Sammy.NZ

'Being Actively Reviewed'

14 posts in this topic

Our I-130 has been on the  "Being actively reviewed" status for nearly 5 months now ?!? Can someone tell me if this is normal? Most comments I've seen people seem to get approved shortly after their account changes from "Received" to "Case Being Actively Reviewed" - should I be worried ? Someone ease my mind if you're dealing with the same thing.

Cheers

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sammy.NZ said:

Our I-130 has been on the  "Being actively reviewed" status for nearly 5 months now ?!? Can someone tell me if this is normal? Most comments I've seen people seem to get approved shortly after their account changes from "Received" to "Case Being Actively Reviewed" - should I be worried ? Someone ease my mind if you're dealing with the same thing.

Cheers

Hi Sammy.NZ

Our case has been actively reviewed for almost 4 months now. PD 2/26, also transferred from Nebraska to Texas. I have a feeling that it’s just some technical update, that has a little to no meaning. After surfing the Internet, I think that what we have to wait for is a second “active review” notification, which seems to mean that case is REALLY being actively reviewed.

Good luck and stay patient! We all will get our approvals some time soon. :)

51 minutes ago, Sammy.NZ said:

Our I-130 has been on the  "Being actively reviewed" status for nearly 5 months now ?!? Can someone tell me if this is normal?

There's no set pattern, unfortunately.  Our petition was approved just a couple of days after the case status changed to "being actively reviewed".  But there are members in the thread below whose cases were or have been stuck at that status for months, like yours --

• 7 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 10:48 AM, pravinptl97 said:

I've been on that status since Jan. 12th of this year :(

My PD is 08/31/21 and I’ve been in actively review since 09/22/21. So for 7.5 months now I have been waiting. Hoping to hear something soon

On 8/25/2021 at 7:09 AM, Sammy.NZ said:

Cheers

It hasn't been very long yet, but ours was changed to AR on March 4th (Texas) and we haven't had any update since.

4 hours ago, amu24 said:

It hasn't been very long yet, but ours was changed to AR on March 4th (Texas) and we haven't had any update since.

An update on our end - We had are I-130 petition approved a while back (PD Feb 9th 2021) , it was on actively reviewing for over 9 months (Texas Service Center) before we got approved, it did change again to actively reviewing the day before we were officially approved. 

Submitted to NVC on Jan 28th 2022 and just DQ'd yesterday! Onto the wait for the interview. Patience, patience, patience. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 8/25/2021 at 3:21 PM, StrawberryKiss said:

Our case got “actively” 🙄 reviewed for 6.5 months until it was finally approved. Watch for the date though. If it’s updated, you’ll probably get approved within the next two days. 

What do you mean by "watch for the date though"? I'm curious because our I-130 used to say "125 days since updated" and now it says "2 days since updated" — ever since we got the active review. Thank you

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Alex&Nayden said:

What do you mean by "watch for the date though"? I'm curious because our I-130 used to say "125 days since updated" and now it says "2 days since updated" — ever since we got the active review. Thank you

That means check on your USCIS account to see if you have a Accepted notice.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Troy B said:

That means check on your USCIS account to see if you have a Accepted notice.

I do not have it yet. I've checked several times. 

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/23/2022 at 9:33 AM, Alex&Nayden said:

Sorry, not really active on here anymore after the move and just saw this now. I was referring to the "case is being reviewed as of month/day". The date changed in our case from a January one to a July one. Hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.