15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone, we attended the green card interview on 2/8/21 in Hartford, CT and then waited 5 months for them to send us a letter that the medical was lost and that they needed another to make a final decision. During this time of waiting, we moved from Connecticut to Florida. Of course, we updated the mailing address. They know we live in Florida because they sent the request for a new medical to our new address here. We completed the medical and sent it out. As of today, they updated the website requiring a second interview in Connecticut. They know we live in Florida because I got the letter here. Can something be done so we can attend the interview in Tampa, FL instead of both of us getting on airplanes and traveling across the country for an interview? 

Moved from AOS Case Filing and Progress Reports to AOS P&P

Duplicate thread removed. Please do not start multiple threads on same or similar topics as that’s considered spamming. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

send a letter to CT saying u moved after the 1st interview to Florida as that's where u live now

and if a 2nd interview is needed ,  please send your papers to Tampa office

Also enclose a statement that u did the address change and they sent the letter to your florida address 

Timeline

Hi everyone, it's neem a year and a half since we started the I-485 process. It seems I received 2 notifications last week on the same day. Someone "cancelled" the interview, and apparently I'll be getting a letter in the mail about the cancellation. Now it just shows as "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and I'm wondering are we stuck waiting in limbo for another year?

image.thumb.png.202588c5e05650f216c3f7884fdd6b32.png

2 hours ago, pcenteno said:

Hi everyone, it's neem a year and a half since we started the I-485 process. It seems I received 2 notifications last week on the same day. Someone "cancelled" the interview, and apparently I'll be getting a letter in the mail about the cancellation. Now it just shows as "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and I'm wondering are we stuck waiting in limbo for another year?

image.thumb.png.202588c5e05650f216c3f7884fdd6b32.png

Watch your CEAC messages.  Some in your situation have next gotten the "new card is being produced" notice, as their AOS interview was waived.   Good luck!

50 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

"someone"  is u  if u sent a notice to CT office to send case to Florida 

Exactly. They don’t reschedule immediately, there will be a slight delay to schedule it in a new field office.

Timeline
5 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

"someone"  is u  if u sent a notice to CT office to send case to Florida 

That makes since but why is a 2nd interview needed just because I moved from CT to Florida?

Timeline
1 hour ago, pcenteno said:

That makes since but why is a 2nd interview needed just because I moved from CT to Florida?

you wrote Ct wanted 2nd interview and then u moved

so,  the 2nd interview will be in Florida as the other CT interview  was cancelled by u

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
39 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

you wrote Ct wanted 2nd interview and then u moved

so,  the 2nd interview will be in Florida as the other CT interview  was cancelled by u

Do you have any idea what they could want? I added her to my will as 100& beneficiary, power of attorney as my proxy, she is sole beneficiary of my life insurance, I added her to my bank account, both our names are on the lease, she is on my car insurance, and I have over 100 photos of us in Disney, Universal, other states, wedding, huge engagement party, and other family events. We are literally perplexed by this.

Timeline
3 hours ago, pcenteno said:

Do you have any idea what they could want? I added her to my will as 100& beneficiary, power of attorney as my proxy, she is sole beneficiary of my life insurance, I added her to my bank account, both our names are on the lease, she is on my car insurance, and I have over 100 photos of us in Disney, Universal, other states, wedding, huge engagement party, and other family events. We are literally perplexed by this.

honestly,  i did not have to AOS or ROC

Did u attend with spouse for the  interview and when was it as doesn't show on the timeline above

reading down on the info above on your case,  it doesn't show u ever had an interview after the biometrics appointment in February and the status sayng "ready to interview in March.

• Ontarkie changed the title to Second Green Card Interview (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please do not start more than one thread for the same topic~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
15 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

honestly,  i did not have to AOS or ROC

Did u attend with spouse for the  interview and when was it as doesn't show on the timeline above

reading down on the info above on your case,  it doesn't show u ever had an interview after the biometrics appointment in February and the status sayng "ready to interview in March.

Yes we attended the interview on 2/8/21. They never updated the website on it. We did not have a lawyer. The officer was extremely rude and never asked us a single question about our personal lives. He only focused on the I-485 forms we had filled out, going over them again and repeating "Correction" multiple times. When he finished, he said the only thing he is missing is our medical record. He was supposed to have it. Instead of having us redo the medical, he sent us off and we waited 5 months with no response. That note you see about March was from a frustrated letter I sent, trying to get a status update. They never got back to me. Then we moved to Florida in June and we changed our mailing address. I finally sent him another letter telling him if he does not proceed with our case, we will go to federal court and a federal judge will force him by law to proceed. Magically, he sent a letter asking us to redo the medical. He gave a 3 week deadline. Luckily, we completed it in time and shipped it express from Fl to CT. One month later, which is now, we get a request for a second interview. Maybe I am wrong, but I feel the officer is being vindictive even though it was truly his fault for losing the medical in the first place and never asking us anything about our personal relationship. He did not even request to see a single photo.

Timeline

so,  CT didn't need 2nd interview,  it was your request

all they needed was the medical exam? 

when paperwork goes to offices here in the US documents are often lost

mostly when the USC and/or immigrant do not put case# on it

for a medical exam (if sent directly to office ) the dr should have fully noted name ,  DOB and the case # u gave him when attending the exam

now, your case is going to Florida by your request (hopefully the full packet)  incha allah

Sorry for the rude officer but it happens more than u think

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.