Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, hilaryb said:

Hi all, had my interview on Wednesday and was approved. Ceac tracker is still saying “ready” and the visainfo portal says “appointment”. Is this normal? This process has conditioned me to worry about every little thing, and fear for the worst lol. Hoping for an update today so I can set my move date in stone 

I had mine on Tuesday, as well as someone else I know. Ours all changed to Issued later that afternoon. Our visa info says “appointment” still as well. My CO did say it wouldn’t be printed until next week though.

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
54 minutes ago, ClemsonC said:

I had mine on Tuesday, as well as someone else I know. Ours all changed to Issued later that afternoon. Our visa info says “appointment” still as well. My CO did say it wouldn’t be printed until next week though.

Good to know - thank you! I wonder if all of ours will be printed at once. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, hilaryb said:

Good to know - thank you! I wonder if all of ours will be printed at once. 

I just got shipping notification that its been sent. Hopefully Tuesday you will get one too ❤️ 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
On 10/7/2022 at 7:38 PM, ClemsonC said:

I just got shipping notification that its been sent. Hopefully Tuesday you will get one too ❤️ 

Woohoo!! Happy for you!! I did have to submit an amended tax return at my interview, it dawned on me that might cause a delay in my processing. Just praying I don’t get shoved into a stack and forgotten about. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, hilaryb said:

Woohoo!! Happy for you!! I did have to submit an amended tax return at my interview, it dawned on me that might cause a delay in my processing. Just praying I don’t get shoved into a stack and forgotten about. 

It shouldn't, I don't think. Does it still say READY on CEAC?

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline

I'm sure there's sooooo many guides around online and even on here... but does anyone have a reliable link to what I need to bring to my interview?

Do I need my joint sponsors original birth certificates? Do I need my joint sponsors/original sponsors original tax forms? 

Slowly going into panic mode in anticipation of this interview 🥴

Also, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving friends ❤️ Very thankful to have all of you and your expertise and support going through this together. 

Timeline
On 10/9/2022 at 2:25 PM, kkeys said:

I'm sure there's sooooo many guides around online and even on here... but does anyone have a reliable link to what I need to bring to my interview?

Do I need my joint sponsors original birth certificates? Do I need my joint sponsors/original sponsors original tax forms? 

Slowly going into panic mode in anticipation of this interview 🥴

Also, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving friends ❤️ Very thankful to have all of you and your expertise and support going through this together. 

Just a copy of the joint sponsors birth certificate is fine.

Same with the tax return.

The consulates website has a list of what’s needed 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
On 10/9/2022 at 2:18 PM, ClemsonC said:

It shouldn't, I don't think. Does it still say READY on CEAC?

Still says ‘ready’ now after a week…not feeling too optimistic it will change without some form of inquiry. Have seen folks in this thread have to contact their state senator in similar cases to get things moving.

Timeline
On 10/6/2022 at 12:27 PM, mam521 said:

No, it will have no influence because it is explicitly stated in the directions not to make plans to leave Canada or begin your life in the USA until your visa is in hand.  It's frustrating, but it is what it is.  

Thank you @mam521 that makes sense, very frustrating but nothing more we can do.

On 10/12/2022 at 9:44 AM, hilaryb said:

Still says ‘ready’ now after a week…not feeling too optimistic it will change without some form of inquiry. Have seen folks in this thread have to contact their state senator in similar cases to get things moving.

@hilaryb Is the CEAC tracker working for you now? The page doesn't update when I click submit.

Timeline
3 hours ago, cantous said:

Thank you @mam521 that makes sense, very frustrating but nothing more we can do.

@hilaryb Is the CEAC tracker working for you now? The page doesn't update when I click submit.

It has been working for me since a couple hours ago now. Still no status update though 😪

Timeline

So yesterday I sent an email to the consulate inquiring about my case status on CEAC still saying ‘ready’ after over a week past my interview. Around 7:30 this morning I received a phone call - it was my interviewing officer. He told me that I can check to see that my status has been changed to ‘received’ (he meant ‘issued’, I assume?), that there is nothing else I need to do, my case is now undergoing administrative processing and I will get my visa ‘when it is ready’….yay?? I guess I was just a little thrown off by the phone call as I don’t think I’ve heard of that from anyone here before. I would like to assume that maybe they legitimately skipped over me and felt bad? Haha. Montreal certainly has cryptic ways about them. But anyway, CEAC tracker has been updated from READY to REFUSED and I expect to see it change to ISSUED AP later today. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, hilaryb said:

So yesterday I sent an email to the consulate inquiring about my case status on CEAC still saying ‘ready’ after over a week past my interview. Around 7:30 this morning I received a phone call - it was my interviewing officer. He told me that I can check to see that my status has been changed to ‘received’ (he meant ‘issued’, I assume?), that there is nothing else I need to do, my case is now undergoing administrative processing and I will get my visa ‘when it is ready’….yay?? I guess I was just a little thrown off by the phone call as I don’t think I’ve heard of that from anyone here before. I would like to assume that maybe they legitimately skipped over me and felt bad? Haha. Montreal certainly has cryptic ways about them. But anyway, CEAC tracker has been updated from READY to REFUSED and I expect to see it change to ISSUED AP later today. 

Still, I can’t help feeling wary of the fact I was contacted by phone….anyone have any insight to help put my mind at ease?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rabid Squirrel said:

Finally received my Visa. 

Purolator dropped it off today. 

My interview was on Oct 12.

Spousal Visa

A few thoughts for you…

• We didn’t use a lawyer as our case was pretty straightforward. We can be quite detail oriented. It can be done without legal counsel, nonetheless, choose what fits your unique situation best.

• The time between when the consulate gets your file and when you are notified that your appointment is booked is excruciating. Mentally, that limbo takes more than you’d expect. 

• I decided to add a joint sponsor. My primary sponsors income was slightly less than ideal, however we had plenty of cash (in a US bank account) to easily be within the guidelines. Even still, I wanted an airtight case. Problem was that when I went to upload the joint sponsor CEAC no longer provided that option. A slight panic set in. Really, there is no hope in contacting the consulate as CEAC tells you to when you are in that situation. Believe me, I tried relentlessly. Yet, there was no need for alarm. I brought the original completed Form I-864, Tax Form 1040 and joints proof of citizenship (passport photocopy) to the interview. This worked without a problem

• You will be at the consulate waiting for hours. I planned for 1/2 a day. Bring a paperback book or a sudoku (I wish I did). One guy only paid for 1hr of parking. He said he would just have to pay whatever parking fine he incurred. 

• The building security is not playing around. They stick to their guns. No, you can’t bring in your laptop bag, even without a laptop. No you can’t bring in your massive diaper bag. No you cannot bring in any electronic devices. No they will not let you enter the building 1/2hr early. In my short time I watched people try all of this. 

• Aside from administrative questions (identity and addresses etc…) here is what I was asked.
    • Where and when did you meet your spouse? 
    • Do you have children?
    • What are their DOBs? 
    • Where have I traveled outside the US and Canada in the past 5 years?
    • What has been my longest stay in the US? 

• Purolator isn’t great. I was surprised to see that my envelope was picked up from the embassy the next day. The expected delivery was the day after that (to western Canada) Wow!  But the expected delivery date didn’t mean much. The package sat in Montreal for 3 days, stalled. Hey, we are a group of people who have some experience waiting. Right? 

Hang in there folks! 

When the immigration officer said….

“I’m approving your visa. Tell your kids that you are coming home. You will receive your documents within 2 weeks.”

It was an amazing feeling. 

Hope this post helps someone ease their mind. 

I can't wait to feel the relief you feel. The past three weeks have been me imagining crazy scenarios where I'm denied lol. Just a bit over 2 weeks to go. Today the montreal doctor office cancelled on me. Thought I was gonna have a heart attack. Luckily De Mascarenhas had some place this week.

I can't believe people show up to the US immigration interview without a marriage certificate... you spent 2 years through this dog and pony show and drop the ball at the final event.  

Timeline

The montreal doctor cancelled on me so only one I could find before my interview is Dr Mascarenhas in toronto. He requires a Vaccine checklist signed by a doctor. The problem is I don't have a family doctor. All walk in clinic are not taking appointments. I contacted my telemedecine provider and they told me this needs to go to an immigration doctor. What do I do??? Is Dr mascarenhas flexible and will accept my quebec immunization record extract ? Has anyone gotten cleared by him with it? Can a pharmacist attest? They did my shots. Please help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.