Vaqar Malik

Ir1 visa Islamabad embassy

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hye seniors :) 

I’m from Pakistan my spouse is Native American my interview was done in this year july but they’ve put me in AP because I guess of age gap but after three months of My interview the embassy send email to my wife there for having her interview after four days she got her interview the interview was fine enough in good environment even the CO asked my wife once your husband arrived there what he’s gonna do i mean they asked about the work she answer what i wanted to do well the interview go through for 45 minutes almost and after interview my case was updated and now its been a month embassy didn’t answer anything even we send inquire one time they reply the same so what we can expect after all this situation..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

what to expect is for the case to go thru extended security checks for Pakistan

some take a few months and some a year (even more)

all u can do is wait as Pakistan is known for  poor record keeping 

there is no way to speed up this leg of the process

and for many of our countries it is important to have a plan to study or work so knowing that answer was good

best to u both

Timeline
21 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

and for many of our countries it is important to have a plan to study or work so knowing that answer was good

best to u both

So if this is a positive sign of getting my wife interview also ?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

best to u both

And what are they checking if they will go to some departments ? Or come to my home?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Vaqar Malik said:

And what are they checking if they will go to some departments ? Or come to my home?

Anything is possible.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

49 minutes ago, Vaqar Malik said:

So if this is a positive sign of getting my wife interview also ?

No.  It is quite unusual for a USC spouse to be interviewed stateside separately.  There are obviously questions about the legitimacy of your marriage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think she was interviewed in Pakistan?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I think she was interviewed in Pakistan?

Either way, a separately arranged and conducted interview of the spouse is never a good sign.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

Either way, a separately arranged and conducted interview of the spouse is never a good sign.

True

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

u say there is a big age gap and this is what u must overcome to show the relationship is real

it will be up to the CO to deny or approve

but if you go thru a denial , u may have to do what i did

spend as much time together and reapply

none of us know what will happen in your case /we just don't know / the CO must follow guidelines 

did they keep your passport or ask u to send it to the embassy?

did they ask u to send any additional documents?

did u have to fill out the ds 5535?

13 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

u say there is a big age gap and this is what u must overcome to show the relationship is real

it will be up to the CO to deny or approve

but if you go thru a denial , u may have to do what i did

spend as much time together and reapply

none of us know what will happen in your case /we just don't know / the CO must follow guidelines 

did they keep your passport or ask u to send it to the embassy?

did they ask u to send any additional documents?

did u have to fill out the ds 5535?

OP's previous post where he became rude and argumentative and apparently did not want our help.

2 hours ago, Vaqar Malik said:

Hye seniors :) 

I’m from Pakistan my spouse is Native American my interview was done in this year july but they’ve put me in AP because I guess of age gap but after three months of My interview the embassy send email to my wife there for having her interview after four days she got her interview the interview was fine enough in good environment even the CO asked my wife once your husband arrived there what he’s gonna do i mean they asked about the work she answer what i wanted to do well the interview go through for 45 minutes almost and after interview my case was updated and now its been a month embassy didn’t answer anything even we send inquire one time they reply the same so what we can expect after all this situation..

OP, you received a lot of feedback in your previous thread.  I doubt you will hear anything new in this thread.

You chose to marry someone more than twice your age, who cannot have children.  We don't doubt that she "doesn't look" 55, but that is irrelevant.  Your marriage is outside the cultural norm and expectation for Pakistan, and she spent years sending you money.  There is no way around the fact that your marriage 100% looks like a green card marriage, which is why you now find yourself in AP.

I would not be surprised if your AP lasts years actually.  Hopefully it does not, but I can't see you getting an immigrant visa anytime soon.  Did she move to Pakistan to live with you there?  If you want to be together, this may be the only choice you have.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

OP's previous post where he became rude and argumentative and apparently did not want our help.

i know but trying to stay positive as i often come out the wrong way

Timeline
12 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

OP, you received a lot of feedback in your previous thread.  I doubt you will hear anything new in this thread.

You chose to marry someone more than twice your age, who cannot have children.  We don't doubt that she "doesn't look" 55, but that is irrelevant.  Your marriage is outside the cultural norm and expectation for Pakistan, and she spent years sending you money.  There is no way around the fact that your marriage 100% looks like a green card marriage, which is why you now find yourself in AP.

I would not be surprised if your AP lasts years actually.  Hopefully it does not, but I can't see you getting an immigrant visa anytime soon.  Did she move to Pakistan to live with you there?  If you want to be together, this may be the only choice you have.

This is not about the age gap this is about the right person for you … and i know i am from Pakistan we dont have a good image but sometimes people should’ve understand this is about the 2 life staying together they understand each other and if she can’t give me babies they are alot of more solutions or who knows maybe i can not have babies its not every time age 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

I heard they don’t interview everyone like that so its a positive sign because they are double checking everything like if the marriage is real

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.