TedBrosby

OCTOBER 2021 NVC SUBMISSIONS

238 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mamdooh 12 said:

Scary  quietness, no D Q for November  yet, good luck to anyone who waiting 

I've seen 2 people get reviewed in another thread that they're trying to get the mods to move to NVC section currently. One was from Feb 7th, the other Feb 8th.

Edited by Bat man
I messed up the dates lol

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bat man said:

I've seen 2 people get reviewed in another thread that they're trying to get the mods to move to NVC section currently. One was from Feb 7th, the other Feb 8th.

DO you mind posting the thread- it will be so helpful for all of us waiting with no updates yet. Thanks 

Just now, Greencardchicago said:

DO you mind posting the thread- it will be so helpful for all of us waiting with no updates yet. Thanks 

Also unfortunately I think one of the people who posted there posted in the wrong forum upon looking at their timeline. So 1 review from Feb 8th is all I've seen so far.

We were reviewed today and had one form rejected so back to square one :( 

We submitted our final doc on Nov 5 and added additional docs in December, January and February 

Hi everyone.

I submitted all our docs online to NVC on 15th Nov. However, I have just come to realise (through double checking my uploads myself) that for my joint sponsor's proof of domicile, I mistakenly uploaded a copy of her passport bio page. Her tax returns and wage slips are also uploaded, but under the 'Federal income tax return' section. We are SO close to our estimated DQ time now and I am kicking myself! Should I upload a second copy of the wage slips and taxes under proof of domicile now? Or wait and see if it gets an RFE. The thought of being put the back on the line at this stage is awful! Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

A member in the November thread asked the following question:

"Just a simple question.. does anyone know how many messages are we supposed to get if we are DQ? Cause I want to know what to expect when I sign into my account.. "

Can someone please give us an answer?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

I submitted by documents to NVC on 25th Jan 2021 and got an email on 9th Feb saying:

'The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.'

I have no idea how they have reviewed my documents so quickly and put me in the queue for an interview... It's worth noting mine is an EB-2 visa and they asked me to mail all my documents to NVC, my CEAC portal doesn't show any page for uploading documents.

3 hours ago, etrangais said:

A member in the November thread asked the following question:

"Just a simple question.. does anyone know how many messages are we supposed to get if we are DQ? Cause I want to know what to expect when I sign into my account.. "

Can someone please give us an answer?

I had 3 emails all received at the same time: 2 x identical stating DQ, 1 x confirming review was complete etc.

Logged in to NVC account, had 2 x messages that just say "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED" and nothing else.

Hope this helps!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ohiohopeful said:

I had 3 emails all received at the same time: 2 x identical stating DQ, 1 x confirming review was complete etc.

Logged in to NVC account, had 2 x messages that just say "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED" and nothing else.

Hope this helps!

Thank you

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
9 hours ago, chb said:

Hi everyone.

I submitted all our docs online to NVC on 15th Nov. However, I have just come to realise (through double checking my uploads myself) that for my joint sponsor's proof of domicile, I mistakenly uploaded a copy of her passport bio page. Her tax returns and wage slips are also uploaded, but under the 'Federal income tax return' section. We are SO close to our estimated DQ time now and I am kicking myself! Should I upload a second copy of the wage slips and taxes under proof of domicile now? Or wait and see if it gets an RFE. The thought of being put the back on the line at this stage is awful! Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Submit it as soon as possible, if you submit it soon, it won't reset your timeline. Otherwise it might get rejected.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Merveille said:

I’m dQ since February 2021 but I haven’t received the email yet for the interview can someone help me for??

Where's your embassy? Interview time from DQ date varies wildly depending on the consulate. Unfortunately some countries have crazy long interview wait times (i.e: Jamaica). Some places are fast: I've heard Tokyo where we are doing ours is only supposedly a 2-3 week wait. It's been two weeks and almost 5 days since we got DQ'ed, so I'm hoping it'll come any day now. 

2 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

Where's your embassy? Interview time from DQ date varies wildly depending on the consulate. Unfortunately some countries have crazy long interview wait times (i.e: Jamaica). Some places are fast: I've heard Tokyo where we are doing ours is only supposedly a 2-3 week wait. It's been two weeks and almost 5 days since we got DQ'ed, so I'm hoping it'll come any day now. 

Thank you so much my embassy is Kinshasa in democratic republic of Congo

12 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

Submit it as soon as possible, if you submit it soon, it won't reset your timeline. Otherwise it might get rejected.

Thank you! I had seen elsewhere that as soon as you submit anything it resets it all. And so didn’t know what to do. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:33 AM, chb said:

Thank you! I had seen elsewhere that as soon as you submit anything it resets it all. And so didn’t know what to do. 

I'd suggest submitting the new document ASAP before NVC reviews your case. Because once your first submission is reviewed and they ask you to submit a new document, you go back in the queue and will have to wait for another 3 - 4 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.