whateverd

I130 December 2021 filers for Parents

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Filed I130, on-line for my Mother, Dec 19, 2021. Checked today Oct 15, 2022. Stated case is still being actively reviewed since Mar 23, 2022.  Case processing time stated that my case is taking longer than expected and I do not need to take any action at this time

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

December 19th 2021 Filer. Checked today, Nov 28th, 2022. No changes since March 23rd 2022.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Ochanosono said:

Applied for my parents 

PD: 12/9/202

* Dad: Texas service center

AR: 3/10/2022

Approved: 11/2/2022

* Mom: Vermont service center 

AR: 3/10/2022

Still waiting for approval 🧐

Same applied for my mom and dad 12/17/2021

dad got approved in September but still waiting for mom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 1:39 PM, AnaBanana12345 said:

Mine says National Benefits Center. 

If your I-130 is at a National Benefits Center it will subsequently be routed to your local USCIS  office (in theory). Are your parents in the US? If yes, did you also file an I-485? Those applications typically get routed to NBC.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 7/22/2022 at 11:03 AM, chips_salsa said:

Hello everyone!

Filing I-130 - US Citizen filing for parent living abroad

26 Dec 2021: I-130 submitted online

26 Dec 2021: Receipt notice - Texas Service Center

14 Jun 2022: Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

Hoping to bring mom to United States before Christmas. We'll see how it goes. Good luck to you all. 

Well, did mom make it before Christmas?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, jakelake said:

Well, did mom make it before Christmas?

Unfortunately, no. Receipt notice 26Dec2021. Her case has been in active review since 14Jun2022. No update since then. We're waiting on I-130 only (no I-485) since she is still in Colombia. Processing times for Texas Service Center is estimated at 11.5 months for I-130 for parents of U.S. citizens (for completion of 80% of cases). The processing time tab in the portal counted down to about mid-December for estimated approval, but since then has said, "Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time." It is discouraging that they post processing times just to disappoint you when the date comes and goes without any update... 

To those on the forum who have received their approvals, congratulations! 

To those of us still waiting, I wish you luck. Our immigration system is broken. There is no reason I-130s should take so long to process by a country considered to be one of the world's superpowers. Meanwhile if I were order an Amazon package right now, it would arrive before 10am this morning. The speed is driven by money and consumerism. People and families are very low on the list of priorities for these large governments...

On 1/3/2023 at 8:30 AM, DaryaDel said:

I submitted I-485 for my mom on Dec 9th for my mom.

Biometric in Feb 2022 

RFE submitted Jun 7th and since then no new and waiting

All, just to let you know that I received notification to submit I693 ( medical exam) for my mom today. Seems the case is moving forward. Field office : Seattle

Timeline

Yesterday, January 5, 2023; Received Notice of Approval. Petition sent to NVC

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Still no update on my mom’s case 

but for my dad nvc asked the same document twice 

On December 2nd received this email 

Please submit every 2021 W-2/1099 form for R and K ”

on January 10th got this email” 

W-2/1099 - Please submit every 2021 1099 form for R and K”

but I did submit the 1099 form of mine and w2 for my husband not sure what to do now 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

There are have been a few updates to our timeline since my last post that I will share now:

I-130 filed for mom currently living in Colombia

I-130 Receipt: 26 Dec 2021 - Texas Service Center

Active Review: 14 Jun 2022

Request for initial evidence for I-130: 07 Feb 2023 - Apparently my birth certificate was filed too late, so they didn't accept it as proof that my mom is in fact my mom... We had to send my catholic baptism and confirmation records as secondary evidence.

Secondary evidence receipt notice: 12 Feb 2023

I-130 APPROVAL NOTICE!!! - 15 Feb 2023

The petition was finally approved and was sent to NVC. We were a bit worried about the birth certificate problem, but the baptism and confirmation certificates were obviously adequate for secondary evidence. Other forms of evidence are hard to obtain from that far back. Hopefully this provides insight for anyone who may have similar issues. 

This process has been a long wait. We're hoping the NVC/consular part goes more quickly. I will try to provide NVC updates as they come. 

Good luck to those still waiting! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.