Pearl21

Flying to US with K1 visa and Sputnik vaccine

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hi! has anyone already tried to travel with K1 visa and being vaccinated with Sputnik? I know that sputnik is not approved by WHO and CDC so you cannot travel to US with it.

I wonder if somebody tried. you are allowed to travel to US not being fully vaccinated if you have an immigrant visa. I'm confused if K1 visa is a immigrant or nonimmigrant visa.

I'm vaccinated with Sputnik. revaccination requires only one shot but CDC demands two to allow to cross the border. so I'm in a trap if K1 needs covid vaccination. what should I do?😪 

~ Moved from K1 Process to COVID-19 forum ~

K1 is considered non immigrant and CDC has published guidance in which it classified K1 as non immigrant and thus needing a WHO/CDC approved vaccine. I’ve heard of some from Kazakhstan who travel to Kyrgyzstan to get re-vaccinated in order to enter the US. 

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You will be denied boarding on US bound flight if you don’t have a CDC approved vaccination and are “fully” vaccinated. 

My fiancé had Sputnik. She had to vaccinate with Johnson and Johnson while in Poland doing her interview. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

~ Moved from K1 Process to COVID-19 forum ~

K1 is considered non immigrant and CDC has published guidance in which it classified K1 as non immigrant and thus needing a WHO/CDC approved vaccine. I’ve heard of some from Kazakhstan who travel to Kyrgyzstan to get re-vaccinated in order to enter the US. 

but they had to wait for three weeks to get the second shot, right? 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Caboose29 said:

You will be denied boarding on US bound flight if you don’t have a CDC approved vaccination and are “fully” vaccinated. 

My fiancé had Sputnik. She had to vaccinate with Johnson and Johnson while in Poland doing her interview. 

@Caboose29 was it two shots of Johnson?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pearl21 said:

@Caboose29 was it two shots of Johnson?

It was a single shot.  But you have to wait 14 days until last (Pfizer/Moderna/booster)  injection to be considered “fully vaccinated”. 

Edited by Caboose29

Timeline
1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

Yes, of course. I’m sure they flew back and forth 

oh Dear! I guess in worst case scenario I'll do that. my fiance and all my familyare anti-vaxers. that would be tough to do fulfil this clandestine operation to travel to Bishkek 😄

Timeline
7 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Sorry to hear about that. I hope they come to understand that it’s necessary! Good luck 😊 keep us posted 

thank you. I will 😊

I found this information. it's from a clinic that do medical exam checks in almaty.  may be it will help someone else as well.

Снимок экрана 2022-01-11 235201.jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pearl21 said:

thank you. I will 😊

I found this information. it's from a clinic that do medical exam checks in almaty.  may be it will help someone else as well.

Just make sure the the airline employees at the gate are aware of this. 

8 hours ago, Pearl21 said:

thank you. I will 😊

I’m in the same boat as you. I’m vaccinated with Sputnik V and I’m waiting for my K-1 interview at the US Consulate in Almaty. 

This screenshot is from IMC clinic website and it pertains to immigrant visa medical exam because immigrant visa applicants MUST get all required vaccinations prior to their visa interview. The screenshot only says that your IMMIGRANT visa will not be denied if you cannot find a WHO approved shot. K-1 visa applicants can opt out of getting vaccinated at this stage and can choose to be vaccinated in the U.S before AOS. Therefore, this information on IMC website does not pertain to you. 

IMC clinic will allow you to attend your medical and attend your K-1 interview with the Sputnik vaccine. You are fine. 

However, boarding a US flight is a different matter. Boarding will be done according to the official information on the CDC website. 

You will not be allowed to board a flight to the US because: 

1) K-1 is a non-immigrant visa

2) Sputnik is not yet approved by WHO 

The good news is it appears your interview has not been scheduled yet and you are still waiting to be scheduled at the consulate. 

Sputnik V is on its way to be approved by WHO in the first quarter of 2022. It is very possible that by the time you receive your visa, Sputnik will be added to the WHO approved vaccine list and traveling to Kyrgyzstan will no longer be necessary. 

Hope this helps. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, paramorley said:

I’m in the same boat as you. I’m vaccinated with Sputnik V and I’m waiting for my K-1 interview at the US Consulate in Almaty. 

This screenshot is from IMC clinic website and it pertains to immigrant visa medical exam because immigrant visa applicants MUST get all required vaccinations prior to their visa interview. The screenshot only says that your IMMIGRANT visa will not be denied if you cannot find a WHO approved shot. K-1 visa applicants can opt out of getting vaccinated at this stage and can choose to be vaccinated in the U.S before AOS. Therefore, this information on IMC website does not pertain to you. 

IMC clinic will allow you to attend your medical and attend your K-1 interview with the Sputnik vaccine. You are fine. 

However, boarding a US flight is a different matter. Boarding will be done according to the official information on the CDC website. 

You will not be allowed to board a flight to the US because: 

1) K-1 is a non-immigrant visa

2) Sputnik is not yet approved by WHO 

The good news is it appears your interview has not been scheduled yet and you are still waiting to be scheduled at the consulate. 

Sputnik V is on its way to be approved by WHO in the first quarter of 2022. It is very possible that by the time you receive your visa, Sputnik will be added to the WHO approved vaccine list and traveling to Kyrgyzstan will no longer be necessary. 

Hope this helps. 

@paramorley thank you very much for such detailed information. you explained a lot, that was very helpful.

hopefully you are right and sputnik will be appproved by WHO.

happy to hear someone from Kyrgyzstan 🙂🙂 good luck with your interview!💙 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.