TJ66

October 2021 I-130 Filers

345 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Fabio R S said:

Actually, I just checked the Documents tab on the USCIS site and it already has the approval notice in pdf!!!

The case status still says "Under Review" but I confirmed with my lawyer and my petition was actually approved!

Oooh yay that's amazing!!! Congratulations! :) 

On 12/15/2021 at 12:39 AM, amu24 said:

Hi everyone, just joining this thread!

I-130 Filed (online): October 1st, 2021

NOA1: October 1st, 2021 from Nebraska Service Center. 

Checked in a while back and at that time it had been transferred to the Texas Service Center. 

Haven't heard anything else yet.

Fingers crossed for speedy news for everyone! 

I filed on October 3 online and it went to the Texas Service Center. Now it's been transferred to the Nebraska Service Center. 180 degrees out from yours.   Maybe this is a game they play to entertain themselves.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:26 AM, ArethisPT said:

Same here, PD 14th October, Actively Reviewing 26th October, still nothing at CSC.

So, a dumb question.  When I go to check the status of our case, I use that button on the USCIS page and enter the receipt number. I always get told my case was received and a receipt was issued, nothing else.  Given its January 2022 and people submitting after we did are being actively reviewed, and we apparently are not.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dave Knapp said:

So, a dumb question.  When I go to check the status of our case, I use that button on the USCIS page and enter the receipt number. I always get told my case was received and a receipt was issued, nothing else.  Given its January 2022 and people submitting after we did are being actively reviewed, and we apparently are not.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

From the info I see on forums, being actively reviewed right after the receipt doesn't really mean much, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've seen lots of ppl wait 5-6 months for the next update even after being  actively reviewed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/7/2022 at 1:01 PM, Fabio R S said:

Actually, I just checked the Documents tab on the USCIS site and it already has the approval notice in pdf!!!

The case status still says "Under Review" but I confirmed with my lawyer and my petition was actually approved!

Another update: 

My I-130 case changed to "Under Review" on 01/06 and was updated to "Approved" on 01/07.

This morning, I received the "Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation" email from the NVC and paid both fees. Looks like things are moving along quicker than expected :)

5 hours ago, Fabio R S said:

Another update: 

My I-130 case changed to "Under Review" on 01/06 and was updated to "Approved" on 01/07.

This morning, I received the "Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation" email from the NVC and paid both fees. Looks like things are moving along quicker than expected :)

Congrats! Super speedy for you!  Still just "case received and a receipt notice was sent" over here...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
5 hours ago, Fabio R S said:

Another update: 

Did you file online or by mail?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey,

we filed for I-130 in October.

NOA1 is 20OCT2021 and so far no progress.

The petition is filed for me and also our children (2&4).

Lets see how long it takes.

My husband had to leave now to actually build up the domicile and its hard. Kids are asking when daddy comes back or when we can go there.

The current process timelines are just a nightmare thought being separated so long.

What is this “ask Emma” i was reading about here a few times already? I saw some asking if expedite would be possible or current case progress through Emma.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, amu24 said:

No, I haven't yet. (Last time I checked mine was in Texas).

how do you ask Emma which service center you're at?

my online access letter says Vermont but the welcome letter has the Texas Center.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, J&R_NY said:

how do you ask Emma which service center you're at?

my online access letter says Vermont but the welcome letter has the Texas Center.

First step is find Ask Emma,  i found Firefox did not work for that.   But with Safari just start at the main USCIS page and start scrolling down, and the Ask Emma will show up in the top right corner.   2nd you will want to do this during East Coast business hours.    And as I found on Which service center was my i-130 filed online sent to,  saying Live Chat, then selecting case status,  it will prompt you for your case number, and then connect you.  somewhere in that list you also say you are "trying to find out what service center has your case".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 11/5/2021 at 12:23 AM, Fabio R S said:

Filed I-130 via mail on 10/04 and got NOA1 a couple of weeks later. The USCIS receipt showed Texas Service Center but I contacted Ask Emma and learned that my case was transferred to Vermont.

Also filed K3 as soon as we received NOA1 and it is also being processed in Vermont.

Hey I am just finding out about K3.  Is that processing time much quicker?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.