Angela & Brendon

EAD Expedite approved; what about AP?

33 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I recently requested that my EAD was expedited (long story short, unemployed spouse, job offer), and it was approved today. I got a notification from USCIS that the card is in production and that it would be mailed to me. 

I am curious about the status of my AP. I had filed for both at the same time, my understanding was that people who filed for both would usually receive a Combo card, however my AP case status on USCIS remains the same. Should I just be received the EAD card, and will wait for my AP to be approved at the usual timeline? Or could I receive both?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems it could go either way

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Boiler is right. We have seen both here. I received a combo card after the expedite, others only got the EAD.

~ Moved from AOS K1/K2 Case Filing and Progress Reports to Working and Traveling during US immigration - EADs/APs are discussed here ~

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, Angela & Brendon said:

Hi all,

I recently requested that my EAD was expedited (long story short, unemployed spouse, job offer), and it was approved today. I got a notification from USCIS that the card is in production and that it would be mailed to me. 

I am curious about the status of my AP. I had filed for both at the same time, my understanding was that people who filed for both would usually receive a Combo card, however my AP case status on USCIS remains the same. Should I just be received the EAD card, and will wait for my AP to be approved at the usual timeline? Or could I receive both?

Thanks!

Congratulations! Could you let me know how many weeks ago did you request the expedite before getting the approval? Also, did you have your biometrics completed before requesting expedite?

I have a similar situation as you. I got a “referral ID” when I called and the agent told me that I would get an email with the decision. It’s been 2 weeks since I called and I have not heard back.

8 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Congratulations! Could you let me know how many weeks ago did you request the expedite before getting the approval? Also, did you have your biometrics completed before requesting expedite?

I have a similar situation as you. I got a “referral ID” when I called and the agent told me that I would get an email with the decision. It’s been 2 weeks since I called and I have not heard back.

It took 15 days, I reached out to our congressional rep's office to help us get it over the line. I would definitely contact them if you haven't already. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Angela & Brendon said:

It took 15 days, I reached out to our congressional rep's office to help us get it over the line. I would definitely contact them if you haven't already. 

That’s a great advice that I did not think of. When you say congressional rep’s office, do you mean go to house.gov or senate.gov? The reason why I asked is in Nevada where I live the congressman is a Republican while our two senators are Democrats. I don’t get involved in politics but it is well-known that Republican’s take anti-immigration stance (legal or illegal etc) so I wonder if I should contact our Senators instead.

Could you please share some advice on how you did this…what you said, how you contacted them (email or phone etc). Thanks for your help!

15 minutes ago, chancecody said:

That’s a great advice that I did not think of. When you say congressional rep’s office, do you mean go to house.gov or senate.gov? The reason why I asked is in Nevada where I live the congressman is a Republican while our two senators are Democrats. I don’t get involved in politics but it is well-known that Republican’s take anti-immigration stance (legal or illegal etc) so I wonder if I should contact our Senators instead.

Could you please share some advice on how you did this…what you said, how you contacted them (email or phone etc). Thanks for your help!

house.gov to find your local rep. I then called the office and asked to speak with the immigration liaison officer, the individual that helped me. You could try the Senators, but I also live in a pretty red state (Tennessee), and I think regardless of immigration status your congressperson should want to add another job to the local economy. 

On 9/15/2021 at 2:36 PM, chancecody said:

If you are in Nevada, you can try Sen. Jacky Rosen. I'm from Nevada and I called her office to seek assistance with my expedite request. They file for an inquiry on my behalf. Yesterday my expedite was approved. Hope this helps :)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, RL2611 said:

If you are in Nevada, you can try Sen. Jacky Rosen. I'm from Nevada and I called her office to seek assistance with my expedite request. They file for an inquiry on my behalf. Yesterday my expedite was approved. Hope this helps :)

Thanks! What information do they need when I call? My job offer expired and I still have not heard from USCIS regarding my expedite.

31 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Thanks! What information do they need when I call? My job offer expired and I still have not heard from USCIS regarding my expedite.

If you can ask for an extension on your job offer that would be nice. You can check jacky rosen's website and you'll see a privacy authorization form that you need to fill out. Then call them to ask what email address you can send it to. Just make sure you call them to confirm that they received your form so they can inquire on your behalf.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RL2611 said:

If you can ask for an extension on your job offer that would be nice. You can check jacky rosen's website and you'll see a privacy authorization form that you need to fill out. Then call them to ask what email address you can send it to. Just make sure you call them to confirm that they received your form so they can inquire on your behalf.

Thanks again ❤️. My job offer could not be extended as the company could not wait any longer and they needed to fill the role (I expedited on Sept 3rd). I will have another job offer coming up tomorrow (I did an interview marathon the last 3 days). Could you please let me know:

1. After contacting the senator’s office, how long did it take to get your approval? That is, if you received approval yesterday, when did you contact them.

2. I, as the beneficiary, will put my contact information in the form, not my USC spouse, correct? I wanted to find out if they require the USC taxpayer to actually contact them.

41 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Thanks again ❤️. My job offer could not be extended as the company could not wait any longer and they needed to fill the role (I expedited on Sept 3rd). I will have another job offer coming up tomorrow (I did an interview marathon the last 3 days). Could you please let me know:

1. After contacting the senator’s office, how long did it take to get your approval? That is, if you received approval yesterday, when did you contact them.

2. I, as the beneficiary, will put my contact information in the form, not my USC spouse, correct? I wanted to find out if they require the USC taxpayer to actually contact them.

1. I contacted the Senator's office 09/16 to confirm if they received my email on the privacy authorization form + job offer. Then the lady said yes and said she will line me up for processing. The next day the senator's representative called me to advise that he will call USCIS on the same day to inquire what's going on on my case. 09/21 when I saw a case update that USCIS approved my expedite.

2. I only wrote down all my AOS and EAD information. I didn't provide any info of my USC husband. Here is the link: https://www.rosen.senate.gov/sites/default/files/2019-10/Senate PRF.pdf

Timeline
On 9/22/2021 at 5:37 PM, RL2611 said:

1. I contacted the Senator's office 09/16 to confirm if they received my email on the privacy authorization form + job offer. Then the lady said yes and said she will line me up for processing. The next day the senator's representative called me to advise that he will call USCIS on the same day to inquire what's going on on my case. 09/21 when I saw a case update that USCIS approved my expedite.

2. I only wrote down all my AOS and EAD information. I didn't provide any info of my USC husband. Here is the link: https://www.rosen.senate.gov/sites/default/files/2019-10/Senate PRF.pdf

Hi RL2611,

Could you please let me know the telephone number that you used to get through their Reno office? I kept calling the 775 number and it goes to their Washington office. The lady at the Washington office said they don’t have it yet as of today. I wonder if I should just drive and drop the PRF in person.

17 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Hi RL2611,

Could you please let me know the telephone number that you used to get through their Reno office? I kept calling the 775 number and it goes to their Washington office. The lady at the Washington office said they don’t have it yet as of today. I wonder if I should just drive and drop the PRF in person.

This is the number I always call. I just called them last friday and it was in Reno though. Let them know which email address you sent it thru

14C716F3-F4C2-4252-AA16-58D19B0C89DE.jpeg

Edited by RL2611
Update

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.