adipo21

RECEIVED AN RF TODAY

59 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

So I’m clear, I’m assuming you sent the I-751 ROC and you received the acceptance letter for the I-751 from the USCIS and either they reused or you had to do a new biometrics appointment? 

You said you waited a year already so are you saying you have already got the I-751 acceptance letter and did the biometrics so now you get an RFE? I can only assume if this is the case they were preparing for your ROC interview but didn’t like your I-751 package? 

Edited by LarryHickman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

So I’m clear, I’m assuming you sent the I-751 ROC and you received the acceptance letter for the I-751 from the USCIS and either they reused or you had to do a new biometrics appointment? 

You said you waited a year already so are you saying you have already got the I-751 acceptance letter and did the biometrics so now you get an RFE? I can only assume if this is the case they were preparing for your ROC interview but didn’t like your I-751 package? 

Yes, OP got that letter a long time ago. Biometrics probably reused from AOS. It’s not uncommon to get a RFE. They were not necessarily preparing for an interview; they were going through the package as a standard procedure.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Yes, OP got that letter a long time ago. Biometrics probably reused from AOS. It’s not uncommon to get a RFE. They were not necessarily preparing for an interview; they were going through the package as a standard procedure.

Well I’ll cross my fingers I don’t get the same. Everyone’s isnt the same so you have to try and give what you have that has dates covering time since two year green card issued. 

I had to use multiple docs to cover two years as some docs didn’t have a nicely laid two year co-mingled relationship, some docs were started a year or so after marriage and some docs were never were co-mingled like my house deed prior to marriage. 

I guess his/her best bet is to get docs that cover this time frame even if docs are of different type. 

Believe it or not the are people been married legitimately for years/decades without docs that have both of them on it, they can have their own professional jobs, insurance, bank accounts etc…of course this isn’t a common thing but it happens and they are the real deal:) 

Edited by LarryHickman

4 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Your main issue is that the provided evidence does not cover the entire span of the marriage. Basically it is just bits and pieces.

As they mention in the letter, they want a long term rental contract, bank statements that go beyond three months and in general documents that prove cohabitation and financial commingling for at least 2 years -now 3 as you filed over a year ago-.

So, you should gather ALL the bank statements from your joint account, get your in laws write a long term rental contract that you'll both sign, print all the IRS transcripts from when you married to date -I guess that'd be 2018, 2019 and 2020-.

You might also include documents on 401k, life insurance, etc.

Thank you😊.And just add to this evidence me and my husband started working together sense last year around March after previous job was shutdown due to covid. We been running his business together can I add this to the evidence?if yes how would we word it?

Thank you😊.And just add to this evidence me and my husband started working together sense last year around March after previous job was shutdown due to covid. We been running his business together can I add this to the evidence?if yes how would we word it?

9 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

Depending on the kind of business it is, you should have some permits or registration. If those include both names, you can use the documents as evidence. 

9 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Depending on the kind of business it is, you should have some permits or registration. If those include both names, you can use the documents as evidence. 

Thank u it's a landscaping business we run together 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

Thank u it's a landscaping business we run together 

Is it registered on both your names? Then you can also submit that as evidence.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

3 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Is it registered on both your names? Then you can also submit that as evidence.

No it's on his cause we thought we're going to working together for short time till covid ends but this year we decided to continue working together so now we're are thinking of making it official. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, adipo21 said:

Guys what's the best phone number to call the USCIS? to ask exactly why they rejected my documents what they want.

Adipo, you don't need to call USCIS.  Your RFE letter says EXACTLY what they want.  You need to send bank statements since the time you married.  Your Father-in law needs to write another affidavit that EXPRESSLY states that he rents to you, that you have been renting one of his properties since xx/xx/xx, how much you pay each month (which should show up on your bank statements, right?), and for how long you are renting (until you save up to buy a house?  indefinitely?).

You will clear the RFE faster if you follow USCIS's letter exactly.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
4 hours ago, adipo21 said:

Guys what's the best phone number to call the USCIS? to ask exactly why they rejected my documents what they want.

The people who answer the phone at USCIS are contractors and often provide bad advice, they are not USCIS officers, if you get incorrect information from them USCIS will not take that into account.

They can look things up on a computer, maybe get something mailed to you or set up an appointment with a USCIS officer for a stamp for your passport. That's about it. They can not get you in touch with the officer handling your case.

Include 1099 and w2 throughout the marriage, any official document mailed to either or both of you and has your address on it.

Fix  affidavits to indicate that you and your spouse got married and you both live together as a couple at your home throughout the period you have been married.

Include some mail sent to you and your spouse at home address like stimulus letters, holiday cards, l bills and even junk mail. Include samples sent throughout your marriage.

Bank statements showing transactions throughout marriage are best of all, show how you spend and save money together.

Joint Tax Transcipts for each year of marrage

Edited by da95826

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, adipo21 said:

They told you why they sent an RFE follow it and get as much of the evidence as possible. Calling them will do you no good because they stated in letter what you need to do.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Calling them is a waste of time. They told you what they needed from you.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

So guys this is what we have done sense we got the Ref we wrote down list of evidence will send them.

! This the list !

1. My husband will talk his father we live close to him thank God😊 his going  have him make us an official lease document. And add all the payments we been making sense we started leasing here

2. We called Bge today got them to change gas/electric in our names.

3.Get two affidavit of support from our good neighbors.

4.Bank statements from 2017 to 2021

5. Tax returns 2017 to 2020

6. New insurance plan we got last year. 

7. My husband will officially add me to his business sense covid isn't going away anytime soon we decided to work together. 

8.My husband will add me two his business account.

9.Add copies of the Stimulus checks we got together .

10. Thank you cards,Christmas,cards etc from our good neighbors.

11.Prof off address mails we been getting.

12.Proof of evidence showing we tired to apply for loan to buy the house and got denied 😔sad but true.

Anything else guys I could add to this list?

Edited by adipo21

26 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

So guys this is what we have done sense we got the Ref we wrote down list of evidence will send them.

! This the list !

1. My husband will talk his father we live close to him thank God😊 his going  have him make us an official lease document. And add all the payments we been making sense we started leasing here

2. We called Bge today got them to change gas/electric in our names.

3.Get two affidavit of support from our good neighbors.

4.Bank statements from 2017 to 2021

5. Tax returns 2017 to 2020

6. New insurance plan we got last year. 

7. My husband will officially add me to his business sense covid isn't going away anytime soon we decided to work together. 

8.My husband will add me two his business account.

9.Add copies of the Stimulus checks we got together .

10. Thank you cards,Christmas,cards etc from our good neighbors.

11.Prof off address mails we been getting.

12.Proof of evidence showing we tired to apply for loan to buy the house and got denied 😔sad but true.

Anything else guys I could add to this list?

Looks way better than what you sent initially. 

Make sure your father in law writes a long term contract that you both are responsible of. 

And I guess you'll include each and every bank statement from 2017 to date -that'd be well over 50 statements-.

Hope everything goes perfect this time. Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.