llcoolwil

March 2022 I-130 Filers

379 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/26/2023 at 5:10 AM, GR90 said:

Our case had been stagnant until we reached out to our Congressman for help. While I cannot confirm that the process began to move forward solely due to the Congressman's inquiry, we did receive an RFE shortly after contacting them. We promptly responded to the RFE, and ultimately received approval. Below is a summary of our timeline, and I wish everyone the best of luck in their own process.

Receipt Notice: 3/8/22
Congressman Involved: 2/27/23

RFE: 3/17/23
Respond to RFE: 3/18/23
Approval: 3/21/23

Did you respond the RFE via online ? 

7 hours ago, Tsewang said:

Did you respond the RFE via online ? 

I submitted copies of our RFE material both Online and via Mail however our RFE had already been approved before the mailed copy had arrived so I would imagine submitting online would be sufficient enough.

Edit: I also included in the Online Copy a cover letter explaining that I also mailed the evidence as well, we just wanted to be 100% for sure that everything would go over smoothly.

Edited by GR90
More details

Timeline
1 hour ago, GR90 said:

I submitted copies of our RFE material both Online and via Mail however our RFE had already been approved before the mailed copy had arrived so I would imagine submitting online would be sufficient enough.

Edit: I also included in the Online Copy a cover letter explaining that I also mailed the evidence as well, we just wanted to be 100% for sure that everything would go over smoothly.

Thank you so much for your quick response and clarification. 
What are the required RFE documents that you have submitted?  

4 hours ago, Tsewang said:

Thank you so much for your quick response and clarification. 
What are the required RFE documents that you have submitted?  

We had some legal documents that was not submitted correctly (I only included 1 page that I thought would be all that is required) they however wanted the whole document.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, GR90 said:

We had some legal documents that was not submitted correctly (I only included 1 page that I thought would be all that is required) they however wanted the whole document.

Okay cool. Anyway congratulations on your approval. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

RECEIVED THE APPROVAL OF USCIS TODAY!! waiting for the NOA2 approval receipt by mail!

Is there a guide for what's next in the NVC?

March 19, 2022: Submitted I-130
April 19, 2023: I-130 Approved
April 25, 2023: NVC received file and NVC case number assigned
May 31, 2023: Submitted Documents
June 20, 2023: Case complete at NVC
?? ??, 2023: Interview Letter - WAITING.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AhmadHamouda said:

RECEIVED THE APPROVAL OF USCIS TODAY!! waiting for the NOA2 approval receipt by mail!

Is there a guide for what's next in the NVC?

Can you please tell me anyone how long does it take for the NOA2 to arrive to the mailing address after approval?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
20 hours ago, AhmadHamouda said:

Can you please tell me anyone how long does it take for the NOA2 to arrive to the mailing address after approval?

That's not the most important. Focus on what NVC needs from you once USCIS sends your case to them. It takes just a couple of days to get your welcome letter from NVC after they receive your case. In the meantime, find the April group for NVC filers and familiarize yourself with the documents you would need. Wishing you all the best.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, S&J@2020 said:

That's not the most important. Focus on what NVC needs from you once USCIS sends your case to them. It takes just a couple of days to get your welcome letter from NVC after they receive your case. In the meantime, find the April group for NVC filers and familiarize yourself with the documents you would need. Wishing you all the best.

Thank you so much I’ll do that!

will the welcome letter be sent by email? And to whom the beneficiary or the petitioner?

also how long is the estimated time for NVC after submitting the required forms?

Timeline
1 hour ago, AhmadHamouda said:

Thank you so much I’ll do that!

will the welcome letter be sent by email? And to whom the beneficiary or the petitioner?

also how long is the estimated time for NVC after submitting the required forms?

The welcome letter's via email, and copies will be sent to you both. NVC is currently taking two weeks averagely to process cases.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
11 hours ago, Benjip said:

I-130 Approved as of MAY 17th

received RFE and i replied online 

5 days later on May 17th it was approved. 

Waiting for next step now. 

Congratulations. Start gathering the necessary documents for NVC asap.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.