whateverd

I130 December 2021 filers for Parents

36 posts in this topic

DEC 7th, 2021 : Submitted I-130

FEB 24th, 2023: I130 Approved - Yay!

Anyone knows from here till my parent can make an interview, how many month would it be? 

1/12/2019: 90- ROC filing window open
1/17/2019: Mail I-751 Package via USPS Certified Mail 
1/22/2019: Package arrived
1/28/2019: Receive case number via text message  #WACxxxxxxxxxx
2/21/2019: Call USCIS for non-delivery notice receipt
2/29/2019: Receive 18-month extension letter (2 pages)
4/30/2019: Biometric Appt
...waiting...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ilovepho said:

DEC 7th, 2021 : Submitted I-130

FEB 24th, 2023: I130 Approved - Yay!

Anyone knows from here till my parent can make an interview, how many month would it be? 

Congratulation!

Ở VN thì sau khi có case number từ NVC xong sẽ làm 6 bước. Làm 6 bước được chấp thuận hết sẽ đợi 2-3 tháng sẽ có ngày pvan.

After you got case number from NVC. You need to do CEAC (6 steps) . When your documents are qualified by NVC. You will have an interview date after that 2-3 months. Good luck

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have new updates for those still following in this forum. 

Previous steps:

26 Dec 2021: I-130 filed for mom living in Colombia

26 Dec 2021: I-130 Receipt - Texas Service Center

14 June 2022: Active Review

07 Feb 2023: Request for evidence for I-130. 

Apparently my birth certificate was filed too late after I was born, so they didn't accept it as proof that my mom is in fact my mom... We had to send my catholic baptism and confirmation records as secondary evidence.

12 Feb 2023: Secondary evidence receipt notice

15 Feb 2023: I-130 APPROVAL NOTICE!!! - Potomac Service Center

Updates:

19 Feb 2023: NVC Received Case

19 Feb 2023: DS-261/AOS Fees Paid

04 Mar 2023: Submitted Affidavit of Support documents (We waited for 2022 tax transcripts before submitting)

10 Mar 2023: Submitted Form DS-261 (We waited for my mom to renew her passport. It was going to expire soon.)

11 Mar 2023: Submitted Immigrant Visa (IV) Application

27 Mar 2023: Received notice that some documents were rejected because there were no English translations.

---This suprised us since the travel.stage.gov website specifically says: "Please note that a translation is not required for documents in the language of the country where your visa interview will take place." And: "Please note that all documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country from which you are applying, must be accompanied by certified translations." So apparently the NVC doesn't know their own policies... Doesn't suprise me. So for those who are doing this step, I would recommend that you submit English translations of your documents to avoid delays in the processing of your case. 

---Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

---Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-8-scan-collected-documents.html

31 Mar 2023: Resubmitted documents with English translations

14 Apr 2023: Documentarily Qualified!!!

So now we're waiting for the appointment letter. Does anyone know about how long before the letter is generated?

More updates to come.

Sending positive energy to you all! 

Edited by chips_salsa

Question about I-130 form 

So I am applying for my WIDOW Mother and I am confused about this part where we have to fill information about beneficiary family my father died 10 years ago and my mother never married again so should I write my deceased father name in 21a and 25a if yes then what should I write in 22 please let me know if somebody knows the answer or have filled out the form for same situation and it was accepted 

Really appreciated thank 

• 5 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.