llcoolwil

March 2022 I-130 Filers

379 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/25/2023 at 10:16 PM, SumHas said:

Nope. Nothing yet. Just praying a lot for it come through soon. Have you received yours? Which service center? They said mine is with Nebraska Service center. 

I have not received an Approval yet, my Center is Nebraska Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, HaileyD98 said:

Our case was transferred to my local field office last week from Potomac. Our PD is 03/24/2022 and AR1 06/25/2022. They said they started reviewing it 03/22/2023 at the field office. I had just never heard of an I-130 being processed at a field office??

WEIRD! I have never heard of that either! With that being said, maybe they started added field offices to help with the backlog. Potomac went from 12 month processing to 16 month processing so they must be getting slammed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
42 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

WEIRD! I have never heard of that either! With that being said, maybe they started added field offices to help with the backlog. Potomac went from 12 month processing to 16 month processing so they must be getting slammed.

I asked them why they did this and I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. They said they transferred it there to “process cases more efficiently” so I just assumed it was due to a backlog.

On 3/26/2023 at 5:10 AM, GR90 said:

Our case had been stagnant until we reached out to our Congressman for help. While I cannot confirm that the process began to move forward solely due to the Congressman's inquiry, we did receive an RFE shortly after contacting them. We promptly responded to the RFE, and ultimately received approval. Below is a summary of our timeline, and I wish everyone the best of luck in their own process.

Receipt Notice: 3/8/22
Congressman Involved: 2/27/23

RFE: 3/17/23
Respond to RFE: 3/18/23
Approval: 3/21/23

Hello, how long did it take for your congressperson to respond to your request? It's been 5 days now since I sent a request, they haven't said anything yet. 

3 hours ago, SumHas said:

Hello, how long did it take for your congressperson to respond to your request? It's been 5 days now since I sent a request, they haven't said anything yet. 

Around two weeks after contacting them they sent me an email with a USCIS Privacy Form to sign on the 27th, then the timeline in my original post started.

59 minutes ago, Nalvarez said:

Got my NVC letter and paid the fees! How long did it take others to do the DS-260? Is it something I really need to be cautious with and take a long time? 
Compared to the previous stage, is the paperwork harder or easier? Kind of getting nervous now that soon i have to do all NVC stage paperwork 😬 

In my experience, the NVC process is better than the Uscis stage, with less stress and they will check everything faster. But you have to check everything before submitting, remember to upload your W2 and all the required documents, if previously married, you have to upload the divorce decree. My husband and I filled up the Ds260 together in one afternoon, it took us like 3 hours. This stage is so much better!!!!! Relax, double check everything before submitting and you'll be ok. Good luck ❤️ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/1/2023 at 7:52 PM, SumHas said:

Mine took like a week, 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Glory2 said:

Congrats!!!!!! I’m very happy for you 

My husband interview was yesterday and he was approved 🙏🏻❤️

That's amazing!! Congrats!!! I hope Canada gets themselves together and my interview is fast as your husbands was!! Congrats again! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 hours ago, Glory2 said:

Congrats!!!!!! I’m very happy for you 

My husband interview was yesterday and he was approved 🙏🏻❤️

Congratulations to you both. At long last, you're closing the distance between you.

3 hours ago, SumHas said:

I finally got my I 130 approval today!

Congratulations! Wishing you a smooth NVC process.

Is there anyone at Potomac who hasn't yet received their approval or any movement beyond the initial AR?

We were in Texas, transferred to Potomac

NOA1:  3/13/2022

AR1:  6/24/2022

At what point should I contact my Congressman?  USCIS website says, don't bother us until 12/31/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.