Sabela

Is printing your I-130 acceptable as evidence of bona fide marriage at interview?

23 posts in this topic

Hi, probably a silly question, but I cannot find the answer in the forums. I am preparing documentation for the visa interview -specifically: "evidence of a bona fide marriage".  We submitted 8 PDF documents in our I-130 as proof of the relationship, as follows:

1. Proof of On-going Relationship 1
  2. Proof of On-going Relationship 2
  3. Proof of On-going Relationship 3
  4. Our most recent visit together
  5. Proof of On-Going Communication
  6. Social Media Records
  7. Wedding Day
  8. Evidence of Relationship - Miscellaneous

Will printing ALL (or some) of these be okay (they are dated and tagged, like a digital scrapbook) for visa interview?  Or is it better to print rectangular, regular photos of us through the years? I was thinking about "traditional pictures" for our most recent communications to prove "ongoing relationship up to now" while we wait for our visa (FaceTime screenshots and the like). Thanks.

Edited by Sabela

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sabela said:

Hi, probably a silly question, but I cannot find the answer by looking at these forums. I am preparing documentation ahead for visa interview -specifically, "evidence of a bona fide marriage".  We submitted 8 PDF documents in our I-130 as proof of the relationship, as follows:

Proof of On-going Relationship 1

Proof of On-going Relationship 2

Evidence of Relationship - Miscellaneous Documents

I'm sorry but without some description of what was contained in those files, nobody can give you a reliable answer.  The number of documents means nothing without knowing what is in the documents.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sabela said:

Hi, probably a silly question, but I cannot find the answer in the forums. I am preparing documentation for the visa interview -specifically: "evidence of a bona fide marriage".  We submitted 8 PDF documents in our I-130 as proof of the relationship, as follows:

6. Social Media Records
  7. Wedding Day

Will printing ALL (or some) of these be okay (they are dated and tagged, like a digital scrapbook) for visa interview?  Or is it better to print rectangular, regular photos of us through the years? I was thinking about "traditional pictures" for our most recent communications to prove "ongoing relationship up to now" while we wait for our visa (FaceTime screenshots and the like). Thanks.

Printing the I-130 will be of no value at all.......and your descriptions give no clue as to what evidence you are providing.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

I apologize for the lack of detailed information. Here is a little description of each PDF document:

1. Proof of On-going Relationship 1 (our first email, text communications before meeting each other in person + photos of us in trips and with friends in different situations, year 2018)
  2. Proof of On-going Relationship 2 (photos of us + with friends + in trips during 2019)
  3. Proof of On-going Relationship 3 (proof of ongoing communication through texts/physical relationship until February 2020, when we had to be separated because of COVID. The PDF explains the entire story with proof)
  4. Our most recent visit together (back together after many months of separation due to COVID + other reasons. Photos of my trip to see him in 2021)
  5. Proof of On-Going Communication (text messages from 2018 to 2021 (one for each month throughout this time) + video call screenshots with friends and some family)
  6. Social Media Records (screenshots of photos together in social media + Friends in common there)
  7. Wedding Day (wedding day photos)
  8. Evidence of Relationship - Miscellaneous (AirBnb reservations of trips together + gifts + some correspondance between us) 

Will this be acceptable? (plus proof, as mentioned of ongoing communication through this time apart providing pictures of videocalls, perhaps). Am I missing something? Thank you!!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sabela said:

I apologize for the lack of detailed information. Here is a little description of each PDF document:

1. Proof of On-going Relationship 1 (our first email, text communications before meeting each other in person + photos of us in trips and with friends in different situations, year 2018)
  2. Proof of On-going Relationship 2 (photos of us + with friends + in trips during 2019)
  3. Proof of On-going Relationship 3 (proof of ongoing communication through texts/physical relationship until February 2020, when we had to be separated because of COVID. The PDF explains the entire story with proof)
  4. Our most recent visit together (back together after many months of separation due to COVID + other reasons. Photos of my trip to see him in 2021)
  5. Proof of On-Going Communication (text messages from 2018 to 2021 (one for each month throughout this time) + video call screenshots with friends and some family)
  6. Social Media Records (screenshots of photos together in social media + Friends in common there)
  7. Wedding Day (wedding day photos)
  8. Evidence of Relationship - Miscellaneous (AirBnb reservations of trips together + gifts + some correspondance between us) 

Will this be acceptable? (plus proof, as mentioned of ongoing communication through this time apart providing pictures of videocalls, perhaps). Am I missing something? Thank you!!

It's probably actually too much.  How many total pages in all these PDF files put together.  Best to limit the relationship evidence to no more than 20 pages.  Too much, and they will just see a lot of pages to ignore.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sabela said:

Will printing ALL (or some) of these be okay (they are dated and tagged, like a digital scrapbook) for visa interview? 

They already have it what you submitted during i130. Printing and handing them the same documents at interview will seem like trying to dupe them that you have tons of additional evidences.

While it is recommended to bring a copy of what was submitted for your own record, provide only additional evidences you have since filing the petition.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Sabela said:

I can make it 34 pages with just pictures of us (no gifts, correspondence, social media, etc). Or better to do a new, shorter version, PDF document?

My suggestion is 3 pages of photos, 9 photos per page.  Then concentrate on primary evidence of time spent together in person, like passport stamps and boarding passes.  Even photos together are secondary evidence.  The time spent together in person is the strongest evidence.  A few examples showing how and how frequently you communicate are good.  All the social media stuff is easily faked anyway.  A couple examples are fine.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

6 hours ago, Sabela said:

6. Social Media Records
  7. Wedding Day

You're wanting to print out documents that were already submitted when you filed the petition?

I don't know where you'll be interviewed, but I took 7 photos of recent vacations together with my wife to the interview, but didn't need any relationship proof whatsoever.

The officer asked me where we met, where we will be living together and when i'm planning to fly over - and that was it. 

This was in London, may well be different for you, but at this point after the I130 and NVC process, don't put too much weight on the relationship proof element.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sabela said:

Thank you! I will do something like that :)

Where will the visa interview be?  Evidence recommended depends on where it is, some countries require more evidence of time spent together and financial co-mingling than others.

Timeline
1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

Where will the visa interview be?  Evidence recommended depends on where it is, some countries require more evidence of time spent together and financial co-mingling than others.

No Consulate requires evidence of comingling of finances for couples who haven't resided together in the same country yet.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Visa Interview will be in Spain. I cannot provide "newer" proof of visits together until he comes in May. So, I have pics of previous time/trips together submitted with I-130, a few screenshots of videocalls during this time, texts, and we have his ticket purchase to Spain (well, Portugal, which is closer to where I live) when he comes. Also, all the Airbnbs reservations and the like.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.