Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, NadiaL said:

When did you receive the passport back from the Montreal embassy? My spouse had the interview on Nov 29th  and still no passport. Thx

Hey there are at least 3 people I know who had their interviews in the last couple of weeks and had their status changed to issued - final processing on dec 2nd and haven't gotten tracking numbers yet. They usually send out tracking numbers every Friday but for some reason last week was missed. We are praying and hoping we get them sometime this week. 

Edited by SS_V

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm having difficulties paying immigrant fees.

I got my passport  back yesterday (no, I didn't go through Montreal. Got my case transferred to my country of origin) and am flying out to US on Saturday. It says I must pay the green card fee before entering US. The system doesn't see my A-number and DOS number has 12 digits instead of 9-10. I'm so confused. Has this happened to anyone here? Can I still enter US without this payment? 

Many thanks

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nikasalts said:

I'm having difficulties paying immigrant fees.

I got my passport  back yesterday (no, I didn't go through Montreal. Got my case transferred to my country of origin) and am flying out to US on Saturday. It says I must pay the green card fee before entering US. The system doesn't see my A-number and DOS number has 12 digits instead of 9-10. I'm so confused. Has this happened to anyone here? Can I still enter US without this payment? 

Many thanks

Never mind....skip two last digits lol. I wish they had that written in the instruction sheet. Fees paid :)

Timeline

Sending positive vibes, well wishes and hopes for a smooth process for all who will have their interviews today specially to my dear friend @From_CAN_2_US🙏🤞

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
11 hours ago, SS_V said:

Hey there are at least 3 people I know who had their interviews in the last couple of weeks and had their status changed to issued - final processing on dec 2nd and haven't gotten tracking numbers yet. They usually send out tracking numbers every Friday but for some reason last week was missed. We are praying and hoping we get them sometime this week. 

thank you!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Left the consulate and informed my spouse of the new on the phone moments ago - CO said “my visa has been APPROVED!”

I was definitely happy when I heard it but broke down when I saw my husband on video chat. Such a relief. Still a little giddy from it.

@Sharma Ali very sorry about the DS-5535… it’s so weird how they are issuing that on such a frequent and seemingly random basis. I somehow dodged the bullet (I was half expecting it today). I just hope everyone gets their approvals soon. No one deserves to be kept apart from their spouse….

I will leave a more detailed description of my experience later… 

For everyone yet to interview @alphabetagamma good luck. And thanks everyone for all your good wishes. This community has been so supportive, and I am truly touched reading all the messages from you all…

wow congratulations. Very happy for your approval and thanks for your wishes. 

5 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Left the consulate and informed my spouse of the new on the phone moments ago - CO said “my visa has been APPROVED!"

Congratulations, so happy for you!!! Please stay in touch as you go through the rest of your visa journey. You've been so resourceful and such a great support to all of us 🥰

Timeline
4 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Left the consulate and informed my spouse of the new on the phone moments ago - CO said “my visa has been APPROVED!”

I was definitely happy when I heard it but broke down when I saw my husband on video chat. Such a relief. Still a little giddy from it.

@Sharma Ali very sorry about the DS-5535… it’s so weird how they are issuing that on such a frequent and seemingly random basis. I somehow dodged the bullet (I was half expecting it today). I just hope everyone gets their approvals soon. No one deserves to be kept apart from their spouse….

For everyone yet to interview @alphabetagamma good luck. And thanks everyone for all your good wishes. This community has been so supportive, and I am truly touched reading all the messages from you all…

CONGRATULATIONS my dear friend! I'm with you feeling beyond the happiness that you overcome this tiny hole way of whole process for the IV and of the interview. For the rest of all whose having their interviews, prayers and hopes you all get a smooth way.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

18 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Gratz!!! So glad everything went well. Are you planning to be home for the holidays? 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

Gratz!!! So glad everything went well. Are you planning to be home for the holidays? 

No, I plan on moving in February. 

I am yet to give official notice to my office and my landlord, although both know it is coming. Husband is going to be here in Toronto for Christmas and New Years. 

I might do my crossing on Ukrainian Christmas in January Cos my husband’s family celebrates that together every year. But the actual move will be in Feb.

Timeline

@HaileyJade and @juliemct

What time were your appointments today? I wonder if I talked to you. I was the short woman wearing a white parka outside, and a black dress when inside.

Hi All, 

Been watching this thread since finding out about it a few months ago. Great to see all the help being provided and that the timelines have been ramping up. I was DQ'd on Aug 27th, 2021 so seems like the interview could be coming up, I was expecting it to be MONTHS longer so it is exciting news. Now need to ramp up my timeline on getting things prepared to relocate to the US. Is there another part on this forum with good advice on selling vs. renting home, as well as finances like RRSP or TFSA? Probably best to just talk to a financial advisor but I've found the advice and responses on here to be better than the legal experts i've dealt with on the visa process.

I will add my dates to my timeline so it can be included in the spreadsheet to help the community out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.