hopeJourney

I-130 August 2021 Filers

479 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, etrangais said:

Guys,

I swear I am not making this up:

Petition APPROVED, like right now (02:05 PM, 01-Nov-2021).

3 hrs after receiving the "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" update, I logged in to USCIS website and the approval notice was under documents

PD date 23-Aug-2021 (NOA1)

Texas Service Center

Congratulations! That was a fast approval. I am happy for you and I hope it bodes well for the rest of us (i.e., fast approvals!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
27 minutes ago, hopeJourney said:

Congratulations! That was a fast approval. I am happy for you and I hope it bodes well for the rest of us (i.e., fast approvals!).

Thank you so much and good luck to all

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, etrangais said:

Guys,

I swear I am not making this up:

Petition APPROVED, like right now (02:05 PM, 01-Nov-2021).

3 hrs after receiving the "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" update, I logged in to USCIS website and the approval notice was under documents

PD date 23-Aug-2021 (NOA1)

Texas Service Center

Congratulations!!! That gives the rest of us some hope woo hoo can’t wait to see more approvals 🥳🎉 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JJAFam said:

Congratulations!!! That gives the rest of us some hope woo hoo can’t wait to see more approvals 🥳🎉 

Thoughts and prayers for all

Case status just updated now to show Case Approved

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

• 2 weeks later...

According to Igor's List the last spousal 130 that was approved had a PD date of May '21 yet the processing time shows they're working on PD's of 4/27/21.  It all seems so wacky.  No logic to any of it. Does anyone have any insight as to all this?  Maybe I'm just trying to find logic in something that has none...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/28/2021 at 9:37 PM, hopeJourney said:

Starting a thread for I-130 August 2021 filers. Here is our timeline:

Priority Date (NOA1): August 27, 2021

Service Center: Vermont (transferred from Texas)

My NOA1 letter has Texas as my service center. A couple weeks after filing, I used Ask Emma which service center I was at and they said Vermont. Apparently it was transferred on Aug 27, which is the same day my NOA1 was sent. I am not sure why they would put Texas on the NOA1 receipt and they immediately transfer it to Vermont. The agent said cases are transferred for efficiency and workload balance. 

Same Here.

Priority Date (NOA1): August 16, 2021

Then we got another letter in the mail which says Vermont Service Centre few days later

I did not bother about which service centre its being processed after then. I had a chat with Emma today and it was confirmed to be in Vermont service centre. It was transferred there on the August 18, which was two days after it was received at Texas Service centre. The waiting time on USCIS website is 9.5-12.5 months, so i guess we'll just have to be patient and see how it goes.

I wish everyone luck. 

• 1 month later...

PD Aug 10, 2921

Initial paperwork said Potomac then transferred to CSC on Aug 12, 2021

Actively Reviewing as of Sept 9, 2021

Filed 129f which was received Dec 2, 2021

Nothing more. 

Any Aug '21 filers get approved?  One SC says they're working on Aug. so I'm hoping CSC gets to August filers soon.

18 hours ago, Educ8r said:

PD Aug 10, 2921

Initial paperwork said Potomac then transferred to CSC on Aug 12, 2021

Actively Reviewing as of Sept 9, 2021

Filed 129f which was received Dec 2, 2021

Nothing more. 

Any Aug '21 filers get approved?  One SC says they're working on Aug. so I'm hoping CSC gets to August filers soon.

I haven't got Actively Reviewing or any other movement.

NOA1 - Aug 27th at the Vermont Service Center.

Hello, I just found this topic and figured I'd join.

We filed online on August 3rd (married July 8). Service center was Nebraska, but I asked Emma last month and they said it's Vermont and it's never been in NSC that they could see.

No updates since.

We're hoping to get approved sometime this spring/early summer, but of course that's in the stars lol.

Wishing everybody good luck with this, s*it's hard!

On 1/11/2022 at 12:09 PM, Tereza said:

Hello, I just found this topic and figured I'd join.

We filed online on August 3rd (married July 8). Service center was Nebraska, but I asked Emma last month and they said it's Vermont and it's never been in NSC that they could see.

No updates since.

We're hoping to get approved sometime this spring/early summer, but of course that's in the stars lol.

Wishing everybody good luck with this, s*it's hard!

Seems like the quoted times are getting a lot worse.  When I joined VJ, my quoted approval time was April '22- June'22.  I checked today and it says Aug '23-Oct'23!  I never seems to get closer, just farther away... :(

5 hours ago, Educ8r said:

Seems like the quoted times are getting a lot worse.  When I joined VJ, my quoted approval time was April '22- June'22.  I checked today and it says Aug '23-Oct'23!  I never seems to get closer, just farther away... :(

Definitelly! When I started my timeline, I thought I was at Nebrska and the estimate was Feb-Mar 22. Then it went to April-May and then I found out I was actually at Vermont the entire time and the estimate is March-mid May now lol. But Ive been looking at the stats page and sorting by NOA1s and that way you can see where your SC roughly is. At least for VSC there's a pretty clean cut after May 10 rn, with a few exceptions (an expedite for an Afghani beneficiary for example.. well I wouldn't wanna be stuck there either right now ...) and it seems they are taking the cases in chronological order, for the most part  ... Our PD is Aug 3rd, so I'm going to start panicking in June :D also, interestingly enough, there's way less cases submitted after June so I'm (naivelly) hoping things will get a little faster soon (emphasis on the naive hoping part ). Maybe it just means not as many people are joining visajourney, idk

46 minutes ago, Tereza said:

Ive been looking at the stats page and sorting by NOA1s and that way you can see where your SC roughly is.

I do the same thing.  I'm in California so my optimism isn't very high.  I filed a K3 for my husband so it will hopefully help.  Fingers crossed the backlog begins to clear and we all can have our loved ones with us soon.  It gets harder as the time goes on...

19 minutes ago, Educ8r said:

I do the same thing.  I'm in California so my optimism isn't very high.  I filed a K3 for my husband so it will hopefully help.  Fingers crossed the backlog begins to clear and we all can have our loved ones with us soon.  It gets harder as the time goes on...

Oh I feel for you, I was upset about being moved to Vermont but Cali and Potomac sound like a nightmare ... I keep seing K3s mentioned here and on FB, but I guess I still dont get what the point of them is lol. Not like I could convince my husband (he's the petitioner) to give the goverment even more money in fees :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.