Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, jrs said:

Looks like I had a date update today but still Issued AP.  

They seems to be actively working it seems and I saw the spreadsheet, there are no interviews scheduled this and next week. So most likely they will try to clear all the backlog next few days.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

They seems to be actively working it seems and I saw the spreadsheet, there are no interviews scheduled this and next week. So most likely they will try to clear all the backlog next few days.

Got my tracking number just now too :)

Timeline

Hey everyone just wanted to give a quick update 

my interview was dec 16 7:45 I arrived early but there was a power outage in the building so we we not let in till 8, Went up to the 1st floor I was third person up stairs checked in at 8:10 was called up to window 4 at about 830 then to window 1 at about 915. He ran through all the standard questions and he told me I was approved on the spot he told me it could take 2-3 weeks to receive my passport back but I got tracking this morning and it’s showing a delivery date by end of day tomorrow so crossing my fingers I will be flying to the us on the 23 to spend my birthday and Christmas with my wife and my boys HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Timeline

Anyone else with upcoming interviews concerned? Montreal is in a state of emergency. I have my interview on Jan 24 and medical on Jan 18th both in Montreal. I have flights and accommodation booked.

😕

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Anyone else with upcoming interviews concerned? Montreal is in a state of emergency. I have my interview on Jan 24 and medical on Jan 18th both in Montreal. I have flights and accommodation booked.

😕

I’m in January also and think this will be affected based on what the Province and Country are doing again with restrictions. Hopefully not, but it’s almost predictable. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, cdndesro said:

I’m in January also and think this will be affected based on what the Province and Country are doing again with restrictions. Hopefully not, but it’s almost predictable. 

well this sucks! 
Hopefully we know something in advance so I can get some credit from the flight... 

19 hours ago, Sarpor4 said:

😕

It'll probably be okay. I don't think it'll be a lockdown similar to March 2020, but perhaps Quebec will go back to something like red zone (early 2021). Interviews/medicals will most likely continue but the capacity will be reduced.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, shazeline said:

Wife had her interview on Dec 10th. Status changed from ready to issued (AP) on Dec 15th. Today it changed from issued (AP) to issued (FP) and to expect the visa within 5 working days. So close to the finish line!

Update: Got the tracking number on 12/20 and received the passport/visa in the mail today 12/22! So it took nearly two weeks from approval during the interview until receiving the visa today.

Timeline
On 12/22/2021 at 1:49 PM, Danii said:

It'll probably be okay. I don't think it'll be a lockdown similar to March 2020, but perhaps Quebec will go back to something like red zone (early 2021). Interviews/medicals will most likely continue but the capacity will be reduced.

Yeah, there was no physical distancing whatsoever when I was at the consulate. They might change that with the highly contagious variant. Hope they can figure out a way to do that without reducing interview slots. Maybe it’ll mean waiting longer outside?

Hope they won’t cancel interviews….

Timeline

As soon as I cross the border and activate my visa, am I allowed to work for a US employer or do I have to wait for the physical green card to come? I already have a SSN as I have worked in US in the past and would continue using the same SSN. Can anyone throw some light? 

Or let me put it this way. Can I apply for US jobs from Canada and once I have the job offer,  cross the border and start working immediately while waiting for the physical GC?

Edited by alphabetagamma

Timeline
1 hour ago, alphabetagamma said:

As soon as I cross the border and activate my visa, am I allowed to work for a US employer or do I have to wait for the physical green card to come? I already have a SSN as I have worked in US in the past and would continue using the same SSN. Can anyone throw some light? 

Or let me put it this way. Can I apply for US jobs from Canada and once I have the job offer,  cross the border and start working immediately while waiting for the physical GC?

Yes, you are authorised to work in the US as soon as you cross the border.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/22/2021 at 3:51 PM, HAB said:

Question ?

How long do you wait to get the green card after you cross usually. My wife got her social security in one week, and is been 2.5 month since we paid the fee and entered and no green card yet. Any idea how long? Do you know guys where to call to check it out ? which number ? thx

It’s variable. Read back 2 or 3 pages - someone just got their’s after a couple of months. 

5 hours ago, alphabetagamma said:

You are authorized to work immediately. If anyone gives you a hard time, pull up the instructions for the I9 form and show them the section for MRIV. Since you had a social in the past, that will be your social, so you can use it. Yes, you can apply from Canada and cross. Just make sure it’s before your medical or PRC expire (whichever expires first).

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.