adipo21

RECEIVED AN RF TODAY

59 posts in this topic

Hello guys just received an Rf today in the mail after waiting 1 year and couple of months. Me and my husband we are currently living and renting from my father in-law house.My father in-law has two houses gave us one to rent while we're saving up to buy our own house down below attached the file off the evidence we submitted. My question is what more can we give me? 

inCollage_20210913_171709975.jpg

Your main issue is that the provided evidence does not cover the entire span of the marriage. Basically it is just bits and pieces.

As they mention in the letter, they want a long term rental contract, bank statements that go beyond three months and in general documents that prove cohabitation and financial commingling for at least 2 years -now 3 as you filed over a year ago-.

So, you should gather ALL the bank statements from your joint account, get your in laws write a long term rental contract that you'll both sign, print all the IRS transcripts from when you married to date -I guess that'd be 2018, 2019 and 2020-.

You might also include documents on 401k, life insurance, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The problem here is that your evidence seems to be scattered and it doesn’t show consistency throughout the span of your marriage.

- Send them ALL bank statements from the inception of the account. Hopefully you use that account for everyday things like paying bills, groceries, etc. Have you in laws writing a lease; send them ALL bank statements, updated health/ car insurance, 401ks, IRS tax returns, joint memberships, etc etc. Hopefully you kept a copy of the evidence that you submitted for your AOS; I would also include some of that evidence and add on the new one.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

17 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

The problem here is that your evidence seems to be scattered and it doesn’t show consistency throughout the span of your marriage.

- Send them ALL bank statements from the inception of the account. Hopefully you use that account for everyday things like paying bills, groceries, etc. Have you in laws writing a lease; send them ALL bank statements, updated health/ car insurance, 401ks, IRS tax returns, joint memberships, etc etc. Hopefully you kept a copy of the evidence that you submitted for your AOS; I would also include some of that evidence and add on the new one.

Thank you so much so if we're to send new evidence how would u suggest we do it?

Just now, adipo21 said:

Thank you so much so if we're to send new evidence how would u suggest we do it?

You should organize the things as follows:

1) The RFE letter you received -this one is A MUST-.

2) A cover letter with a comprehensive list of everything you're sending -old and new evidence- classified by type: financial commingling/IRS transcripts/2018-2020...and so on. 

3) All the documents you're sending organized in the order you listed them on the cover letter.

Btw, get a photocopy of the RFE for your own records. 

44 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Your main issue is that the provided evidence does not cover the entire span of the marriage. Basically it is just bits and pieces.

As they mention in the letter, they want a long term rental contract, bank statements that go beyond three months and in general documents that prove cohabitation and financial commingling for at least 2 years -now 3 as you filed over a year ago-.

So, you should gather ALL the bank statements from your joint account, get your in laws write a long term rental contract that you'll both sign, print all the IRS transcripts from when you married to date -I guess that'd be 2018, 2019 and 2020-.

You might also include documents on 401k, life insurance, etc.

We don't have 401k, is that  problem?and another we are currently rent from my father in-law house we sent them a document showing we're renting from him we have been living here for 4 years now. Is there another way to do leasing agreement?

1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You should organize the things as follows:

1) The RFE letter you received -this one is A MUST-.

2) A cover letter with a comprehensive list of everything you're sending -old and new evidence- classified by type: financial commingling/IRS transcripts/2018-2020...and so on. 

3) All the documents you're sending organized in the order you listed them on the cover letter.

Btw, get a photocopy of the RFE for your own records. 

Thank you so much appreciate.Have another question was in the process of trying to file for my citizenship should I hold off?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

You’re welcome. There’s a guide on VJ about how to file for ROC, which basically you could follow for responding to this RFE. I’d paste it here, but I’m on my phone and I don’t know how to do it. Basically you’d put the RFE letter (make a copy for your records, send the original), a cover letter (there are templates on Google) in which you list all the evidence you’re sending, and then the evidence with sticky tabs at the bottom. Once your package is assembled, make a copy and keep it for your own records. Cannot stress this enough.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

5 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

We don't have 401k, is that  problem?and another we are currently rent from my father in-law house we sent them a document showing we're renting from him we have been living here for 4 years now. Is there another way to do leasing agreement?

As per the RFE letter, you sent a month to month agreement, rather than a long term contract. 

What USCIS wants to see is a joint financial commitment you've both taken. In this case it should be a contract where you both agree to pay the lease for a year -which is the common length-.

If you don't have a 401k, include any other benefit where your spouse is included. 

1 minute ago, adipo21 said:

Thank you so much appreciate.Have another question was in the process of trying to file for my citizenship should I hold off?

At least until you make sure they received your RFE response.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

No, in a way they’re two separate processes and they won’t approve your n400 until your i751 is approved. Carry on.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

As per the RFE letter, you sent a month to month agreement, rather than a long term contract. 

What USCIS wants to see is a joint financial commitment you've both taken. In this case it should be a contract where you both agree to pay the lease for a year -which is the common length-.

If you don't have a 401k, include any other benefit where your spouse is included. 

At least until you make sure they received your RFE response.

Not really. She can continue with n400. It’s not like they’re going to call her tomorrow for an oath ceremony.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

2 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Not really. She can continue with n400. It’s not like they’re going to call her tomorrow for an oath ceremony.

The case could be denied, RFE lost in transit, etc.

No need to rush things when the first step is still uncertain. 

First things first. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

The case could be denied, RFE lost in transit, etc.

No need to rush things when the first step is still uncertain. 

First things first. 

I have a different perspective but I respect yours. I’m of the idea that USCIS takes its sweet time, and a RFE is just a bump in the road. If I were in that situation, I wouldn’t wait. There’s no harm in doing the two things at the same time. Why would you add even more time to USCIS super long processing times?

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

43 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

I have a different perspective but I respect yours. I’m of the idea that USCIS takes its sweet time, and a RFE is just a bump in the road. If I were in that situation, I wouldn’t wait. There’s no harm in doing the two things at the same time. Why would you add even more time to USCIS super long processing times?

First of all, in case USCIS is reading this, I'd like to say I love them to bits. 😆 

Now, that being said, they can really mess up things even when you do things properly. Although an RFE is not the end of the world, things can happen and having a ROC case denied for improper response can trigger a series of events that are very stressful and costly. 

So, if I was in the same situation, I'd like to have one issue sorted out before I get into another process.

And waiting for them to receive the RFE response wouldn't delay things much. 

Of course, in this specific case, it is ultimately the OP's decision, regardless of what we say or advise.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

59 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

First of all, in case USCIS is reading this, I'd like to say I love them to bits. 😆 

Now, that being said, they can really mess up things even when you do things properly. Although an RFE is not the end of the world, things can happen and having a ROC case denied for improper response can trigger a series of events that are very stressful and costly. 

So, if I was in the same situation, I'd like to have one issue sorted out before I get into another process.

And waiting for them to receive the RFE response wouldn't delay things much. 

Of course, in this specific case, it is ultimately the OP's decision, regardless of what we say or advise.

Excaltly was thinking of the same thing but all wait. Guys just wanted to say I truly appreciate each and everyone of guy's taking time out of ur busy schedules to respond to my predicament.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.