Paul&Oxana

After arriving

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Dear friends! I hope you are all well. I need your advice . After 9 years of waiting my daughter got her visa  f11 and is ready to start her life in USA. She is coming on the 3 of February.

we have paid the fee before her arrival .

my question what are my next steps as a sponsor?

what are we supposed to file for? Any advice us highly appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

There's a $220 fee that you will pay for GC processing. You can pay it right now or after she's here.

Afterwards, nothing for you to do. Just wait for GC. I'd suggest checking box for her to automatically receive SSN

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Paul&Oxana said:

Dear friends! I hope you are all well. I need your advice . After 9 years of waiting my daughter got her visa  f11 and is ready to start her life in USA. She is coming on the 3 of February.

we have paid the fee before her arrival .

my question what are my next steps as a sponsor?

what are we supposed to file for? Any advice us highly appreciated!

If she doesn't  receive her SSN within 4 weeks of arriving, she should apply in person at the SSA office. She will need her passport and birth certificate  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Conratulations

now u wait for SS # if the box on the ds 260 was marked for USCIS to do the process

and wait for green card and when it comes,   check that the information is correct on it

Timeline
3 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Conratulations

now u wait for SS # if the box on the ds 260 was marked for USCIS to do the process

and wait for green card and when it comes,   check that the information is correct on it

Thank you! So we are not applying for SSN, aren't we?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Paul&Oxana said:

Thank you! So we are not applying for SSN, aren't we?

you do not have to if the Box on ds 260 was checked for USCIS to do the work

but u can check in 3 to 4 weeks by making an appointment at local SS office to see that they have all they need to process the SS # 

take passport with CR1 stamp and another Photo ID of immigrant (government offices like 2 ID's) 

we got SS card in 2 weeks (pre covid things were much faster) now??? taking too long

Timeline
3 hours ago, Timona said:

There's a $220 fee that you will pay for GC processing. You can pay it right now or after she's here.

Afterwards, nothing for you to do. Just wait for GC. I'd suggest checking box for her to automatically receive SSN

We did pay a few weeks ago.

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to Moving to the US & Your New Life In America forum ***

5 hours ago, Paul&Oxana said:

what are we supposed to file for?

If your daughter selected the option in her DS-260 form to receive her SSN, then just wait for it to arrive in the mail.  If it doesn't arrive in 1 month, she should book an appointment at the local SSA office to apply for SSN in person.

Also, just wait for her plastic GC in the mail.  If it doesn't arrive in 90 days, she may contact USCIS via their hotline or their website, to log a ticket for "Out of Normal Processing Time".

Remember that even without the plastic GC, she will remain a US permanent resident.  Her visa + CBP entry stamp will serve as her temporary green card for 1 year, equivalent to the plastic card for any legal purpose.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to Moving to the US & Your New Life In America forum ***

If your daughter selected the option in her DS-260 form to receive her SSN, then just wait for it to arrive in the mail.  If it doesn't arrive in 1 month, she should book an appointment at the local SSA office to apply for SSN in person.

Also, just wait for her plastic GC in the mail.  If it doesn't arrive in 90 days, she may contact USCIS via their hotline or their website, to log a ticket for "Out of Normal Processing Time".

Remember that even without the plastic GC, she will remain a US permanent resident.  Her visa + CBP entry stamp will serve as her temporary green card for 1 year, equivalent to the plastic card for any legal purpose.

Thank you !

Just now, Paul&Oxana said:

Thank you !

Seems like it will be a waiting time for her for your documents to arrive.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Mama does everything for her. I will check this 260 form. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul&Oxana said:

Mama does everything for her. I will check this 260 form. 

If her mother didn't check the box at all on the DS-260, book an appointment at the local SSA office to have one issued.  You can download the application online and fill it out before heading to the appointment with the appropriate ID in hand.  

Congrats!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.