J&D1008

DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zz6938 said:

question folks:

Has any of you noticed a change in status when you log in to you USCIS account once the shipment to NVC occurs?

My case status shows the following. I was wondering if this would change if they send the file to NVC?
March 21, 2023 Case Was Approved
December 13, 2021 We received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e).

My status on the USCIS page never changed after it was approved, it's been through the NVC now and in transit to the embassy and still just showing "case was approved" as last action.

On 5/30/2023 at 9:25 AM, Crazy Cat said:

Has the CEAC status changed to "Issued"? That is the only real indication of visa approval.

Yes it has.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
31 minutes ago, dferrer00 said:

Yes it has.

Congratulations!!!!  That milestone is now behind you.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Friday Report 

Report of significant changes since 2023_05_26
DEC 1-3:  Untouched:8
        Approved: 5     Denied: 1      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 0  RFER->Approval: 5   (Incl. in stats) 
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 0    Rejected: 0

DEC 6-10:  Untouched:17
        Approved: 5     Denied: 0      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 0  RFER->Approval: 5   (Incl. in stats) 
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 1    Rejected: 0

DEC 13-17:  Untouched:28
        Approved: 9     Denied: 2      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 7   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 20-24:  Untouched:18
        Approved: 11     Denied: 3      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 3  RFER->Approval: 10   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 27-31:  Untouched:34
        Approved: 27     Denied: 1      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 8   (Incl. in stats) 

2023_06_02.jpg

Timeline
On 5/24/2023 at 5:48 AM, dfederly said:

There is hope. 75 days after NOA2 (March 8 ) and several inquiries, we got an email response from NVC inquiry with our case number and that it was in transit to the London embassy. She's got her medical booked for June 5th, but we have to wait for Ready status to book the interview. 

Woke up this morning to amazing news. Case ready at the London embassy! She was able to book her interview for the 14th, she's actually in London today for her medical.

Case Ready.png

46 minutes ago, dfederly said:

Woke up this morning to amazing news. Case ready at the London embassy! She was able to book her interview for the 14th, she's actually in London today for her medical.

Case Ready.png

Wow, June 14th? Seems like such a short wait time from case ready to interview, congrats! How long did the file transfer from NVC to embassy take?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pangoleen said:

Wow, June 14th? Seems like such a short wait time from case ready to interview, congrats! How long did the file transfer from NVC to embassy take?

London Embassy doesn't usually have terrible backlogs, so there were actually interviews available later this week, but that would be too soon after her medical. Case was in transit 5/23, ready 6/5

This is madness. Still no noa2   Looking at writ of mandamus 5-10 grand for justice. I make a living wage but an extra 10g on top of wedding flights all that and they more than double green card application. Mind blown. Mind blown. Just venting I just don’t get it. 90 days at NVC would be a dream come true. Anything. If they deny at this point…I don’t even know. Move to another country I guess. For what it would cost all together could probably live in India for a couple years waiting on the spouse visa. 

The toll on the one we love is the killer. What do you even say when 6 months turns into years. Issue of justice. So sorry for others caught in this hell. Any movement is a gift so jealous. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Aesop23 said:

This is madness. Still no noa2   Looking at writ of mandamus 5-10 grand for justice. I make a living wage but an extra 10g on top of wedding flights all that and they more than double green card application. Mind blown. Mind blown. Just venting I just don’t get it. 90 days at NVC would be a dream come true. Anything. If they deny at this point…I don’t even know. Move to another country I guess. For what it would cost all together could probably live in India for a couple years waiting on the spouse visa. 

The toll on the one we love is the killer. What do you even say when 6 months turns into years. Issue of justice. So sorry for others caught in this hell. Any movement is a gift so jealous. 

I keep coming back here to see if you got your approval since you're the earliest case I know still waiting. I am so sorry, it's infuriating. Even more infuriating when USCIS says your case is processing normally and you can only make in inquiry next month. I also felt the same way as you and now I even feel ashamed complaining when so many other earlier filers are still waiting – it's heartbreaking seeing people complain about NVC waiting and it's hard to see people that filed with you with interviews scheduled or visa issued.

I only heard of WOM being used for people stuck in AP for months, whose medicals even expired (there's a famous thread here for Montreal). I am not sure of anyone using it for NOA2s, as it's pretty expensive. Forgive me if it's a stupid question: did you try reaching out to your congress representative? Or calling USCIS, saying "info pass" and trying to speak with a tier 2 agent? It's ok to assume it's not worth it as they will say you're within normal processing, but I would start bothering them every day until your case is touched. You shouldn't be the one spending 5k so they can do their jobs (even though I understand this is the last resort for many people, and a completely unfair and infuriating one).

On a more hopeful note, there were 38 approvals for December cases in the last 7 days and 85 still as "case received". I'm hoping you can hear something this week. 

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

5 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I keep coming back here to see if you got your approval since you're the earliest case I know still waiting. I am so sorry, it's infuriating. Even more infuriating when USCIS says your case is processing normally and you can only make in inquiry next month. I also felt the same way as you and now I even feel ashamed complaining when so many other earlier filers are still waiting – it's heartbreaking seeing people complain about NVC waiting and it's hard to see people that filed with you with interviews scheduled or visa issued.

I only heard of WOM being used for people stuck in AP for months, whose medicals even expired (there's a famous thread here for Montreal). I am not sure of anyone using it for NOA2s, as it's pretty expensive. Forgive me if it's a stupid question: did you try reaching out to your congress representative? Or calling USCIS, saying "info pass" and trying to speak with a tier 2 agent? It's ok to assume it's not worth it as they will say you're within normal processing, but I would start bothering them every day until your case is touched. You shouldn't be the one spending 5k so they can do their jobs (even though I understand this is the last resort for many people, and a completely unfair and infuriating one).

On a more hopeful note, there were 38 approvals for December cases in the last 7 days and 85 still as "case received". I'm hoping you can hear something this week. 

Just like you said.. keep calling and calling and calling.. ( and here is my proof when i did it ) it can be done @Aesop23

Dear ***************

Thank you for your inquiry dated March 27, 2023.

Our system shows that your Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé, was approved on April 21, 2023. Your approval notice was mailed to the address on file.

If you have any other questions, please visit the USCIS Contact Center, where you can access our online tools 24/7.

If you move, you must update your address with USCIS within 10 days using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange, and in your USCIS Online Account.

If you haven’t done so already, visit myaccount.uscis.gov to sign up for a USCIS online account where you can explore filing online, send us secure messages through your account inbox and get instant updates on the status of your case.

34 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I just took your advice. Gonna keep calling and mention casually writ of mandamus every time I call. Man if there was a real class action… changing the processing times on people so they can’t enquirer feels like a case but goverment punch punch. Tried my congressman. Asked if it was outside processing time then disinterest. Where I live is a red state so immigration isn’t exactly popular thank you for the kind words. Being heard was a gift. 

30 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

Just like you said.. keep calling and calling and calling.. ( and here is my proof when i did it ) it can be done @Aesop23

Dear ***************

Thank you for your inquiry dated March 27, 2023.

Our system shows that your Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé, was approved on April 21, 2023. Your approval notice was mailed to the address on file.

If you have any other questions, please visit the USCIS Contact Center, where you can access our online tools 24/7.

If you move, you must update your address with USCIS within 10 days using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange, and in your USCIS Online Account.

If you haven’t done so already, visit myaccount.uscis.gov to sign up for a USCIS online account where you can explore filing online, send us secure messages through your account inbox and get instant updates on the status of your case.

I am inspired. Will do so. Thank you

Timeline
Just now, Aesop23 said:

I just took your advice. Gonna keep calling and mention casually writ of mandamus every time I call. Man if there was a real class action… changing the processing times on people so they can’t enquirer feels like a case but goverment punch punch. Tried my congressman. Asked if it was outside processing time then disinterest. Where I live is a red state so immigration isn’t exactly popular thank you for the kind words. Being heard was a gift. 

Shoot, I'm sorry. MO is a red one too but I guess we were lucky that our representative never said anything about processing times, only asked if we wanted them to ask USCIS for an update (maybe it's the proximity to the city so we got a more progressive representative? Not sure).
We did end up getting approved that same week but I can't say for sure if it was the result of this or not. Not sure if trying again and getting them stats about April/May cases now being prioritized even though you're still inside the "normal" times could work.

And the inquiry date from USCIS is a terrible thing: it's not really based on 16.5 month (80% of the cases in the last 6 months). It's actually based on them processing 93% of the cases in the past 6 months, which makes the inquiry date about 18 months after filing. They honestly don't want people making them accountable for anything.

But yes, get calling, emailing, try to bother them until you hear something. You can say there are May filers getting approved (this is public knowledge), and then based on that you are indeed way outside normal processing times. 

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

I called USCIS asked for a tier 2 agent, they told me that wasnt needed since my petition was approved. They told me since I made an inquiry already to USCIS 5/23, I had to wait another 30 days before I make another inquiry.

Went ahead and chatted with Ask emma:

They submitted a service request to California about my petition. I guess I just need to wait. It is now 103 days since NOA2 and no case number. 

9844A8DD-431D-4145-892E-4DD05C5E1BD7.png

3ACDB7D2-4BE3-4558-BACE-A94ADA01F1A7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.