Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Torrjr said:

Hi all! 

quick question, how would I I know if the medical exam results have been received by the Consulate? The Dr office mailed them out the 4th our interview is next week the 18th just make sure it's been received. 

Atleast if you do your Medicals with Dr Ian Zatzman, he sends your a confirmation email once he sends your results to the consulate in Montreal 

Has anyone applied recently in the last year or so for their marriage visa from Canada?

what is the wait time? 
is it over 2 years or less.

do I need to be in Canada for the entire time or can I travel? 
I’m so stressed right now as my fiancé to be wants to apply within the US and that means i will be stuck in the US for a year.

i was hoping Canada wait time is less so I can apply from outside.

p.s also has anyone tried to visit US while waiting for their visa? 

4 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

Approved! He was the first interview of the day on Tuesday and got in and out within half an hour. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ashtin1 said:

Has anyone applied recently in the last year or so for their marriage visa from Canada?

what is the wait time? 
is it over 2 years or less.

do I need to be in Canada for the entire time or can I travel? 
I’m so stressed right now as my fiancé to be wants to apply within the US and that means i will be stuck in the US for a year.

i was hoping Canada wait time is less so I can apply from outside.

p.s also has anyone tried to visit US while waiting for their visa? 

Please check out this information

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op7=Canada&dfile=No&op1=&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28&cfl=0

https://www.visajourney.com/times/

Also remember it is illegal to enter the US with intent to adjust status.

It sounds like you're asking about the K1 fiancé process; this discussion thread is for IR1/CR1.

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, MTLSINGHZ said:

Can anyone share their timeline of receiving SSN and GC after POE my 3 week marks next week i didn’t receive any either but have an appointment for SSN following week……..

I got my SSN already. Cross Nov 1, card was issued Nov 3 and received it Nov 10. No GC though I suspect that will take a little longer for me still. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, katelynns said:

I got my SSN already. Cross Nov 1, card was issued Nov 3 and received it Nov 10. No GC though I suspect that will take a little longer for me still. 

Could you please tell me how did you knew if it was issued did you call or something?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, MTLSINGHZ said:

Could you please tell me how did you knew if it was issued did you call or something?

No, sorry I should have specified! I only know because it says the date it was issued in the card. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CanadianJeff said:

Same here. Hoping to see our tracking numbers today and passports on Monday as that seems to be the typical trend.

Fingers are crossed! I had my interview on November 4th and was approved that day. I wish I could just go get my passport at the Embassy! I live 20 min from there. 

13 minutes ago, CanadianJeff said:

Same here. Hoping to see our tracking numbers today and passports on Monday as that seems to be the typical trend.

7 minutes ago, Mrs.Coolidge said:

Fingers are crossed! I had my interview on November 4th and was approved that day. I wish I could just go get my passport at the Embassy! I live 20 min from there. 

I keep checking my email and nothing yet. I know they have been busy but still hope to see that email today

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

I keep checking my email and nothing yet. I know they have been busy but still hope to see that email today

Haha same! I think we all become a little obsessive in these last miles! I know I have been! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.