11 posts in this topic

SO I completed the I130 for my husband, recently an old fling told him that the child that she has is his. On the DS260 when asked about kids, should we indicate such information that wasn't on the I130. Or leave it alone and when he comes hear, if it is his child and the other parent is in agreement and file for the child. We planned doing a DNA test also. We filed in July; no movement with our case yet, still saying case was received and receipt notice was sent. I was also pregnant and included pregnancy paperwork however the pregnancy was loss 1 month prior to filing but  I still included it as proof that we consummate our marriage. I did write a swear statement that the pregnancy was no more. It's a sensitive topic and wondering if they will request proof that the pregnancy doesn't exist.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i would get that DNA test now NOW 

trying to add a child later becomes very difficult if u did not claim one on the petition or ds 260

u can't protest that u didn't know about this child/ you've been told one exists 

Get it done / then u know 

NVC does the income part of this so they could ask about loosing the baby (for income purposes) if income is marginal (like for 2 instead of 3)

and very sorry for your loss 

14 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

i would get that DNA test now NOW 

trying to add a child later becomes very difficult if u did not claim one on the petition or ds 260

u can't protest that u didn't know about this child/ you've been told one exists 

Get it done / then u know 

NVC does the income part of this so they could ask about loosing the baby (for income purposes) if income is marginal (like for 2 instead of 3)

and very sorry for your loss 

Thank you, so even if the child wasn't added at the time of the petition, we can still add the child during the NVC process when we get there? Would this cause delay?

It's probably still a while till your petition gets approved so do the DNA test now and if it is his child than add it on the DS-260. You can always explain the circumstances. Couldn't list what you didn't knew but now that you know you have to list the child.

48 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

It's probably still a while till your petition gets approved so do the DNA test now and if it is his child than add it on the DS-260. You can always explain the circumstances. Couldn't list what you didn't knew but now that you know you have to list the child.

The child is young, will this bring on infidelity questions?

56 minutes ago, InpatientSpouse said:

It might. Or it might not. But even if I bet you won't be the first ones and the IO is not gonna base a decision on this alone. If asked at the interview your husband should answer honest and explain but don't volunteer information of not asked.

51 minutes ago, InpatientSpouse said:

Young enough to have been conceived after you were already married?  If so, then yes, it is possible that the consul officer may suspect that the child and mother is his "real" family and that he may just be using you to get a GC.  Hopefully you have lots of strong evidence of bona fide relationship to overcome that suspicion.  Sorry to hear about your loss.  Unfortunately, your pregnancy may not be enough evidence.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, InpatientSpouse said:

Thank you, so even if the child wasn't added at the time of the petition, we can still add the child during the NVC process when we get there? Would this cause delay?

Depends on what you mean by "add".  To bring the child to the USA, you would need to file a separate I-130 for the child and then wait for it to catch up at NVC before proceeding.  If you are only concerned about correct paperwork, then provide the child's information on the DS260 when asked.  If ever asked about the discrepancy between I-130 and DS 260, tell the truth.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 hours ago, Chancy said:

Young enough to have been conceived after you were already married?  If so, then yes, it is possible that the consul officer may suspect that the child and mother is his "real" family and that he may just be using you to get a GC.  Hopefully you have lots of strong evidence of bona fide relationship to overcome that suspicion.  Sorry to hear about your loss.  Unfortunately, your pregnancy may not be enough evidence.

would be interesting to know what country /embassy this is from post we have been reading lately

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.