a couple of months after I had my citizenship for her to even hear anything about an interview. I’m assuming that they are even more backed up now, if they’re scheduling local ATL people for Montgomery. 

On 4/4/2022 at 11:10 AM, shakeyy said:

I am based in Orlando, but I was scheduled for interview in West Palm Beach which almost 3 hours away. The officer was saying they are helping out Orlando and does this to spread out the load. I would attend, even if you get rescheduled, it's not a guarantee that you will be interviewed in Atlanta.

Please don't reschedule your Citizenship interview. By the way I live here in Gadsden, Alabama. I had my interview done on March, 29, 2022. Guess what I had my Oath ceremony that same day at the USCIS Montgomery Service center.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.