German Canadian

Medical Before October 1st, Interview After

32 posts in this topic

Trying to find out if anyone else has done this or had experience. 

My interview is October 20, after the October 1st requirement for Covid Vaccine. We are trying to get a physical booked before the 1st of October to avoid that requirement. Has anyone had a physical done since the announcement and been approved without having the vaccine?

If I manage to get a physical appointment and pass, will they ask about the Covid vaccine at the interview? 

Curious to see if anyone has been through this or going through it 

3 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Nowadays the results are sent by the Panel Physician electronically to the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) once the medical is complete.

This is what we were thinking. The medical will be done and submitted before the 1st of October (that's the plan) and should be no issue. 

We are going to try and book with Cheema in Surrey for this week as its closest for us (12 hours). 

1 hour ago, German Canadian said:

Here is a related thread:

In the above thread the OP chatted with a Panel Physician's office in Mexico but unclear if that doctor's office was explicitly asked which date is the one that matters: the date medical is complete or the visa interview date. There is a screenshot that was shared that says "cita" which means "appointment" but that is still ambiguous since it could either mean the medical appointment or the consular interview appointment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am having this exact same situation (my wife's medical is on 9/27 and her interview on 10/4).

To be honest, I think we all don't really know and are just guessing here.

So my guess is that the whole point of the medical exam is that a medical professional does the assessment and signs off on whether an applicant meets the criteria set by the US DoS/Embassy. While a Consular Officer has final decision making authority they are not qualified to make medical assessments (e.g. is this person immunocompromised and therefore not able to receive a specific vaccine?) So I expect that if the medical exam is before Oct 1st the doctor will apply the criteria for that day, which does not require Covid vaccination, and sign off on the form that will go the embassy, and the CO will simply see if the medical form has been signed off. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine a CO second-guessing or overruling a medical doctor, assigned by the embassy for this purpose, who gave his/her OK on the appropriate form and signed on it that the applicant meets the medical requirements.

15 hours ago, German Canadian said:

My interview is October 20, after the October 1st requirement for Covid Vaccine. We are trying to get a physical booked before the 1st of October to avoid that requirement. Has anyone had a physical done since the announcement and been approved without having the vaccine?

If I manage to get a physical appointment and pass, will they ask about the Covid vaccine at the interview? 

Well, no one can know yet as no one has interviewed after 1 October without the vaccine yet. Hopefully those that do this route of no vax/interview later will update the forum. I do recall seeing that at least one country’s doctors is insisting on the vaccine to pass the medical if the interview is after October 1.

3 hours ago, Wouter said:

So I expect that if the medical exam is before Oct 1st the doctor will apply the criteria for that day, w

Nope, some are apparently applying it as at interview date. The doctors always want to see the visa interview letter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance is having his medical exam today, interview is tomorrow. He has the Sinopharm vaccine, the Dr. asked him today if he plans to get the American one when he comes here if he gets approved tomorrow. I had planned to fly to his country and fly back with him, we would be coming back after October 1. Since his medical is today, would it be better for him to fly alone before October 1 or would we be okay to fly back together after that date since his medical and interview would be dated in September? Not sure why the Dr. asked him if he plans to get another since he already had a vaccine series for COVID completed. The American made COVID vaccines are not as widely available where he lives. Any idea if we should try to fly before that date or are we good to fly after? We would be flying into Dulles.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, German Canadian said:

Panel Physicians in Canada have advised that should you have the medicals done before October 1, the vaccine is not a requirement. They will not a make a mention of it on the report even if you show your vaccination proof.

No one knows what that means for unvaccinated people when they go to the interview as October 1 is yet to come. People who are vaccinated are carrying proof of the vaccination to the interview, in case it is asked. But it is probable that if you had a medical before Oct1, it may not be asked for.

To be safe (with respect your visa, your personal safety and that of others), I recommend you get vaccinated. 

If you want a certain answer, I recommend you email the Montreal Consulate.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

1 hour ago, UsagiCosplay said:

My fiance is having his medical exam today, interview is tomorrow. He has the Sinopharm vaccine, the Dr. asked him today if he plans to get the American one when he comes here if he gets approved tomorrow. I had planned to fly to his country and fly back with him, we would be coming back after October 1. Since his medical is today, would it be better for him to fly alone before October 1 or would we be okay to fly back together after that date since his medical and interview would be dated in September? Not sure why the Dr. asked him if he plans to get another since he already had a vaccine series for COVID completed. The American made COVID vaccines are not as widely available where he lives. Any idea if we should try to fly before that date or are we good to fly after? We would be flying into Dulles.

I don’t understand the question either as any WHO approved vaccine is fine - I assume sinopharm is on that list?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.