Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/17/2022 at 2:28 PM, ToddD said:

Do they provide any status updates or communication? I only know it was delivered from the UPS tracking. They have her passport and seems almost illegal the US Consulate can keep a passport for months and impact her ability to travel for their random pace. 

If you regularly check your visa application status, you may notice after a few days that it still says "refused", but has a new date which probably will correspond to the date they opened your UPS package.  Like someone else said, expect to wait more than a month from this point before they approve the visa or ask for more documents.

Timeline
On 6/10/2022 at 3:24 PM, Dpaget21 said:

I had read on here they were only valid for 1 year which mine were completed 1/20/2021   

and now when I log in this is what is says.   It used to say Accepted and Complete.   

NVC2.PNG

NVC1.PNG

Same happened to us when I uploaded the police record and it was accepted before. I uploaded it again and we still had the interview as scheduled. There was no other mention of it. My suggestion is to upload it again, assuming it is still fairly current and it will be fine. 

I had my interview on 5/27/22, at the end of the interview the agent said everything looks good, but I needed to submit an official copy of the petitioner’s birth certificate. I submitted the official birth certificate by courier and it was delivered on 5/30/22. My status was updated to refused on 6/1/22. I contacted the consulate and reported to that I had confirmation that the requested birth certificate was received by them in 5/30/22. They responded that they still don’t have the birth certificate, but that does not mean they have not received it just that it had not been processed. It is now three weeks later and my status still says latest updated 6/1/22 and refused but under administrative review. I am getting worried that it is taking so long for them to update my status. Is this long time unusual or par of the course for the Montreal consulate?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Anthony35 said:

Is this long time unusual or par of the course for the Montreal consulate?

AP varies per case. This one should be easy, resolving a document delay, but the consulate is notoriously slow.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Anthony35 said:

I had my interview on 5/27/22, at the end of the interview the agent said everything looks good, but I needed to submit an official copy of the petitioner’s birth certificate. I submitted the official birth certificate by courier and it was delivered on 5/30/22. My status was updated to refused on 6/1/22. I contacted the consulate and reported to that I had confirmation that the requested birth certificate was received by them in 5/30/22. They responded that they still don’t have the birth certificate, but that does not mean they have not received it just that it had not been processed. It is now three weeks later and my status still says latest updated 6/1/22 and refused but under administrative review. I am getting worried that it is taking so long for them to update my status. Is this long time unusual or par of the course for the Montreal consulate?

Thanks in advance.

No, unfortunately it is not unusual. When documents MTL wants are missing at the time of interview and sent to them later, it takes usually about 45 - 60 days to process and issue the visa.

You haven’t indicated what visa class you are. It is unusual for MTL to ask for petitioner’s original birth certificate for IR1/CR1 (I assumed that’s what you meant by official?) unless petitioner is the child of the applicant (IR5 visa).

I wasn’t asked for even a photocopy, but yeah, knowing MTL’s delays with any missing document, I carried any and every document with me to the interview that they could possibly ask. So I carried my Petitioner’s original birth certificate with me to the interview. But it wasn’t asked for.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline

Hello there,

I've been a long time lurker on this forum but need some help, my police certificate was rejected by NVC. I really thought I had the right document after reviewing the FAQ. This is police certificate I uploaded and was rejected - can someone point me to an example of the correct one?

Police Certificate.PNG

Timeline
1 hour ago, M.Knaebel said:

Hello there,

I've been a long time lurker on this forum but need some help, my police certificate was rejected by NVC. I really thought I had the right document after reviewing the FAQ. This is police certificate I uploaded and was rejected - can someone point me to an example of the correct one?

Police Certificate.PNG

That's strange.  That's identical to the one I used.  Perhaps the name or birth date was slightly different than on your ID?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Family One said:

That's strange.  That's identical to the one I used.  Perhaps the name or birth date was slightly different than on your ID?

Nope, I just double checked the details. Birthdate & name spelling is correct.

Any suggestions on what to do? Should I just resubmit the same document and wait it out again?

The note from NVC said it wanted one from a correct issuing authority... I double checked and CEAC does show Montreal, Canada, so I really don't know. Unfortunately their phone lines are down so I'm not sure what to do.

Exact language:

"Please replace this with an acceptable police certificate from a correct issuing authority"

Timeline
2 hours ago, M.Knaebel said:

Hello there,

Police Certificate.PNG

There is nothing wrong with your police certificate. So annoying of NVC to reject it, and yes, I heard they are not taking calls right now….

1. Check if you are not missing something on your end:

a) you need police certificates for Canada in every name you have ever held. So if you have changed your name at any point, you will need police certificates in old and new names.

b) check if you are missing any police certificates from other countries.

2. If you are not missing anything, I suggest emailing NVC. There is several months backlog in them reviewing their emails.

3. simultaneously, reupload the same police certificates on CEAC. If it is possible to put a comment somewhere on ceac, do so explaining you checked and the police certificate is correct police certificate from the relevant authority. Please clarify further about what is required etc….

edit - I just noticed my police certificate had a signature by the Director General below, just above the footer…. That was missing in the scan you shared. Make sure you upload the full page of your police certificate. If you didn’t, maybe that is the reason it was rejected.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
17 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

There is nothing wrong with your police certificate. So annoying of NVC to reject it, and yes, I heard they are not taking calls right now….

1. Check if you are not missing something on your end:

a) you need police certificates for Canada in every name you have ever held. So if you have changed your name at any point, you will need police certificates in old and new names.

b) check if you are missing any police certificates from other countries.

2. If you are not missing anything, I suggest emailing NVC. There is several months backlog in them reviewing their emails.

3. simultaneously, reupload the same police certificates on CEAC. If it is possible to put a comment somewhere on ceac, do so explaining you checked and the police certificate is correct police certificate from the relevant authority. Please clarify further about what is required etc….

edit - I just noticed my police certificate had a signature by the Director General below, just above the footer…. That was missing in the scan you shared. Make sure you upload the full page of your police certificate. If you didn’t, maybe that is the reason it was rejected.

Thank you. I cut it off in what I uploaded here but NVC had the director general signature. 

When I requested this one I put both my married and maiden names in the application. Maiden name was put in the other names section but when it came only my married name was on it. I thought this was maybe normal. I’ll go back and get another one in my maiden name. 

Edited by M.Knaebel

Timeline
28 minutes ago, M.Knaebel said:

Thank you. I cut it off in what I uploaded here but NVC had the director general signature. 

When I requested this one I put both my married and maiden names in the application. Maiden name was put in the other names section but when it came only my married name was on it. I thought this was maybe normal. I’ll go back and get another one in my maiden name. 

Yes, I changed my name during marriage and had to upload two police certificates 

Timeline

3 hours ago, M.Knaebel said:

Hello there,

Police Certificate.PNG

That's really strange and very confusing. I agree with all the advices of our friend @From_CAN_2_US.  If you stayed from other countries you have to provide police certificate as stated on this snip. 

I also checked  my wife's RCMP Police Certificate and I confirm on her name was the married name and NVC accepted it. 

I'm not sure what was happening now with their system. Two of our folks here posted that previously their Police Certificate was approved then after as they check their CEAC acct it shows missing. Is it possible there's a glitch on their system? I guess so. Because in my experience our documents were completely submitted (i.e. Jun 19 '21). As I was checking the Current Case review time, supposedly we were covered on the cut-off date. I called USCIS and learned our complete submitted date wasn't that what I know. Their system change it so I have to wait another weeks before NVC will review our documents. 

image.thumb.png.5057ed6a59bf3488a25eb6050309d090.png

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
33 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

That's really strange and very confusing. I agree with all the advices of our friend @From_CAN_2_US.  If you stayed from other countries you have to provide police certificate as stated on this snip. 

I also checked  my wife's RCMP Police Certificate and I confirm on her name was the married name and NVC accepted it. 

I'm not sure what was happening now with their system. Two of our folks here posted that previously their Police Certificate was approved then after as they check their CEAC acct it shows missing. Is it possible there's a glitch on their system? I guess so. Because in my experience our documents were completely submitted (i.e. Jun 19 '21). As I was checking the Current Case review time, supposedly we were covered on the cut-off date. I called USCIS and learned our complete submitted date wasn't that what I know. Their system change it so I have to wait another weeks before NVC will review our documents. 

image.thumb.png.5057ed6a59bf3488a25eb6050309d090.png

I have never lived anywhere else other than Canada. Your wife’s police certificate was accepted and it only showed her married name, and she didn’t also have one in her maiden name? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.