OverThePond

Medical or Interveiw first?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Found out on CEAC website that my case is ready at London embassy 

What do I do first, Medical or Interview? Thank you.

Edited by OverThePond

1 minute ago, OverThePond said:

Do the medical, I had mine today and booked interview for 4th Nov so a good 5 working days for medical to be sent over to the embassy. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, A&C2020 said:

Do the medical, I had mine today and booked interview for 4th Nov so a good 5 working days for medical to be sent over to the embassy. 

How was it? x

Defs medical first. There is no reason not to and it is one less thing to delay the issuing of your visa.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, OverThePond said:

Here’s my suggestion for London K1s

I would suggest:

1. Submit DS-160.
  2. Gather documents. (for interview as well as documents for medical appointment). You don't want a looming appointment if you hit a hiccup and won't have what you need for the appointment. 
  3. Book your medical date by calling the clinic. 020 7486 7822. 
  4. Book the courier, pay, and pick an interview date all at the same time on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. Select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment”, whether you have the letter or not.  Leave 5-7 calendar days between medical and interview for best results.
  5. Attend your medical.
  6. Attend your interview.

Gather documents step is important. See lists:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

And do read all the information and FAQs on the embassy website instructions. Don't assume you picked up everything you need to know in the K1 threads. Each embassy does things in their own way.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Here’s my suggestion for London K1s

I would suggest:

1. Submit DS-160.
  2. Gather documents. (for interview as well as documents for medical appointment). You don't want a looming appointment if you hit a hiccup and won't have what you need for the appointment. 
  3. Book your medical date by calling the clinic. 020 7486 7822. 
  4. Book the courier, pay, and pick an interview date all at the same time on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. Select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment”, whether you have the letter or not.  Leave 5-7 calendar days between medical and interview for best results.
  5. Attend your medical.
  6. Attend your interview.

Gather documents step is important. See lists:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

And do read all the information and FAQs on the embassy website instructions. Don't assume you picked up everything you need to know in the K1 threads. Each embassy does things in their own way.

Thank you for all of this!! Major help!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, OverThePond said:

Thank you for all of this!! Major help!!

You’re welcome. And in case you don’t know, there is a UK forum on here where you can ask London specific questions.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, OverThePond said:

Definitely do the medical first.  Best of luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
16 hours ago, OverThePond said:

If you do medical first and for some other reason they reject you you will lose an additional 400 euros

Edited by Sagior

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sagior said:

If you do medical first and for some other reason they reject you you will lose an additional 400 euros

Chance of rejection is low, especially for UK.  Only if the relationship is not genuine or the UK fiance has some condition or history that makes him/her ineligible.  Hopefully the OP will know if this will be the case.

Chance of delaying the issuance of the visa is 100% if the medical is taken after the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
4 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Chance of rejection is low, especially for UK.  Only if the relationship is not genuine or the UK fiance has some condition or history that makes him/her ineligible.  Hopefully the OP will know if this will be the case.

Chance of delaying the issuance of the visa is 100% if the medical is taken after the interview.

In my wife's I-130 case in a Consulate of Europe, the visa approval note was mailed to my wife one week after medical exam. If the doctor responds fast there is not delay. In any case, good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.