Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, affy said:

Hey everyone! Wondering if I could get some help re. a question I have about my case. CEAC status checker says "Ready" and formerly said "Case Last Updated: 12-Nov-2021." I reached out to MTL last Wednesday via email to confirm our DQ (as we were surprised to not be in the last batch of IL's) and they emailed back today with a very canned response which can be found at the bottom of this post. 

Our CEAC status tracker now says "Ready" and "Case Last Updated: 19-Jan-2022" Does this mean that they've changed the date of our DQ? Or is this just something that happens when they check in our case from their end? I got nervous when I saw that as we've been waiting since Nov with "Ready" in the CEAC and that maybe this would push our timeline out further...

---

"Your case will be reviewed by our staff and when we have availability, we will schedule your appointment. While we aim to schedule and process cases as soon as practicable, there are increased wait times for completing services due to the ongoing pandemic and substantial backlogs.  

Thank you for your patience and cooperation."

I don't think your DQ date will change regardless of when your case was last updated. I assume they'll let us know if the date is changed since they sent us an email the first time when we were DQ'd.

It's hard to tell what they're doing on the other end when our case date gets updated, probably just looked through your file.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, CK90 said:

Hello all!

I'm new to the posting here, but have been a long-time lurker as I've been going through the process and preparing for my interview. I can't thank everyone in this community enough for all of their positivity, support and guidance; on behalf any lurkers, you're all amazing 🙂

I had my interview this morning (January 26, 2022) at 9:00am and was APPROVED! It really is the waiting which builds up the nerves (at least for myself), but overall it's a simple and straightforward process. I'll be open and honest by saying that I definitely got in my own head, stressing myself out in the weeks leading up to the interview for no good reason. Don't stress! My advice for anyone feeling anxious, is to take a few deep breaths, stay positive, and just be yourself. Remember that life happens for us, and not to us.

As for my interview, I was asked the standard questions that we all typically see. Who my petitioner was, what her and I do for work, where we'll be living, when we got married, if this was our first marriage, if we have any children, and how we met (I was on an F1 at the time, so we discussed that...what school, how long I was a student, etc.) I had a previous TN denial, so we spoke briefly about that as well. It's a simple conversation, nothing more and nothing less; I was even comfortable enough to crack a few jokes. Just be you!

P.S. While waiting for the interview, I was able to have a really nice conversation with another young woman who was from Yellowknife, and en route to Nashville. We froze outside together, and you had gone for your interview only moments before mine. I didn't get the chance to grab your name, or see how your interview went...but if by chance you're seeing this, I hope you absolutely SMASHED IT!! I'm confident that you did, and I sincerely wish you all the best. Feel free to shoot me a message, I'd love to connect and hear about your experience 😀

Now the waiting game begins for tracking, and then the logistics of moving. Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Thank you for your thoughtful post. Congratulations on being approved and best of luck with the rest of the process and your move.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, affy said:

Hey everyone! Wondering if I could get some help re. a question I have about my case. CEAC status checker says "Ready" and formerly said "Case Last Updated: 12-Nov-2021." I reached out to MTL last Wednesday via email to confirm our DQ (as we were surprised to not be in the last batch of IL's) and they emailed back today with a very canned response which can be found at the bottom of this post. 

Our CEAC status tracker now says "Ready" and "Case Last Updated: 19-Jan-2022" Does this mean that they've changed the date of our DQ? Or is this just something that happens when they check in our case from their end? I got nervous when I saw that as we've been waiting since Nov with "Ready" in the CEAC and that maybe this would push our timeline out further...

---

"Your case will be reviewed by our staff and when we have availability, we will schedule your appointment. While we aim to schedule and process cases as soon as practicable, there are increased wait times for completing services due to the ongoing pandemic and substantial backlogs.  

Thank you for your patience and cooperation."

No, the case being updated just means someone opened your file.  Hopefully, that person went "oh cr@p...this was missed and needs an interview!" It's better than it never being touched...fingers crossed!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

2 hours ago, mam521 said:

No, the case being updated just means someone opened your file.  Hopefully, that person went "oh cr@p...this was missed and needs an interview!" It's better than it never being touched...fingers crossed!

18 hours ago, DamAk said:

I don't think your DQ date will change regardless of when your case was last updated. I assume they'll let us know if the date is changed since they sent us an email the first time when we were DQ'd.

It's hard to tell what they're doing on the other end when our case date gets updated, probably just looked through your file.

Thanks so much for the reassurance here. I was assuming nothing would be done to my case in spite... but this process really makes you paranoid about these things! Appreciate both of your input!! 

Timeline

Hello all!!  Been a while since I posted here.  I managed to cross the border into the US (Lewiston) on 2 November 2021.  It was a pretty easy process at immigration although I was importing my car and a tropical bird and bringing our cat at the same time which added extra time onto my travels.  I was driving down to Virginia where we are living now.  Importing my Canadian car (Dodge Caravan) was very difficult process but I managed to finally get plates and Registration for it just last week!  My Husband's car was also imported (a Volkswagen) I'm still working on it.  As I posted before, my interview was in Montreal in August 2021 and there was an issue with our domicile.  So the Husband had to go down ahead of me as well as our three dogs.  Everything got sorted by end of September 2021 and I just had to sell our home in Canada and wait!!  Once our home was sold I hightailed it to the border! haha.  We are nicely settle now in Virginia in a great home and I just found a job starting next week.  The whole immigration process was long and frustrating but it all paid off in the end.  So hang in there and don't give up with God's blessing! p

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sunshine022 said:

Hi Everyone! I crossed the border last Nov. 19, 2021. I already received SSN. I havn’t received my physical green card yet. How long will it take for it to be mailed? Thank you. 

I crossed on 2 November 2021 and I have not received the card yet either...The SSN yes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@PHM & @Sunshine022, review p15 of our FAQ!

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, SamC88 said:

I just tried to pay my visa fee and it said that Pay.gov is down for maintenance.  Has anyone encountered this before?

I’m sure they do maintenance occasionally. I paid mine yesterday so I’m sure if you try again tomorrow or Monday it will likely be working again. Worst case scenario if you need to cross before you can pay online, you can pay at the port of entry. 

Timeline

I am about to cross the border for the first time since getting my visa on Feb 12. I am moving permanently that day.

Has anyone taken food across the border. I am basically wrapping up my life here and leaving. I live alone and have no family in Canada to give my leftover food too. The canned and unopened food, I’ll be donating, but I will still have a bunch of opened leftovers such as flour, rice, oil, pasta, lentils, baking products etc. They don’t cost much, but feels bad to throw out  good food, so was thinking of taking them.

Has anyone done this and did it cause any issues with CBP?

Timeline
1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I am about to cross the border for the first time since getting my visa on Feb 12. I am moving permanently that day.

Has anyone taken food across the border. I am basically wrapping up my life here and leaving. I live alone and have no family in Canada to give my leftover food too. The canned and unopened food, I’ll be donating, but I will still have a bunch of opened leftovers such as flour, rice, oil, pasta, lentils, baking products etc. They don’t cost much, but feels bad to throw out  good food, so was thinking of taking them.

Has anyone done this and did it cause any issues with CBP?

I’m so happy for you!
My husband crosses the border every 3 weeks, to go to work and he has asked more questions than I can remember.  Regarding food, you can take ALL your pantry( flour, cans, oil, pasta) really. BUT NO CITRUS! Seriously, to be safe I wouldn’t carry any fruit or vegetables at all,  we picked our own cherries last summer, and I gave him a container with some for his flight, he had to surrender the poor cherries entering the US. You can even bring plants, although you are supposed to clean the soil of them and put them in water… 
groceries  don’t cost much but you will be surprised how much you spend to fill up your fridge again, along with your cans and non perishable items. Think about it. For example I have a lot of spicy salsas on my fridge door,  I will be putting them in a cooler, each one could be $5-7? X 20 $100-$120…? I don’t need to spend money on that.
PS  If you like Robertson’s Mincemeat 🤣 I would consider taking a few jars, it’s not really a thing in some States. Amazon has them for $25 shipping to the US. Oh yeah and a Costco box of Coffee Crisp wont hurt me either. 

Edited by Ilovecancun29

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

I’m so happy for you!
My husband crosses the border every 3 weeks, to go to work and he has asked more questions than I can remember.  Regarding food, you can take ALL your pantry( flour, cans, oil, pasta) really. BUT NO CITRUS! Seriously, to be safe I wouldn’t carry any fruit or vegetables at all,  we picked our own cherries last summer, and I gave him a container with some for his flight, he had to surrender the poor cherries entering the US. You can even bring plants, although you are supposed to clean the soil of them and put them in water… 
groceries  don’t cost much but you will be surprised how much you spend to fill up your fridge again, along with your cans and non perishable items. Think about it. For example I have a lot of spicy salsas on my fridge door,  I will be putting them in a cooler, each one could be $5-7? X 20 $100-$120…? I don’t need to spend money on that.
PS  If you like Robertson’s Mincemeat 🤣 I would consider taking a few jars, it’s not really a thing in some States. Amazon has them for $25 shipping to the US. Oh yeah and a Costco box of Coffee Crisp wont hurt me either. 

😄 Thank you that helps a lot.

I have a basil plant I have a sentimental attachment to, and want to take it with me. I might try to do what you suggest - remove from soil and put it in water.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.