J&D1008

DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

857 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

Just got my NVC Case Number via NVCResearch today.  I checked the case status in CEAC.  It says "At NVC".  What are the other statuses that follow?

You do the DHL hack tho from

the calendar maybe yours will get shipped next week. Then DS 160, schedule interview (depends on your consulate so look for others from Ghana or ask), etc. Good luck, keep us posted and congrats!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Aesop23 said:

IMG_4397.jpeg

Yes!!!! Finally!!!!!!! 🎉 congratulations! Can’t believe they made you wait so long but it’s finally over! (The USCIS waiting at least!)

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
1 hour ago, Aesop23 said:

I keep trying find an answer to this but it remains unclear:

having received Noa2 when should I file I-134 affidavit of support? Can this be done now? Should it have been done earlier?

You'll need it for the interview (the beneficiary needs to present it on the interview along with the other documents required). Nothing is submitted to NVC for K1.
I am waiting to fill out the I-134 because the form will expire on July 31st. I want to take the new version seeing my interview won't be before this date.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Just now, Bh_sarah said:

You'll need it for the interview (the beneficiary needs to present it on the interview along with the other documents required). Nothing is submitted to NVC for K1.
I am waiting to fill out the I-134 because the form will expire on July 31st. I want to take the new version seeing my interview won't be before this date.

So I never submit to USCIS, she just takes it to the interview?

1 minute ago, Bh_sarah said:

Also thank you for responding 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Aesop23 said:

So I never submit to USCIS, she just takes it to the interview?

Also thank you for responding 

Yes, so your case is now being sent to NVC that will create a case number that you will use at the embassy and send your case to the embassy. USCIS part is done right now. The embassy will require the list of documents for the interview, including IDs, passport, passport photographs, police certificates, medical, and DS-160 (fillable online) and the I-134 form. It depends from country to country so I'd check it, but I-134 should be taken to the interview along with the financial evidence to support it as far as I know. 

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.