2,967 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, AN2021 said:

How long does take background security check for VAWA ? submitting date is SEP 2019 

Security checks basically concludes when it does, there’s no fixed time. We’ve seen cases here of the check spanning up to 1/2 yrs plus hopefully yours resolves sooner!👍

2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Security checks basically concludes when it does, there’s no fixed time. We’ve seen cases here of the check spanning up to 1/2 yrs plus hopefully yours resolves sooner!👍

thanks for answering. does uscis makes background or security check for vawa application? As I know they are doing the checks for 485 application.  background check is it really reason for delayed case  or its  just automatically answer from uscis when case is out of processing time .

2 hours ago, AN2021 said:

thanks for answering. does uscis makes background or security check for vawa application? As I know they are doing the checks for 485 application.  background check is it really reason for delayed case  or its  just automatically answer from uscis when case is out of processing time .

Yes they do. Yes these checks can delay the cases significantly. No it’s not an automated response as not everyone gets caught up in that delay. Some resolves quickly while others linger. Check with your congressperson to see what the hold up is really about.👍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sunday means that it's time for our stress-relieving Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==============================================
THE FIRST JEWISH PRESIDENT

In 2032, the United States elected the first woman as well as the first Jewish president, Sarah Goldstein.  She called her mother a few weeks after Election Day and said, "So, Mom, I assume you'll be coming to my inauguration?"

"I don't think so.  It's a 10-hour drive, your father isn't as young as he used to be, and my arthritis is acting up again."

"Don't worry about it, Mom -- I'll send Air Force One to pick you up and take you home.  And a limousine will pick you up at your door."

"I don't know.  Everybody will be so fancy-schmantzy; what on earth would I wear?"

Sarah replied, "I'll make sure that you have a wonderful gown, custom-made by the best designer in New York."

"Honey," Mom complained, "you know I can't eat those rich foods that you and your friends like to eat."

Sarah responded, "Don't worry, Mom.  The entire affair is going to be handled by the best caterer in New York; kosher all the way.  Mom, I really want you to come."

So Mom reluctantly agreed, and on January 20, Sarah Goldstein was being sworn in as President of the United States.  In the front row sat the new President's mother, who leaned over to a senator sitting next to her and whispered, "You see that woman over there with her hand on the Torah, becoming President of the United States?"

The senator whispered back, "Yes, I do."

Her mom flushed with pride and said, "Her brother is a DOCTOR!"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

10 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Sunday means that it's time for our stress-relieving Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==============================================
THE FIRST JEWISH PRESIDENT

In 2032, the United States elected the first woman as well as the first Jewish president, Sarah Goldstein.  She called her mother a few weeks after Election Day and said, "So, Mom, I assume you'll be coming to my inauguration?"

"I don't think so.  It's a 10-hour drive, your father isn't as young as he used to be, and my arthritis is acting up again."

"Don't worry about it, Mom -- I'll send Air Force One to pick you up and take you home.  And a limousine will pick you up at your door."

"I don't know.  Everybody will be so fancy-schmantzy; what on earth would I wear?"

Sarah replied, "I'll make sure that you have a wonderful gown, custom-made by the best designer in New York."

"Honey," Mom complained, "you know I can't eat those rich foods that you and your friends like to eat."

Sarah responded, "Don't worry, Mom.  The entire affair is going to be handled by the best caterer in New York; kosher all the way.  Mom, I really want you to come."

So Mom reluctantly agreed, and on January 20, Sarah Goldstein was being sworn in as President of the United States.  In the front row sat the new President's mother, who leaned over to a senator sitting next to her and whispered, "You see that woman over there with her hand on the Torah, becoming President of the United States?"

The senator whispered back, "Yes, I do."

Her mom flushed with pride and said, "Her brother is a DOCTOR!"

:P 

looool i'm the doctor in this scenario so everyone from my siblings to my cousins and nieces/nephews, even close family friends, all hate me for this reason because my parents/their parents won't give it a rest.

On 7/7/2022 at 3:35 PM, Family said:

You can write to USCIS- Vermont  ( separate letter) to tell them you are no longer represented (  fired your attorney ) and update your own address as a safe mailing address for all future notices . 

And , of course tell your attorney you are terminating their service and they should notify USCIS and withdraw their G-28…if that is what you have decided 

Hello, pls i tried to make enquiry about my ead renewal which i sent June 2021 and i got a letter from uscis telling me to write to Vermont…pls can i write them ? And can you help me with the prototype of how the letter will look like? 
thanks

44 minutes ago, Fmoyatty said:

Hello, pls i tried to make enquiry about my ead renewal which i sent June 2021 and i got a letter from uscis telling me to write to Vermont…pls can i write them ? And can you help me with the prototype of how the

It will be more effective to reach out to your Congressman for help on your work permit. Google ur district and they will check w Vermont on status

51 minutes ago, Fmoyatty said:

Hello, pls i tried to make enquiry about my ead renewal which i sent June 2021 and i got a letter from uscis telling me to write to Vermont…pls can i write them ? And can you help me with the prototype of how the letter will look like? 
thanks

def. contact with your congressman. They will send an inquiry to Uscis for you. I also applied ead renewal in June 2021!  a couple months ago, I started to contact with my congressman, finally the last week  my ead got approved. you are almost there, your ead will approve soon!  

On 7/9/2022 at 7:00 PM, Evasn said:

It can take years , I've been waiting for 2.5 years since i360 approval . 

I am also stuck at the background check process.  I have been waiting for 1.5  since i360 approval. I contacted my congressman and senator office about my i485 case but I always received same answer “we are unable to determine at this time when the background checks for the application will be completed” hope we can hear good news soon! Keep praying! 

14 minutes ago, steve_o said:

def. contact with your congressman. They will send an inquiry to Uscis for you. I also applied ead renewal in June 2021!  a couple months ago, I started to contact with my congressman, finally the last week  my ead got approved. you are almost there, your ead will approve soon!  

Thanks but how do I know my congressman?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Fmoyatty said:

Thanks but how do I know my congressman?

Please obtain a copy of the United states constitution, it should be on page 420. If you still can't figure it out, please Google " who is my congressman"

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, DanyT. said:

Hey folks,

On July 7th I finally received a letter from Miami office asking for my medical exams RFE. It says they need it to make a final decision on my case. 

do you think the are going to make a decision as soon as they receive the results or do you think after they receive it they are going to schedule an interview?

Dany.

medicals RFE means interview will be waived. you will get decision on i485 within 2-3 weeks of submitting RFE usually. I am so jealous!

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.