German Canadian

Medical Before October 1st, Interview After

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I don’t understand the question either as any WHO approved vaccine is fine - I assume sinopharm is on that list?

It is. I'm just wondering if it's better to have him come before or after October 1. I guess anytime is fine from what I read since he does have it.

Correction, almost all doctors require seeing the interview letter at the medical. London was actually a known exception for taking peoples money before getting an interview and them having to redo the whole thing again because the medical had expired or nearly expired when they did get an interview. (I am not sure if that particular doctor is still on the panel list.) I didn’t find the extract quoted above in a quick scroll throigh the thread so no idea what country it referred to. 

5 hours ago, UsagiCosplay said:

It is. I'm just wondering if it's better to have him come before or after October 1. I guess anytime is fine from what I read since he does have it.

If his medical is approved and visa issued it should not make a difference. He will I presume have his vaccine card on his person anyway? 

43 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Poland

Thank you for editing the prior post to make it clear.

i don’t think OP is in Poland but I’ve kind of lost track. Anyway both polish embassy website and medical info are updated for Covid vaccination.  Whatever, if someone wants to rush a medical hoping to avoid a vaccine and potentially just losing the money and have to do the vaccine later anyway, it’s their issue. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

If his medical is approved and visa issued it should not make a difference. He will I presume have his vaccine card on his person anyway? 

Yes he will have a card. Just don’t want any issues at POE if he comes after the October 1 date because his medical exam is dated for today and doesn’t list the vaccine for COVID on there.

12 hours ago, UsagiCosplay said:

Yes he will have a card. Just don’t want any issues at POE if he comes after the October 1 date because his medical exam is dated for today and doesn’t list the vaccine for COVID on there.

My understanding is that it is at latest, the interview date that matters for this - example someone who had their interview /visa 4 months ago still has a valid visa for entry now, I am sure they won’t be penalized for what was current then. I don’t even think that CBP checks the medical details to be honest, at most they check all parts of the packet are there. If it’s an electronic packet, as many are these days, I don’t know if they even look at it. From our own experience - it’s the consulate that determines what is valid and CBP just checks visa expiry and the existence of the packet. The only non-chit chat question CBP asked us was confirmation of the address for the green card to get sent to.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/20/2021 at 7:46 AM, UsagiCosplay said:

My fiance is having his medical exam today, interview is tomorrow. He has the Sinopharm vaccine, the Dr. asked him today if he plans to get the American one when he comes here if he gets approved tomorrow. I had planned to fly to his country and fly back with him, we would be coming back after October 1. Since his medical is today, would it be better for him to fly alone before October 1 or would we be okay to fly back together after that date since his medical and interview would be dated in September? Not sure why the Dr. asked him if he plans to get another since he already had a vaccine series for COVID completed. The American made COVID vaccines are not as widely available where he lives. Any idea if we should try to fly before that date or are we good to fly after? We would be flying into Dulles.

i think it only applied if the medical exam happened after october 1st. as long as your fiance comes in while the visa is valid and the passort is valid for at least 6 months longer than the date coming in, it should be fine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 9/20/2021 at 10:46 AM, UsagiCosplay said:

My fiance is having his medical exam today, interview is tomorrow. He has the Sinopharm vaccine, the Dr. asked him today if he plans to get the American one when he comes here if he gets approved tomorrow. I had planned to fly to his country and fly back with him, we would be coming back after October 1. Since his medical is today, would it be better for him to fly alone before October 1 or would we be okay to fly back together after that date since his medical and interview would be dated in September? Not sure why the Dr. asked him if he plans to get another since he already had a vaccine series for COVID completed. The American made COVID vaccines are not as widely available where he lives. Any idea if we should try to fly before that date or are we good to fly after? We would be flying into Dulles.

I read somewhere that European/Western countries were only acknowledging their Covid vaccines. I hope that’s not true because all countries don’t have access to U.S vaccines.

4 hours ago, Ife2020 said:

I read somewhere that European/Western countries were only acknowledging their Covid vaccines. I hope that’s not true because all countries don’t have access to U.S vaccines.

It’s irrelevant what European countries do. What is relevant is what the US visa requirements are, and that is any vaccine that is approved, full or emergency use, by either the FDA or the WHO. I believe that covers most vaccines available to people In developing countries. (I’m not sure where the “somewhere” you read this is but you can confirm what I’ve said by going to the official CDC website)

37 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s irrelevant what European countries do. What is relevant is what the US visa requirements are, and that is any vaccine that is approved, full or emergency use, by either the FDA or the WHO. I believe that covers most vaccines available to people In developing countries. (I’m not sure where the “somewhere” you read this is but you can confirm what I’ve said by going to the official CDC website)

I’ve just read an article however that says that the Russian Sputnik vaccine is not yet approved by WHO ?? so until that happens there actually could be a lot of people affected. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’ve just read an article however that says that the Russian Sputnik vaccine is not yet approved by WHO ?? so until that happens there actually could be a lot of people affected. 

Yeah I saw that, it's still not approved by the WHO yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.