micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Gabe89 said:

Hi everyone!

we had our interview almost 2 weeks ago. We prepared a lot of documentation but we didn't need much.

The officer looked for the medical (thankfully was in the packed but I had with me the copy of the original just in case).

We were approved on the spot but the status changed online only the day after.

Received the card in the mail about a week after the interview.

Wish everyone who didn't get their interview yet the best of luck!!

Thanks for the review and congrats!!!

On 5/14/2022 at 4:17 PM, HKtoUSA said:

Our interview is on May 24th. Here's what we are planning to bring to the interview:

1. Interview notice and AOS applicant's passport
  2. I-693 (Medical)
  3. I-864 Affidavit of Support + 2021 tax return, 2 months of pay stubs, and employer letter
  4. Previously received I-797s (K1 approval + I-485 biometrics letter) and RFE letter
  5. Applicant's passport and Form I-94 (arrival/departure record)
  6. Original birth certificates for both spouses plus copies
  7. Marriage certificate plus copy
  8. Bank statements (2 most recent months) bearing both spouses' names
  9. Insurance cards + proof of designated beneficiary for various retirement/insurance accounts
  10. Most recent cell phone bill
  11. Photos with dates before our wedding, from our wedding, and after
  12. Shared credit cards + AAA cards

Anything essential missing?

I'm on 25th and my package is looking very similar to yours, I take that to be a good sign :)

2 hours ago, Zenchi said:

Green card has just arrived. 11 days after the interview date. 

11 days including weekends or working day?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

For those who have already had their interviews, have you had to wait a long time to be seen or is it usually pretty quick? Our letter says to arrive at 8am and we're trying to figure out how long we might be at the field office.

Edited by HKtoUSA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Great to see people getting interviews. Anyone else left here who hasn't got an interview date yet? 

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

11 minutes ago, HKtoUSA said:

For those who have already had their interviews, have you had to wait a long time to be seen or is it usually pretty quick? Our letter says to arrive at 8am and we're trying to figure out how long we might be at the field office.

Ours was super fast (getting in to interview) might be because our is Phoenix AZ, and very less busy in here.

The interview itself took 30 minutese MAX. even those 30 minutes, the interviewer was just busy in completing the formalities and paperwork for the approval. I.e. Oath, very few fomal questions. Did not check all our documents.

The whole process was 40 miniutes from entering into building and being outside with happy faces.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, googly3 said:

Great to see people getting interviews. Anyone else left here who hasn't got an interview date yet? 

no interview call yet. usps lost the EAD card.

i485filed: September 31, 2021

ead approved: April 2022

Field office: Chicago

8 minutes ago, kline19 said:

no interview call yet. usps lost the EAD card.

i485filed: September 31, 2021

ead approved: April 2022

Field office: Chicago

Oh no. You did not end up finding your parents EAD? I hope you get a replacement soon.

17 minutes ago, googly3 said:

Me! My parent's interview or waiver is not fixed.

Got his EAD on April 1 along with deficiency of I 693 (eventhough we submitted it with our original packet).

I wonder how much longer we have to wait 🙄

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

uscis wants me to refile I765 and their form makes it difficult to figure out whether I need to pay a fee or no. So I am staying put and hoping to get the real GC soon.

6 minutes ago, kline19 said:

uscis wants me to refile I765 and their form makes it difficult to figure out whether I need to pay a fee or no. So I am staying put and hoping to get the real GC soon.

Is it because the EAD got lost that they want you to re file for it? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
56 minutes ago, googly3 said:

Me 🥲

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

22 minutes ago, kline19 said:

Yea, if you report your EAD is lost then they tell you use i765 and file again.

Than its just better you wait for Green Card to come..unless of course your parents plan to work before Green Card comes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.