FaithandPatience

NVC requesting additional documents

9 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

I submitted all the NVC documents as they had asked in Oct 2021. I got a message from NVC yesterday and they asked me to upload few additional documents. I added the additional documents in the additional documents section and clicked submit documents button. Do I need to complete any other step to inform NVC that I have uploaded the additional documents? Please let me know. Also will my case go back in line or will they process as soon as they get additional documents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
39 minutes ago, FaithandPatience said:

Hello friends,

I submitted all the NVC documents as they had asked in Oct 2021. I got a message from NVC yesterday and they asked me to upload few additional documents. I added the additional documents in the additional documents section and clicked submit documents button. Do I need to complete any other step to inform NVC that I have uploaded the additional documents? Please let me know. Also will my case go back in line or will they process as soon as they get additional documents

Sorry to hear you had an RFE.

Once you hit Submit, make sure all documents say Submitted (the the newly submitted). You don't need to do anything else.

Most likely you will go back to the end of the queue, but you never know

When did you submit on Oct2021? what day exactly?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

2 hours ago, FaithandPatience said:

Hello friends,

what additional documents did NVC asked you to upload? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
38 minutes ago, FaithandPatience said:

I had sent official IRS transcripts for the recent year but they also wanted my W2 for the recent years. I thought if official IRS transcripts are uplaoded, then that should be golden.

Did you file joint tax return? If yes, then that's why the W2 is required.

• 2 weeks later...

yes that's right. I missed sending W2 records. I should have just sent it. To all of my friends here, please send all possible documents even if they don't ask you. Once you send additional documents they will add you to the beginning of the queue and you will loose valuable time. So please send any and all documents that you have.

1 hour ago, FaithandPatience said:

To all of my friends here, please send all possible documents even if they don't ask you.

That's not the best approach to pass NVC review.  In some cases, people had to go through another round of review because the NVC reviewer got confused by documents not asked for.  It's best to follow the I-864 and NVC instructions to submit exactly the documents required depending on the sponsor's circumstances.

In your case, it seems you did not follow these I-864 instructions -- "If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.