Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Family One said:

My visa was approved a week ago, and I received an email with the Purolator tracking number about an hour before the status changed to "Issued-Final Processing."  It had been in "Issued-AP" for two working days.

Mine says just "issued" is that odd?

Timeline
1 hour ago, TSmith said:

Mine says just "issued" is that odd?

You are correct, it just says “issued” on the top, but then the explanation will tell you whether it’s in administrative processing or final processing.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Family One said:

You are correct, it just says “issued” on the top, but then the explanation will tell you whether it’s in administrative processing or final processing.

Got it! Thank you!

Timeline
14 hours ago, TSmith said:

Thanks CAN_2_US! Do you get anything indicating it was mailed? And are you saying it 'could' also be mailed tomorrow?

It’s possible, yeah. Some people have had it mailed on the same day as they got final processing. In my case it was the next working day.For others it has taken up to 2 weeks. But that was when volume was high. Think it should be faster now.

Yes, you get an email that gives you tracking number and that indicates it has been mailed out to you.

Timeline
On 5/20/2022 at 11:41 AM, From_CAN_2_US said:

It’s possible, yeah. Some people have had it mailed on the same day as they got final processing. In my case it was the next working day.For others it has taken up to 2 weeks. But that was when volume was high. Think it should be faster now.

Yes, you get an email that gives you tracking number and that indicates it has been mailed out to you.

YES! It's on it way! 22 months later

Hi all,

I am getting ready (and a little anxious!) for my IR-1 interview next week and I was hoping to ask a group a few questions after searching over 10 posts and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

1. The pre-interview checklist from the US Consulate Montreal office website noted that an "original birth certificate" is needed. However, I only have a (wet-ink) certified true copy of the original, which was acceptable based on NVC's requirement. Would this be an issue at all in my interview?

2. I have been reading mixed messages about what to do with the updated tax information. It looks like some people uploaded their last year's Form 1040 and/or tax transcript to CEAC before the interview and also bring a copy with them. Is there a best practice when it comes to the tax forms? There has been no major change to my husband (petitioner)'s financial situation so it would just be a matter of providing updated tax forms. 

Thank you!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ayc610 said:

Hi all,

I am getting ready (and a little anxious!) for my IR-1 interview next week and I was hoping to ask a group a few questions after searching over 10 posts and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

1. The pre-interview checklist from the US Consulate Montreal office website noted that an "original birth certificate" is needed. However, I only have a (wet-ink) certified true copy of the original, which was acceptable based on NVC's requirement. Would this be an issue at all in my interview?

2. I have been reading mixed messages about what to do with the updated tax information. It looks like some people uploaded their last year's Form 1040 and/or tax transcript to CEAC before the interview and also bring a copy with them. Is there a best practice when it comes to the tax forms? There has been no major change to my husband (petitioner)'s financial situation so it would just be a matter of providing updated tax forms. 

Thank you!

1. Which country is your birth certificate from? If I am not wrong, applicants born in canada submit the long form birth certificate. This is the birth certificate with parental information. The certified copy is a different document, which is even more detailed.

Source: https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/eForms_faq/start.do?lang=en#differenceBetweenShortAndLongForm

In other countries birth certificates are ALWAYS certified copies, as the original is kept with the city. So your country of birth is of relevance for VJers to answer this question.

2. To avoid delays, best to upload updated tax information on CEAC before the interview. Carry originals with you to the interview, to produce incase they ask, but if you upload before hand, they probably won’t.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, randy1randerson said:

Interview letter this morning:

DQ 03-24

IL 05-24

Interview 07-11

Wow congrats! I'm right after you with April 1st... Hopefully we get something. 

9 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

1. Which country is your birth certificate from? If I am not wrong, applicants born in canada submit the long form birth certificate. This is the birth certificate with parental information. The certified copy is a different document, which is even more detailed.

Source: https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/eForms_faq/start.do?lang=en#differenceBetweenShortAndLongForm

In other countries birth certificates are ALWAYS certified copies, as the original is kept with the city. So your country of birth is of relevance for VJers to answer this question.

2. To avoid delays, best to upload updated tax information on CEAC before the interview. Carry originals with you to the interview, to produce incase they ask, but if you upload before hand, they probably won’t.

Thank you so much! I was born in Taiwan and you’re right that the original birth certificate is kept in my city of birth. 

As for the tax forms, I’ll upload my husband’s 2021 Form 1040 and W2 (he has not received the 2021 tax transcript yet). I understand from the FAQ that an updated I-864 is not needed as long as there’s no change in information, but please let me know if I have misunderstood! 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, ellen_yvr said:

DQ’d April 7

IL today, May 24

Interview July 13!

Oh man congrats! A little upset we aren't in this batch? You just got an email?

Timeline
3 hours ago, ellen_yvr said:

DQ’d April 7

IL today, May 24

Interview July 13!

Awesome! Congrats! I hope to be in the next batch of letters. My DQ date is April 15th. Another person on fb group I follow got her letter today too, her DQ date is April 1st. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Booey_US_CA said:

Oh man congrats! A little upset we aren't in this batch? You just got an email?

Thanks!  yes, an email about 7:30 pacific this morning. Sorry, I hope yours is soon! Looking at flights it seems the price of love is a lot more in the summer!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ayc610 said:

Thank you so much! I was born in Taiwan and you’re right that the original birth certificate is kept in my city of birth. 

As for the tax forms, I’ll upload my husband’s 2021 Form 1040 and W2 (he has not received the 2021 tax transcript yet). I understand from the FAQ that an updated I-864 is not needed as long as there’s no change in information, but please let me know if I have misunderstood! 

Then the true copy of the Taiwan birth certificate should work just fine.

Yeah tax transcript if not received yet is not needed. If your husband’s job and income hasn’t changed, then AFAIK no need of updated I-864.

Good luck with your interview. I know the days leading up to it can be anxeity ridden, but you’ll do great.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.