Houstonapp

I haven't received the N400 interview letter by mail.

17 posts in this topic

MY N-400 interview is on the 15th Dec. I have not received the interview letter. Can I download and print the copy on the USCIS website to take with me instead?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Houstonapp said:

MY N-400 interview is on the 15th Dec. I have not received the interview letter. Can I download and print the copy on the USCIS website to take with me instead?

Yes.  You’ve no choice.  

do not miss your interview. 

Just now, Mike E said:

Yes.  You’ve no choice.  

do not miss your interview. 

I don't intend to miss it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Houstonapp said:

It is the same thing. Print and take it with you. Worry not. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Houstonapp said:

Your timeline is not completed, when did you submit N-400? I am also in Houston and have been waiting since June. Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, JSWH said:

Your timeline is not completed, when did you submit N-400? I am also in Houston and have been waiting since June. Thank you. 

July 21st. Hope you don't have to wait much longer. My I-751 nearly took 3 years so glad this was quicker!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Houstonapp said:

July 21st. Hope you don't have to wait much longer. My I-751 nearly took 3 years so glad this was quicker!

Thank you, it gives me hope that my interview is coming. I applied under INA 319(b), don't think Houston gets those often. 
Wow, 3 years for I-751 is rough. You're on a home stretch. Very happy for you that your immigration journy is almost over. 

5 minutes ago, JSWH said:

Thank you, it gives me hope that my interview is coming. I applied under INA 319(b), don't think Houston gets those often. 
Wow, 3 years for I-751 is rough. You're on a home stretch. Very happy for you that your immigration journy is almost over. 

You are welcome. I was going to wait to do the N-400 until after I had completed the I-751 but come July, our lawyer said that submitting this would speed that up. Seemed to work. Got my permanent GC end of October. The officer was very nice and asked her supervisor if she could do my N-400 too but they didn't have the file. Surprised to get this interview so quickly after how long that took! Seems like the Houston office is moving quicker now covid has quietened down a bit here. Hopefully you'll get your interview soon😀

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
19 hours ago, Houstonapp said:

When did you apply for n-400 in Houston? Yes, you can download the interview notice in document tab.

Month/Day/Year

F2A

Married on 10/08/2012

I-130 sent on 09/15/2013

Priority day is 09/16/2013

I-130 was approved on 11/15/2013

I did wait almost 2 years for my visa available to be able to send I-485.

AOS

I-485 and I-765 were sent on 05/29/2015

USCIS Received Date June 02, 2015 

A check of $1070 was cashed by USCIS Chicago on 06/08/2015

Biometrics Appointment on July 1st, 2015

EAD is approved on August 10th 2015 (73 days)

Received EAD card on August 19th 2015

Sent renew EAD on April 9th 2016

Got interview notice on March 30th 2016

USCIS received on April 11th 2016

Interview Scheduled on May 3rd 2016

Approved on the spot - Handed print out approval notice.

Received 10 years GC in hand on May 7th 2016

N-400 

Filed online on 02/02/2021

NOA online on 02/02/2021

Received NOA in mail on 02/10/2021

Reuse Biometrics NOA online 02/19/2021

Received  in mail Reuse Biometrics NOA on  03/01/2021

Interview Scheduled on 02/17/2022

Interviewed on 03/16/2022

Oath scheduled on 03/22/2022

Took Oath on 04/02/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
15 hours ago, Houstonapp said:

You are welcome. I was going to wait to do the N-400 until after I had completed the I-751 but come July, our lawyer said that submitting this would speed that up. Seemed to work. Got my permanent GC end of October. The officer was very nice and asked her supervisor if she could do my N-400 too but they didn't have the file. Surprised to get this interview so quickly after how long that took! Seems like the Houston office is moving quicker now covid has quietened down a bit here. Hopefully you'll get your interview soon😀

If your i-751 still pending, you could not approve your n-400 until they approve your i751 first.

Month/Day/Year

F2A

Married on 10/08/2012

I-130 sent on 09/15/2013

Priority day is 09/16/2013

I-130 was approved on 11/15/2013

I did wait almost 2 years for my visa available to be able to send I-485.

AOS

I-485 and I-765 were sent on 05/29/2015

USCIS Received Date June 02, 2015 

A check of $1070 was cashed by USCIS Chicago on 06/08/2015

Biometrics Appointment on July 1st, 2015

EAD is approved on August 10th 2015 (73 days)

Received EAD card on August 19th 2015

Sent renew EAD on April 9th 2016

Got interview notice on March 30th 2016

USCIS received on April 11th 2016

Interview Scheduled on May 3rd 2016

Approved on the spot - Handed print out approval notice.

Received 10 years GC in hand on May 7th 2016

N-400 

Filed online on 02/02/2021

NOA online on 02/02/2021

Received NOA in mail on 02/10/2021

Reuse Biometrics NOA online 02/19/2021

Received  in mail Reuse Biometrics NOA on  03/01/2021

Interview Scheduled on 02/17/2022

Interviewed on 03/16/2022

Oath scheduled on 03/22/2022

Took Oath on 04/02/2022

• 7 months later...

I received my interview letter on my online account, as a PDF, on 7/22/22 but when I open it, I just get a blank screen with an error. I have tried different browsers to no avail. All other documents and previous letters open correctly, except the interview letter. Worst thing is the physical letter hasn't arrived yet and it's August 1st already. Even worse, there's no way of getting in touch with USCIS. It's ridiculous.

Screenshot 2022-08-01 000958.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-01 001018.jpg

Edited by UprootedTree

Filed: Other Timeline
7 hours ago, UprootedTree said:

I received my interview letter on my online account, as a PDF, on 7/22/22 but when I open it, I just get a blank screen with an error. I have tried different browsers to no avail. All other documents and previous letters open correctly, except the interview letter. Worst thing is the physical letter hasn't arrived yet and it's August 1st already. Even worse, there's no way of getting in touch with USCIS. It's ridiculous.

Clear the cookies, and log in again. You may also use a different browser to access it.

If you can't open it, use left click and then "open with" option in the menu.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, UprootedTree said:

Did you try using chat and saying Infopass appointment to get connected to a live person? this way you can chat and get your interview date and also mention this issue.  Note that interview letters take upto 10-14 days to arrive by mail, so in all possibility you might get the physical letter this week.  Also interviews tend to be 25-40 days out when scheduling, so there is zero chance you may have missed your appointment. 

2 hours ago, Imperium said:

Clear the cookies, and log in again. You may also use a different browser to access it.

If you can't open it, use left click and then "open with" option in the menu.

I have tried 3 browsers, clearing cookies, and right clicking to open but none of those work unfortunately 😕 But thanks for the advice :) I even tried on my cellphone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.