doves

AOS Interview Within 4 Months from Filing? Not expiditing

37 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, doves said:

It is Indiana. We live in Indianapolis. In a previous post, I mentioned that we called USCIS to ask why we got sent to Ohio and were told by the representatives that it's due to backlog at the Indianapolis office, so just to speed the process.

If you have been transferred to interview in Ohio, then your local field office is somewhere in Ohio. Your interview appointment letter will say which one.

The reason why we are asking you to update your timeline is so we have the data of your correct local field office listed so we can look it up on the website (that you are free to access yourself).

Ohio is a big state with 3 field offices. So in trying to still help, please update your timeline with your correct field office in Ohio so we can determine if yours is on track or if your statement that you are inferring (everything is moving much faster) is actually true.

Or, here you go:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by K1visaHopeful

59 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

If you have been transferred to interview in Ohio, then your local field office is somewhere in Ohio. Your interview appointment letter will say which one.

The reason why we are asking you to update your timeline is so we have the data of your correct local field office listed so we can look it up on the website (that you are free to access yourself).

Ohio is a big state with 3 field offices. So in trying to still help, please update your timeline with your correct field office in Ohio so we can determine if yours is on track or if your statement that you are inferring (everything is moving much faster) is actually true.

Or, here you go:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

again, my field office is Indianapolis not Ohio. I have two cases with USCIS. The first is being processed in Indianapolis. I was directly told by USCIS that my case was only sent to Ohio due to backlogs. I live less than 10 minutes from the Indianapolis center. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Whatever the reason for your fast interview is,  it's awesome. Congratulations 🥳🥳

Your timeline will help others to get better predictions for their process and that's a win for everyone 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 hours ago, Loren Y said:

My friend at the Cleveland office has his AOS interview for March 3rd, about 3 months after filing AOS. Ohio is very far ahead. Cincinnati office is also only like 4 months to AOS interview.

Yassss!!! I filed for ROC late January. Hope to see approval before the end of this year!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

5 hours ago, doves said:

again, my field office is Indianapolis not Ohio. I have two cases with USCIS. The first is being processed in Indianapolis. I was directly told by USCIS that my case was only sent to Ohio due to backlogs. I live less than 10 minutes from the Indianapolis center. 

Right but your timeline will now be the timeline at your local field office in Ohio not Indy any more.

You can check it on the websitw that I linked.

I can't help you to check it without knowing which of the three they sent you to.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, doves said:

So if anyone has seen my previous posts, I've been a bit pleasantly confused about the AOS process and timeline from a K-1 visa. My husband and I filed his AOS back in November, he got a biometrics appointment in January, and now we now got a notice for our primary AOS interview next month! That's approximately 4 months from filing to the interview date and we didn't expedite!! I'm thinking USCIS is starting to speed up their process so just wanted to give hope for anyone waiting! 

wow.... we filed in July got an RFE in September and it was received in November and still to this day I have heard nothing from them.  This is ridiculous.   We have not received a work permit or a green card interview. 

On 2/20/2022 at 7:03 AM, PWB said:

We are over 8 months and counting for interview, our interview location will be Houston.

wow, this is terrible news because we are also in Houston.   We filed in July and still have not heard anything.  I was hoping to hear something soon but I guess not.  We still have not even received my wife's work permit. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, rafaeltostado said:

Have you received a work/travel permit yet?

Received Parole for travel but since my wife will never work we did not apply for EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, rafaeltostado said:

wow, this is terrible news because we are also in Houston.   We filed in July and still have not heard anything.  I was hoping to hear something soon but I guess not.  We still have not even received my wife's work permit. 

Sorry for the bad news but USCIS has been telling us that we are in the INTERVIEW STREAM for the last two months.  There needs to be more consistency in the AOS process since we all pay the same money for the same product.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/20/2022 at 7:03 AM, PWB said:

We are over 8 months and counting for interview, our interview location will be Houston.

Houston is one of the LFOs with a two year wait time isn't it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.