11 posts in this topic

Hey guys. My husband had his interview for a CR1 spouse visa at the Beirut lebanon embassy back in March 2021 and we have been waiting for 6 months now in administrative processing and we still have not gotten any response except that his case is still pending AP. We filed a writ of mandamus action and still no response. Does anyone have any experience with them? We still haven’t passed the 60 days they are allowed with the mandamus action, but does anyone have experience of a possibility that the embassy would surpass the 60 days and not respond? We are soooo worried and so desperate for help!! :(  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

No experience with the consulate in Beirut, but the WoM step seems a little early for a case that has been in AP for 5 months.  Administrative processing can take a long time especially in some countries where it is difficult to conduct a thorough background check.  Did a lawyer advise filing the WoM?

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I also have not come across somebody filing so quickly

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah & hubby said:

Hey guys. My husband had his interview for a CR1 spouse visa at the Beirut lebanon embassy back in March 2021 and we have been waiting for 6 months now in administrative processing and we still have not gotten any response except that his case is still pending AP. We filed a writ of mandamus action and still no response. Does anyone have any experience with them? We still haven’t passed the 60 days they are allowed with the mandamus action, but does anyone have experience of a possibility that the embassy would surpass the 60 days and not respond? We are soooo worried and so desperate for help!! :(  

I'm curious....who advised you to file the WOM?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

No experience with the consulate in Beirut, but the WoM step seems a little early for a case that has been in AP for 5 months.  Administrative processing can take a long time especially in some countries where it is difficult to conduct a thorough background check.  Did a lawyer advise filing the WoM?

Good Luck!

My lawyer filed it because I applied for my husband over 2 years ago, and we have a priority date of August 2019, which is why he advised of the WoM. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

I'm curious....who advised you to file the WOM?

My lawyer advised and filed it because I applied for my husband over 2 years ago, and we have a priority date of August 2019, which is why he advised of the WoM. 

5 hours ago, Sarah & hubby said:

My lawyer advised and filed it because I applied for my husband over 2 years ago, and we have a priority date of August 2019, which is why he advised of the WoM. 

The more important timeframe is the time since interview.  The time since filing a petition, or becoming DQ or whatever, is irrelevant.  AP takes place post-interview, and 6 months is about half the time of what we usually see for MENA/S. Asian WOMs.  I think that was risky advice your lawyer gave you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sarah & hubby said:

My lawyer filed it because I applied for my husband over 2 years ago, and we have a priority date of August 2019, which is why he advised of the WoM. 

My lawyer advised and filed it because I applied for my husband over 2 years ago, and we have a priority date of August 2019, which is why he advised of the WoM. 

Obviously we do not know the entire story, so keep us informed of the outcome of your WoM.  Since you are new to VJ, you can check out the reviews for the consulate in Lebanon as well as the regional specific forum as there may be others from the same consulate that have more specific information.

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Lebanon&cty=&dfilter=5

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/page/2/

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Obviously we do not know the entire story, so keep us informed of the outcome of your WoM.  Since you are new to VJ, you can check out the reviews for the consulate in Lebanon as well as the regional specific forum as there may be others from the same consulate that have more specific information.

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Lebanon&cty=&dfilter=5

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/page/2/

You’re so nice and helpful! Thank you! Yes I’m new here, and I posted in order to be able to follow along other people’s journey as well as share my journey too. I really hope to be able to share a positive outcome with you all soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 8/30/2021 at 4:25 PM, Sarah & hubby said:

I filed a WoM after only 7 months waiting and it was approved even during the pandemic last year. In fact my lawyer told me to file at 6 months but I waited an extra month to save up and IT WAS APPROVED. It was K1 (which is even riskier than CR1) and everyone and I MEAN everyone here on VJ,  friends who worked in government and even a California lawyer REJECTED I do this. I found Jim Hacking, who is by far the best at WoM, hired him and my husband got the call from the Embassy 29 days after filing. Another girl filed same time and waited more than 60 days. I have her details. HOWEVER, at or just before 60 days, they should have requested an extension. Did they? If not your lawyer has to reach out to the liaison with the Embassy. Please email me for more details and also check my posts as I posted details about my WoM journey....and don't worry, 6 months is MORE THAN enough time to have given them on AP and you were right to file. Please reach out if you need. 

Edited by SJordanS

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

12 hours ago, SJordanS said:

I filed a WoM after only 7 months waiting and it was approved even during the pandemic last year. In fact my lawyer told me to file at 6 months but I waited an extra month to save up and IT WAS APPROVED. It was K1 (which is even riskier than CR1) and everyone and I MEAN everyone here on VJ,  friends who worked in government and even a California lawyer REJECTED I do this. I found Jim Hacking, who is by far the best at WoM, hired him and my husband got the call from the Embassy 29 days after filing. Another girl filed same time and waited more than 60 days. I have her details. HOWEVER, at or just before 60 days, they should have requested an extension. Did they? If not your lawyer has to reach out to the liaison with the Embassy. Please email me for more details and also check my posts as I posted details about my WoM journey....and don't worry, 6 months is MORE THAN enough time to have given them on AP and you were right to file. Please reach out if you need. 

THANK YOU so much for all of this extremely detailed and helpful information! This is the information I’ve been waiting for. That’s how I feel as well, because AP shouldn’t take this long; they have had more than enough time to review the case file. Today marks the 29th day for us. To be honest, I am very worried about our case reaching the 60 day mark at the Lebanon embassy because my husband heard about a friend’s case extending 60 days without a response to the WoM at the same embassy, but idk the details about what their lawyer did. Did you ever send emails to your lawyer to check in? Or send emails to the embassy through your pending WoM? Or you just kept waiting? 
the wait is frustrating especially because CEAC keeps updating to say REFUSED even though it’s refused just for AP. I really am hoping to have a happy ending such as yours soon with my WoM! 

I will check out your posts and thanks for offering to help with your email!! Much love and congrats to you and your fiancé! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.