Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, kkeys said:

Just wanted to pop back on here and say hello again! 

I am officially in USA as of Jan 27th. 

Crossing went super well, and I'm adjusting well here. 

My SSN came pretty quick as well! 

I still have all intents to make a longer post about my interview and so on, but just have been so slammed with life the past few months ! 

that’s awesome! we will be crossing on wednesday! ☺️ 

did you cross by land or plane? if by land, how did that  process go exactly? i’m just so nervous i’m missing something important which i know is silly being that my husband has his visa lol 

Timeline
1 hour ago, NYQC said:

that’s awesome! we will be crossing on wednesday! ☺️ 

did you cross by land or plane? if by land, how did that  process go exactly? i’m just so nervous i’m missing something important which i know is silly being that my husband has his visa lol 

Land crossing! Through Maine (it begins with a P...I can't remember right now...lol) .. I came from NS and through NB and then crossed. 

It went well overall, there was a small hiccup but it was nothing I could control. Somehow there was 2 copies of my application in their system exactly the same, so he spent about an hour calling around for me to figure out what the deal was. I was stressing cause I didn't know what was happening til afterwards. 

They needed my marriage certificate which I had, but had to dig to find it in the car, as well as my passport. I was not importing my car so I had a letter from GM saying I could have it there with me. 

I saw people say to put a pack list of your stuff, but I didn't. I didn't have a ton. Clothes vacuumed sealed on top in a cargo carrier, and then the back of my SUV with 'stuff' in Ikea zipper bags (loved this for organizing and packing, way better than boxes!!!) 

I also had my cat with me and had paperwork for him of his shots and health but the agent didn't want to see it. 

They were able to update my address for me as my husband has moved since and it was good cause I got my SSN. 

Edited by kkeys

20 hours ago, ShawnK said:

Just checking in, did anyone with a Nov dq date get an interview letter? Last we heard was a Nov 9 individual. 

On their consulate page they state as of Feb 1 they are working on Nov Dq people.

They’ve started December ones already. I guess by Feb 1, they completed all the nov ones. 

Timeline

I got my IL as well. I DQ'd on Nov 17th and my interview is April 27th.

I read on this forum that the Police Certificate is only valid for 1 year. My certificate was dated April 22nd, so I'm just over 1 year until my interview. Additionally, my printer had an "accident" when I was scanning the document and I managed to get some ink on the original so it is slightly damaged. I am wondering if it makes sense to get an updated police certificate as a result of the above.

If I show up with an old an a new police certificate, would that be an issue? Or is it recommended that I just bring the original in whatever state is it in right now

My wife got an RCMP police certificate issued in January 2022, but due to two incompetent lawyers, she wasn't able to get DQ'ed until December 2022, and her interview is April 2023. We did get a second police certificate issued in June, but we never submitted it to the NVC because our lawyer did not advise us to. How can we avoid having problems with the police certificate? Is it enough to bring the more recent police certificate to the interview?

Timeline
19 hours ago, Superluminal said:

I got my IL as well. I DQ'd on Nov 17th and my interview is April 27th.

I read on this forum that the Police Certificate is only valid for 1 year. My certificate was dated April 22nd, so I'm just over 1 year until my interview. Additionally, my printer had an "accident" when I was scanning the document and I managed to get some ink on the original so it is slightly damaged. I am wondering if it makes sense to get an updated police certificate as a result of the above.

If I show up with an old an a new police certificate, would that be an issue? Or is it recommended that I just bring the original in whatever state is it in right now

I would get a new one and bring both to your interview. I don't see how that would be a problem, whereas there is a possibility that they would delay your approval if you bring a document that they don't deem valid! (I hope it wouldn't be the case, but better safe than sorry!)

Timeline
8 hours ago, gyongyhaju said:

My wife got an RCMP police certificate issued in January 2022, but due to two incompetent lawyers, she wasn't able to get DQ'ed until December 2022, and her interview is April 2023. We did get a second police certificate issued in June, but we never submitted it to the NVC because our lawyer did not advise us to. How can we avoid having problems with the police certificate? Is it enough to bring the more recent police certificate to the interview?

I haven't had my interview yet, but based on what I've read from this forum, I don't think that it would be an issue! I'm pretty sure I've seen people present updated or new documents at their interview. (And I did see people being delayed after they sent the NVC new documents at a later date.) I hope someone who's already had their interview can chime in, but I wouldn't worry. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/15/2023 at 1:38 PM, RGKhela said:

@Hawk Riders Can you please add my case to the excel too

DQed on 14/2 

You'll have to fill out your timeline before @Hawk Riders will add you to the spreadsheet.  

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=361333

Congrats to those who got interview letters! 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Hey folks 

With all the stories in this thread of people not getting the right type of police certificate, I'm thinking of pre-emptively applying for the RCMP certificate... Does anyone know if this document has a particular validity or can only be done after a particular stage of the process for eg. during NVC processing?

Thank you

Timeline
4 hours ago, ind2can said:

Hey folks 

With all the stories in this thread of people not getting the right type of police certificate, I'm thinking of pre-emptively applying for the RCMP certificate... Does anyone know if this document has a particular validity or can only be done after a particular stage of the process for eg. during NVC processing?

Thank you

I thought I remembered that the RCMP certificate is valid for one year, but this page says “Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.