ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Another change to today as "Last updated" on CEAC today, but still refused.

It’s a good sign, let’s hope you get issue soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

That sounds very very promising!!  Sending positive vibes your way!!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

This does in fact look like good sign! Hopefully turned to issued any day now!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

57 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I hope it's good news. If you submitted your inquiry with your Congressman like you planned, it's probably an update because the Consulate answered them and you should hear back from your rep with the more formal generic email (as always). However, it's not about whether you got an important answer back or not, hopefully the fact that you got the Congressman involved and made the Consulate respond will initiate the Consulate to look at your case again if they had forgotten about it.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

I hope it's good news. If you submitted your inquiry with your Congressman like you planned, it's probably an update because the Consulate answered them and you should hear back from your rep with the more formal generic email (as always). However, it's not about whether you got an important answer back or not, hopefully the fact that you got the Congressman involved and made the Consulate respond will initiate the Consulate to look at your case again if they had forgotten about it.

Yeah this is about the best I can hope for at this point. 

26 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Yeah this is about the best I can hope for at this point. 

I think it’s really something good because my case was updated 3 days in a row last month and a month later at least the case changed the status.

Edited by Federico

12 minutes ago, GraceFace33 said:

OMG ISSUED!!!!! I am the one at the top of the spreadsheet. Leading the pack with 168 days since interview and I can’t believe it I’m crying!!! 

Here is a quick timeline since the interview:

Sep 3-interview 

Sep 28- case status update with email request for additional court records (sent next day)

Oct 8 - case status update 

Oct-Dec - I sent email inquiries every other week, received copy pasted responses to about 50% of them. 
Jan 2- submitted a public inquiry 

Jan 5 - received a specific response asking for clarification on a court record (responded right away) 

Jan 18 - Case status update
Feb 2- Put request in with Congresswoman to inquire and let them know our medical exam expires in 4 weeks.

Feb 7 - Congress office sent inquiry 

Feb 10- case status update 

Feb 11- case status update and specific follow up question sent to Congress in reply to inquiry (sent answers right away. Asked Congress to follow up again on inquiry letting the consulate know we sent answers and our medical now expires in 2 weeks. 

Feb 14- case status update 

Feb 15-case status update 

Feb 16- case status update 

Feb 17 - ISSUED AP

Feb 18 - ISSUED FP and tracking email sent. 

This is the craziest thing I’ve ever experienced! We will be getting the passport literally days before the medical expires! 

my overall tip: for us contacting the congresswoman directly impacted our case and brought movement. So I suggest all do this. It may also depend on your state though. Our office was extremely helpful and quick to inquire. 

thank you @Danii for everything!  Good luck everyone. Especially @ice-qube. If I we got ours before the medical expired, so can you! 

Congratulations!

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Redie said:

That sounds very very promising!!  Sending positive vibes your way!!

Let's hope this is a move towards the end of this journey! Wishing you the best! 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, GraceFace33 said:

OMG ISSUED!!!!! I am the one at the top of the spreadsheet. Leading the pack with 168 days since interview and I can’t believe it I’m crying!!! 

Sep 3-interview 

Sep 28- case status update with email request for additional court records (sent next day)

Oct-Dec - I sent email inquiries every other week, received copy pasted responses to about 50% of them. 

Jan 5 - received a specific response asking for clarification on a court record (responded right away) 

Feb 2- Put request in with Congresswoman to inquire and let them know our medical exam expires in 4 weeks.

Feb 11- case status update and specific follow up question sent to Congress in reply to inquiry (sent answers right away. Asked Congress to follow up again on inquiry letting the consulate know we sent answers and our medical now expires in 2 weeks. 

Feb 17 - ISSUED AP

This is the craziest thing I’ve ever experienced! We will be getting the passport literally days before the medical expires! 

my overall tip: for us contacting the congresswoman directly impacted our case and brought movement. So I suggest all do this. It may also depend on your state though. Our office was extremely helpful and quick to inquire. 

thank you @Danii for everything!  Good luck everyone. Especially @ice-qube. If I we got ours before the medical expired, so can you! 

Congratulations!! So happy for you!! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

Happy Friday all! Another week almost done 😞 

hope we get some miracles today. 

PS don’t expect updates on Monday since it’s Presidents’ Day holiday 

Happy Family Day long weekend to those who are in Ontario! Great to see movement/updates on some cases this week...excited to hopefully see issued status for you all with recent updates, come Tuesday! 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, GraceFace33 said:

Sep 3-interview 

Feb 17 - ISSUED AP

Congrats @GraceFace33! I am so happy for you that it has worked out in your favour, just before the clock ran out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.