micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
25 minutes ago, AW1704 said:

Update! Woke up to an email from USCIS saying action had been taken on my case. Checked myUSCIS portal but no changes. Several hours later, I got pinged by my Case Tracker app that the I-485 has been approved today! Yahooo!

Excellent news!!! Congrats to you!

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

1 hour ago, boy2aman said:

Excellent news!!! Congrats to you!

55 minutes ago, anitka said:

Cogratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️

Thanks!! 😊😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi all! I have received notice of my initial I-485 interview and it says reason for interview is a Stokes interview. As far as I could see online this is normally for a second interview, has anyone else seen this happen recently?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 5/26/2022 at 9:30 AM, AW1704 said:

Yes, you can. But! once your GC is expired and you are entering on GC + extension letter, Global Entry no longer works and you have to be processed by CBP officer.

Thank you for the info. Will file for global entry then. Good until the GC expires in 2 years.

5 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

Thank you for the info. Will file for global entry then. Good until the GC expires in 2 years.

Worth noting that the global entry remains valid, so once you get your 10 year GC, the global entry will work again for whatever period you have remaining of the original five years. 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:19 AM, HKtoUSA said:

Does anyone know how long it takes from the case being approved to the card being produced and sent out?

I thought usually it was quite quick, but I got my approval on Saturday and so far no movement. Is yours being produced yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
11 minutes ago, AW1704 said:

I thought usually it was quite quick, but I got my approval on Saturday and so far no movement. Is yours being produced yet?

We were approved last Wednesday, card produced on Friday, delivered today!

2 minutes ago, HKtoUSA said:

We were approved last Wednesday, card produced on Friday, delivered today!

Congrats! Nice to know at least that the card printing machine is working 😅

Approved for AP after expedite! Now I just have to wait for the interview to be scheduled.

09/15/21 - Sent packet via USPS to Chicago lockbox

09/22/21 - Priority date

09/26/21 - Text/email confirmation of receipt by USCIS

09/28/21 - Checks cashed by USCIS

09/30/21 - Received I-797C for I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130 in mail

10/09/21 - USCIS online account updates to schedule biometrics

11/01/21 - Biometrics appointment (Brooklyn, NY)

11/04/21 - Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

02/14/22 - I-765 Expedite requested

02/24/22 - Expedite evidence sent

03/23/22 - EAD arrived in mail

05/06/22 - AP approved (expedited)

01/03/23 - RFE for I-693, case transferred to Boise, ID office

01/17/23 - I-485 approved

01/25/23 - GC arrived in mail

3 hours ago, Yorkie62 said:

Approved for AP after expedite! Now I just have to wait for the interview to be scheduled.

Wow congrats! I understand that AP expedites are really rare, so I am glad for you that you were able to get one :)

6 minutes ago, AW1704 said:

Wow congrats! I understand that AP expedites are really rare, so I am glad for you that you were able to get one :)

Thanks!

I haven't heard of anyone getting AP without expediting or getting a combo card, and being in Seattle, I didn't want to wait until the green card to travel (it could be another year or so). There was certainly a business case for me to have to travel overseas, so I thought it was worth a shot. It took almost five weeks for a decision though. No evidence requested.

09/15/21 - Sent packet via USPS to Chicago lockbox

09/22/21 - Priority date

09/26/21 - Text/email confirmation of receipt by USCIS

09/28/21 - Checks cashed by USCIS

09/30/21 - Received I-797C for I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130 in mail

10/09/21 - USCIS online account updates to schedule biometrics

11/01/21 - Biometrics appointment (Brooklyn, NY)

11/04/21 - Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

02/14/22 - I-765 Expedite requested

02/24/22 - Expedite evidence sent

03/23/22 - EAD arrived in mail

05/06/22 - AP approved (expedited)

01/03/23 - RFE for I-693, case transferred to Boise, ID office

01/17/23 - I-485 approved

01/25/23 - GC arrived in mail

4 minutes ago, Yorkie62 said:

Thanks!

I haven't heard of anyone getting AP without expediting or getting a combo card, and being in Seattle, I didn't want to wait until the green card to travel (it could be another year or so). There was certainly a business case for me to have to travel overseas, so I thought it was worth a shot. It took almost five weeks for a decision though. No evidence requested.

Oh yeah that must be tough waiting at one of the offices with a longer lead time. Glad the expedite process went well for you. Happy travels!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi everyone! So we got our interview this morning, most questions were made to my wife, the US citizen, only a couple and easy questions for me, the officer focused a lot on the fact that my wife became a US citizen through naturalization on May 2019 and she petioned for me on November 2019 😑, we had a 3 years relationship already by then and 2 years engaged, plus if you're in love and want to be with your loved one you don't wanna wait for anything, so she stated at the end our case will be under review but what's kinda tricky is that she said "I can't tell you when exactly your green card will arrive but I do know it'll be valid for 2 years since you've been married for less than one year, make sure you apply for a renewal 90 days before this one expires, if by then you two are still married and it's been over 3 years of marriage just go straight for your citizenship instead of greencard renewal" she then handed me a sheet that states our case is under review, it makes no sense tho, if me as an officer am thinking this may not be a truthful marriage I would've asked more personal questions rather than all questions she made, they were too general

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.